• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis Airtel and pre approved cards

Blackfyre

TF Buzz
Hey guys! I had been trying to get an Airtel axis card for a long time but I kept getting rejected right away but finally I tried with my friend's number and I was actually able to move past the initial stage and now it's in the eligibility check stage, however been it's been at that stage for 21 days now. I did read through other threads here and found people getting approved after like 30 days so I guess I'll wait a little longer.

My question now is, I have a bunch of pre approved offers on the axis app, one among them is axis ace, which I actually want to take.

Now as the Airtel card is still on verification stage, can I take the ace pre approved offer? Will taking it hinder the chances of approval of the Airtel card, as I'm getting back to back credit cards from axis? Or should I just wait until the Airtel card is approved/rejected and then get the ace?

Also can I do anything to speed up the Airtel card's process? I tried raising a service request but that doesn't seem to be doing anything at all. Can I actually expect them to approve because it's been so long?

Apologies for the long post.

Last edited:

Blackfyre

TF Buzz
24 DAYS past already

its is best for you to mail and DM in X TO know your card status
I read in another post that it took someone over 30 days to get approved, that's why I'm being patient, also I did ask them and raise a service request around 5 working days ago, still nothing. Its still in the eligibility check stage as per the application tracker.

Blackfyre

TF Buzz
keep updating here
I literally just received another verification call, this time it was definitely authentic. I even checked with Truecaller. I did ask them about the delay but they couldn't provide any info as they were with the verification department. Eitherway, I'm hoping it will be approved soon as I'm starting to receive verification calls.

Shubham Yadav

TF Legend
I literally just received another verification call, this time it was definitely authentic. I even checked with Truecaller. I did ask them about the delay but they couldn't provide any info as they were with the verification department. Eitherway, I'm hoping it will be approved soon as I'm starting to receive verification calls.
may be next week there is chance of approval.

March rush is already going on

Lets hope for the best

praful47

TF Premier
Hey guys! I had been trying to get an Airtel axis card for a long time but I kept getting rejected right away but finally I tried with my friend's number and I was actually able to move past the initial stage and now it's in the eligibility check stage, however been it's been at that stage for 21 days now. I did read through other threads here and found people getting approved after like 30 days so I guess I'll wait a little longer.

My question now is, I have a bunch of pre approved offers on the axis app, one among them is axis ace, which I actually want to take.

Now as the Airtel card is still on verification stage, can I take the ace pre approved offer? Will taking it hinder the chances of approval of the Airtel card, as I'm getting back to back credit cards from axis? Or should I just wait until the Airtel card is approved/rejected and then get the ace?

Also can I do anything to speed up the Airtel card's process? I tried raising a service request but that doesn't seem to be doing anything at all. Can I actually expect them to approve because it's been so long?

Apologies for the long post.
If you take ace card ... Then your Airtel card will get rejected stating " Recently issued new card ".
Better to wait ...

great

TF Premier
My experience
I applied axis privilege last month
I had applied through cashkaro
Agent called me after a weeks time for kyv. I had already another axis card before. Still asked for kyc.
Agent came and did kyc and he login new application. Cashkaro apllicstion rejected due to internal policies.
After a week Agent application was on hold for reason not know. Agent said he will check.
Meanwhile I applied privilege from my app which was showing pre approved. Instant approved and card dispatch.
After two days Agent application also approved and card dispatch.
One rejection and two privilege cards in a weeks time.

Blackfyre

TF Buzz
My experience
I applied axis privilege last month
I had applied through cashkaro
Agent called me after a weeks time for kyv. I had already another axis card before. Still asked for kyc.
Agent came and did kyc and he login new application. Cashkaro apllicstion rejected due to internal policies.
After a week Agent application was on hold for reason not know. Agent said he will check.
Meanwhile I applied privilege from my app which was showing pre approved. Instant approved and card dispatch.
After two days Agent application also approved and card dispatch.
One rejection and two privilege cards in a weeks time.
Wow axis really does have the dumbest system out there. I assume you’re gonna close one of the cards, though.

Blackfyre

TF Buzz
UPDATE!

My Airtel card has been approved. Yesterday I received messages about mobile number updation from my number to my friend’s number so I was quite certain it was approved but wanted to wait, because it’s still Axis bank, anything can happen. And today the card started reflecting in my app, weirdly still haven’t received the approval message though.

Thanks to everyone who pitched in and helped, especially @DocFixIt

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
UPDATE!

My Airtel card has been approved. Yesterday I received messages about mobile number updation from my number to my friend’s number so I was quite certain it was approved but wanted to wait, because it’s still Axis bank, anything can happen. And today the card started reflecting in my app, weirdly still haven’t received the approval message though.

Thanks to everyone who pitched in and helped, especially @DocFixIt
Call & get other cc u want via customer care..
With same limit u will get it ..

Blackfyre

TF Buzz
I just got the card reflecting in my app, will applying now affect anything with the Airtel card, or should I wait until it’s dispatched? I’m just being paranoid but I just don’t trust axis at all, thats why so many doubts!

Blackfyre

TF Buzz
Nothing will happen Airtel card hereafter. You can try new applications
I just called mobile banking and tried your method, and it worked perfectly. Thanks a lot. It's instantly reflecting in my app.

I actually ended up going for privilege card, just for the welcome benefit. I'm thinking of closing it or my flipkart card in 3 months and then wait for another set of pre approved cards and take Ace.

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
I just called mobile banking and tried your method, and it worked perfectly. Thanks a lot. It's instantly reflecting in my app.

I actually ended up going for privilege card, just for the welcome benefit. I'm thinking of closing it or my flipkart card in 3 months and then wait for another set of pre approved cards and take Ace.
N o i c e

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
I do have one last doubt, for now at least 😅. Should I go ahead and update the mobile back to my own number? But would it cause any issue as It was just updated to my friend’s number. Or should I just wait until both the new cards are delivered and update it after they’re activated.
Update it using net banking..
But sometimes u will receive calls on your first registered mobile no

For loan processing .
Pre approved offer

I would say better chnge number & open saving account with same number ..

Then u can get rid of that problem

Blackfyre

TF Buzz
Update it using net banking..
But sometimes u will receive calls on your first registered mobile no

For loan processing .
Pre approved offer

I would say better chnge number & open saving account with same number ..

Then u can get rid of that problem
Actually I already have a savings account with axis. I have an option to update it in the mobile app, the savings account still has my number in, only the credit card account has changed to my friends number.

I can change it right away, I’m asking if I should just wait until I’ve activated it or just change it to my number now itself?