• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis Airtel and pre approved cards

Blackfyre

TF Buzz
Hey guys! I had been trying to get an Airtel axis card for a long time but I kept getting rejected right away but finally I tried with my friend's number and I was actually able to move past the initial stage and now it's in the eligibility check stage, however been it's been at that stage for 21 days now. I did read through other threads here and found people getting approved after like 30 days so I guess I'll wait a little longer.

My question now is, I have a bunch of pre approved offers on the axis app, one among them is axis ace, which I actually want to take.

Now as the Airtel card is still on verification stage, can I take the ace pre approved offer? Will taking it hinder the chances of approval of the Airtel card, as I'm getting back to back credit cards from axis? Or should I just wait until the Airtel card is approved/rejected and then get the ace?

Also can I do anything to speed up the Airtel card's process? I tried raising a service request but that doesn't seem to be doing anything at all. Can I actually expect them to approve because it's been so long?

Apologies for the long post.

Last edited:

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Actually I already have a savings account with axis. I have an option to update it in the mobile app, the savings account still has my number in, only the credit card account has changed to my friends number.

I can change it right away, I’m asking if I should just wait until I’ve activated it or just change it to my number now itself?
Do it after u activate it .. to avoid error in activation.

Till then use via net banking

Grogu

TF Premier
I literally just received another verification call, this time it was definitely authentic. I even checked with Truecaller. I did ask them about the delay but they couldn't provide any info as they were with the verification department. Eitherway, I'm hoping it will be approved soon as I'm starting to receive verification calls.
As you're an acc holder, any KYC or document verification done by Axis?

Blackfyre

TF Buzz
As you're an acc holder, any KYC or document verification done by Axis?
For the Airtel card yes, at the time of applying, digital kyc failed as usual and they sent a person the next day for physical kyc verification. There wasn’t any document verification though, just kyc. I think axis does this anytime you apply for a new card which isn’t pre approved, even if you’re an account holder (I may be wrong though).

However, for the pre approved card there wasn’t any verification.

Last edited:

CyberPsych

TF Ace
Now i have 3 cards from axis, Is there any chance that I still get 4th card pre approved offer after 90 days ?
I am still confused on this. The agent I met said you can have 4 cards from Axis, buy my friend got rejected for 4th card saying you already hold 3 Axis cards (both happenes in same months). I don't know which one is true..

Xposed

TF Premier
I literally just received another verification call, this time it was definitely authentic. I even checked with Truecaller. I did ask them about the delay but they couldn't provide any info as they were with the verification department. Eitherway, I'm hoping it will be approved soon as I'm starting to receive verification calls.
What did they ask?

Blackfyre

TF Buzz
In my case, it has been close to 9 months and no pre-approved offers are visible.
After my Airtel card was approved, the pre approved offers vanished, however upon calling the mobile banking team, the same pre approved cards were available (and this was like a few hrs after getting approved for airtel), you should maybe try your luck the same way.

akshayhs

TF Ace
After my Airtel card was approved, the pre approved offers vanished, however upon calling the mobile banking team, the same pre approved cards were available (and this was like a few hrs after getting approved for airtel), you should maybe try your luck the same way.
Thanks. I already have the cards I wanted from Axis. No point for me personally to apply for a 3rd card