• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis Airtel Card cashback blunder.

Nubar

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I recently got Axis Airtel Card and on generation of statement, I realised that any bill payments done on Airtel App, be it Airtel bills or others, is being counted under 25% category. This means that there is no way to tap into Rs 500 monthly utility bill payment benefit as of now. :rolleyes:

Refer to the screenshot below. The only payment in this month was for my electricity bill of Rs 1595 and cashback shown is Rs 300 whereas it should have been Rs 159.5.

Screenshot 2022-04-18 at 4.27.54 PM.png

Fellow community members, I would request you to keep above in mind while getting this card or wait till Axis settles these reporting issues with Airtel.

chnleo

TF Select
In person KYC is done today. Agent asked last month salary slip, original Aadhar and PAN. Only got a thanks for applying Airtel Axis Bank Mastercard credit card .... so far. CC tracker is not yet updated. Any idea how much time bank will take to approve or reject?

Flipkart card was approved within a day without any hassle. No Physical KYC', no documents.. nothing was asked.
If approved then it will take atleast 25 days to get the physical card. If reject then a week i suppose.

Is this bug present currently and what will happened to extra cash back if they fix the bug
It seems to be a bug. Once the extra cashback gets credit, hopefully they will not do anything. It will be yours, unless you report it to them or if it comes to their notice by any means.
The reason I have for this is, sometimes using my FK card on Swiggy, if any refunds take place, then that refund gets calculated under some other category due to which they sometimes do not deduct the cashback given for it's debit counterpart which makes me get extra cashback for an order which is refunded/cancelled entirely.
So everything depends upon whether they notice your transactions or not.

Nilanchal

TF Premier
It takes 3-4 days for settlement.

If that's your 1st month then you'll get cashback at the ending of 2nd month. 2 days before the bill generation of 2nd month.
I had seen some videos wherein they mention practical issue/bugs with airtel thanks app like no option for paying bills via CC, electricity bills gets reverted in 2-3 days.
Could anyone holding the airtel CC confirm please that is it still happening and what all issues are there with the app? although a bug but we lose out heavy CB from our pockets.

Also they have updated My wife's number for all my Credit cards replacing my old number. How to change the mobile number again? Can someone please help?
Axis bank links relationships to PAN card and updates the phone no of all relationships to the last available no. Did you use your own PAN and your wife's mobile no?

P B R G

TF Ace
Axis bank links relationships to PAN card and updates the phone no of all relationships to the last available no. Did you use your own PAN and your wife's mobile no?
Airtel card was not offered on my number so applied from my wife's number. If it can be easily changed then no issues at all. I just want the card, once the card is activated will change the number.

RajBlr

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Airtel card was not offered on my number so applied from my wife's number. If it can be easily changed then no issues at all. I just want the card, once the card is activated will change the number.
Yup, do not worry, I went like this only.

Applied on a alternate number as Primary number offer unavailable nor airtel/AXIS was able to fix it, then once card approved and enabled did a few TXN, changed the mobile number from he APP.

It was seamless on this aspect with AXIS.

RajBlr

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
C

Can you please confirm me that,
1) Can we change the mobile number associated with the CC via online mode?
2) Can we opt for otp via mail?
And the process to do the above 2 points.
Yes you can do it through the App, for change in mobile number and email address etc.

OTP by default comes to both. Registered mobile + email.

Nilanchal

TF Premier
Yes you can do it through the App, for change in mobile number and email address etc.

OTP by default comes to both. Registered mobile + email.
I had seen some videos wherein they mention practical issue/bugs with airtel thanks app like no option for paying bills via CC, electricity bills gets reverted in 2-3 days.
Could you confirm that does these bugs still exists or there are repeatedly improvement in the app? Have you faced any such bug/issue ?

RajBlr

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Could you confirm that does these bugs still exists or there are repeatedly improvement in the app? Have you faced any such bug/issue ?
Yes...It is much improved for sure. I normally select the coupon AXIS Airtel card, so that 25% is applied, though others claimed not needed. Why to take any risk :cool:

I have paid last month(Feb) two utilities with no issues. One my EB and another Gas Cylinder or so.

I got max 600 which showed in the statement(earned), may be this month statement it will be offset per what I learned from others on the forum. How the CB is credited or adjusted etc.

Nilanchal

TF Premier
Yes...It is much improved for sure. I normally select the coupon AXIS Airtel card, so that 25% is applied, though others claimed not needed. Why to take any risk :cool:

I have paid last month(Feb) two utilities with no issues. One my EB and another Gas Cylinder or so.

I got max 600 which showed in the statement(earned), may be this month statement it will be offset per what I learned from others on the forum. How the CB is credited or adjusted etc.
So, we should apply the 25% coupon (to be on safer side), while doing recharge n all ?
And no coupons needed for utility bill right?

yolofino

TF Premier
On the previous and latest version of the Airtel app, I am unable to book Indane gas cylinder. Either it doesn't show any payment option at all, just the UPI logo or if it shows the credit card option, it says 25% cashback but after entering the CVV no., the page doesn't move ahead.

Finally booked the gas cylinder through Amazon-BoB card offer after waiting for about 10+ days (Rs. 50 instant discount + 2.5% cashback on BoB Snapdeal credit card)

RajBlr

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
On the previous and latest version of the Airtel app, I am unable to book Indane gas cylinder. Either it doesn't show any payment option at all, just the UPI logo or if it shows the credit card option, it says 25% cashback but after entering the CVV no., the page doesn't move ahead.

Finally booked the gas cylinder through Amazon-BoB card offer after waiting for about 10+ days (Rs. 50 instant discount + 2.5% cashback on BoB Snapdeal credit card)
That's weird, I was able to book and pay with no issues in Feb. (1st one is the Gas cylinder booking)

1680183871856.png