• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis Airtel and pre approved cards

Blackfyre

TF Buzz
Hey guys! I had been trying to get an Airtel axis card for a long time but I kept getting rejected right away but finally I tried with my friend's number and I was actually able to move past the initial stage and now it's in the eligibility check stage, however been it's been at that stage for 21 days now. I did read through other threads here and found people getting approved after like 30 days so I guess I'll wait a little longer.

My question now is, I have a bunch of pre approved offers on the axis app, one among them is axis ace, which I actually want to take.

Now as the Airtel card is still on verification stage, can I take the ace pre approved offer? Will taking it hinder the chances of approval of the Airtel card, as I'm getting back to back credit cards from axis? Or should I just wait until the Airtel card is approved/rejected and then get the ace?

Also can I do anything to speed up the Airtel card's process? I tried raising a service request but that doesn't seem to be doing anything at all. Can I actually expect them to approve because it's been so long?

Apologies for the long post.

Last edited:

Blackfyre

TF Buzz
What are the chances of my father getting this card ? I cannot apply this card bcoz I already have 3 axis bank cards… he is 60+
The eligible age for the card is 18-70, if your dad as a good credit score you can try. Would be better if he has an Airtel sim as well, other networks don't always work while applying for this card.

You can never really know what the odds are while applying for this card, I tried twice from two of my numbers and got rejected immediately, but when I applied from my friend's number, I got it.

Akash.nagori

TF Buzz
The eligible age for the card is 18-70, if your dad as a good credit score you can try. Would be better if he has an Airtel sim as well, other networks don't always work while applying for this card.

You can never really know what the odds are while applying for this card, I tried twice from two of my numbers and got rejected immediately, but when I applied from my friend's number, I got it.
Income proof is mandatory ? My dad doesn’t have any but in past he had few loans on his name but all are cleared now without any default

Ak Singh

TF Premier
Oh no it's not mandatory, they very rarely might ask. But more often than not they never ask any income documents.
they asked income proof for airtel axis.
3 months ago I applied from airtel app and after two days of applying got a call from axis and they asked for salary slip or itr. I said that I don't have any income documents but I can provide my other cc statements.
they said no, and they told we have to cancel your application.
and after few days it rejected.

Blackfyre

TF Buzz
they asked income proof for airtel axis.
3 months ago I applied from airtel app and after two days of applying got a call from axis and they asked for salary slip or itr. I said that I don't have any income documents but I can provide my other cc statements.
they said no, and they told we have to cancel your application.
and after few days it rejected.
Oh I guess, yours is one of the rare case ones. I have 2 co branded axis cards, though it took forever to get the cards I was never asked any income documents.

Eitherway might as well try, if they ask income documents then tough luck i suppose.