• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

ICICI Wealth Management World Master vs Visa Platinum?

After exhausting my HDFC DC last month, I tried paying my CC bill via ICICI WM DC but it wasn't accepted on Paytm. So when I raised this concern with CC, they sent me this Visa version👇🏻. IMG-20240402-WA0001.jpg
I couldn't find differences in benefits of these (Since most of the information on ICICI website is outdated)
Has someone being using the Visa variant and found any differences in their experience?
Also, I still haven't set pin of the Visa Platinum yet and can see both of them active in iMobile. So, is it somehow possible to keep both of them active? (Since both of them are free)

Solution
After exhausting my HDFC DC last month, I tried paying my CC bill via ICICI WM DC but it wasn't accepted on Paytm. So when I raised this concern with CC, they sent me this Visa version👇🏻. IMG-20240402-WA0001.jpg
I couldn't find differences in benefits of these (Since most of the information on ICICI website is outdated)
Has someone being using the Visa variant and found any differences in their experience?
Also, I still haven't set pin of the Visa Platinum yet and can see both of them active in iMobile. So, is it somehow possible to keep both of them active? (Since both of them are free)
Visa one is a normal Platinum Debit Card 😑

Mastercard is a world network Card (you will get all world varient benefits without any catch...

ashwink

TF Infinite
TF Family
Sr Moderator
Visa one is a normal Platinum Debit Card 😑

Mastercard is a world network Card (you will get all world varient benefits without any catch including golf lessons)

Although any of these cards doesn't provide Reward Points for credit card payments

So taking Visa like downgrading the card just for paying through paytm is not possible Mastercard but there are several alternatives you can use your Mastercard for the same.

Solution

imdjay

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I used to have multiple ICICI DCs- all different versions.
This time I had 2 world master card and when activated the latest one, the older one got deactivated after some time.

You can try to activate the Visa one. Master can still work. but no guarantee. Anyway both has same benefits- nothing new.

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
I used to have multiple ICICI DCs- all different versions.
This time I had 2 world master card and when activated the latest one, the older one got deactivated after some time.

You can try to activate the Visa one. Master can still work. but no guarantee. Anyway both has same benefits- nothing new.
Wealth & no downgrade issues or u guys are maintaining it

timva

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Although any of these cards doesn't provide Reward Points for credit card payments
Are you sure about this?
I remember paying my CC bill from Paytm a few months back using WM world master debit card (don't know how but it was accepted at the time) and had noticed increase in my points.
Either way, it doesn't make much of a difference as the max reward rate would be 0.25% redeemable for apay I guess.

ashwink

TF Infinite
TF Family
Sr Moderator
Are you sure about this?
I remember paying my CC bill from Paytm a few months back using WM world master debit card (don't know how but it was accepted at the time) and had noticed increase in my points.
Either way, it doesn't make much of a difference as the max reward rate would be 0.25% redeemable for apay I guess.
Reward points depending on Select few mcc codes