• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis ace vs Axis Flipkart for offline spends purely

saucy

TF Ace
Does it make sense to get axis ace for offline spends if it's purely going to be used for offline spends?
I don't have much of utilities to pay - but i see most of the members here have an Ace.
Is there anything I'm missing?

sheru

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Does it make sense to get axis ace for offline spends if it's purely going to be used for offline spends?
I don't have much of utilities to pay - but i see most of the members here have an Ace.
Is there anything I'm missing?

Axis Ace.

Hands down the best card for offline spends.
You don't need any excel sheet, image to refer when you're in a hurry at a pos machine.
Also even if you get low credit limit, you can pay in advance and keep using the card.

It's the only card which has never left my wallet since i got it.
You can understand by that how much i use it/useful it is.

I said it clearly if your Flipkart Axis credit card is Lifetime Free (LTF) than it is better than Axis Ace for offline spends.... Axis Ace has Rs 590 renewal fees and only gives 0.5% extra statement credit cashback compared to Flipkart Axis card.... Considering only offline spends here, you have to take into account Rs 590/0.5*100 = Rs 118000 as extra spends in order to overcome Axis Ace renewal fees for mere extra 0.5% cashback than Flipkart Axis LTF card and for this spend, you will lose 1.5% cashback which you could have got from Flipkart Axis card.
A high spender can easily waive off annual fee

FK LTF > Ace for Offline spends only.

Because to get extra 0.5% reward rate one has to spend 1,18,000 extra to cover that fee.

So, if one has the requirement below then choose FK (only when compared to Ace, actually better than FK so many cards available - so FK itself not at all recommended any more)

- FK is LTF
- Major online spends in FK and Myn
- Bills (Electricity) less than 3000 (Note: Here, user must have other cards to get those 5% limited discount etc.)
- Most of the spends in offline
- not able to spend 2L

Assume:

In a month,

FK - 2000
Myn - 2000
Offline - 2000
Bills - 2000
Online - 2000

FK:
Total: 10000= 1,20,000 = 100+100+30+30+30 = 290 = 2.4%

Ace:
Total: 40+40+40+100+40 = 260 = 2.1% (-590 annual fee)

Its all about finding use case scenario, if one says high utility bills then Ace, high shopping bills then FK.
If a customer cannot spend 2 L in a year, he can cancel the card and take HDFC freedom card 😌

Because to get extra 0.5% reward rate one has to spend 1,18,000 extra to cover that fee.

So, if one has the requirement below then choose FK (only when compared to Ace, actually better than FK so many cards available - so FK itself not at all recommended any more)

- FK is LTF
- Bills (Electricity) less than 3000 (Note: Here, user must have other cards to get those 5% limited discount etc.)
- not able to spend 2L

Assume:

In a month,

FK - 2000
Myn - 2000
Offline - 2000
Bills - 2000
Online - 2000

FK:

Ace:

Its all about finding use case scenario, if one says high utility bills then Ace, high shopping bills then FK. There is no sureway to recommend Ace to a FK person.
No matter who who are, you will pay bills. It's a no brainer you'll get more from axis ace 5% with 2% compared to axis flipkart card where the only way you'll gain any thing is if you spend on flipkart. You'll easily meet the annual goal and waiver off on axis.

- FK is LTF
- not able to spend 2L

Assume:

In a month,

FK - 2000
Myn - 2000
Offline - 2000
Bills - 2000
Online - 2000

FK:

Ace:

Its all about finding use case scenario, if one says high utility bills then Ace, high shopping bills then FK. There is no sureway to recommend Ace to a FK person.
Kindly calculate cashback for my transaction according to FK and inform me

Screenshot_2023-04-19-12-35-00-24_f90b96e7af3c5a594eb0c92de7fc5fe1.jpg

sheru

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I said it clearly if your Flipkart Axis credit card is Lifetime Free (LTF) than it is better than Axis Ace for offline spends.... Axis Ace has Rs 590 renewal fees and only gives 0.5% extra statement credit cashback compared to Flipkart Axis card.... Considering only offline spends here, you have to take into account Rs 590/0.5*100 = Rs 118000 as extra spends in order to overcome Axis Ace renewal fees for mere extra 0.5% cashback than Flipkart Axis LTF card and for this spend, you will lose 1.5% cashback which you could have got from Flipkart Axis card.

But all this is true if you have fk ltf. Which half of people anyway don't have.

I think it would be easy to you since you already have excel, as per your request I tried with below assumptions:

I assume user took the FK card because of FK spends requirement (and other points as discussed in earlier post)

- replaced 'OLA' with 'Uber' because FK gives 4% on it (that person has to take full benefit of FK card, right? and adjusted S.No 5 to 4%)
- replaced 'Amzn' with 'FK'
- remaining all spends replaced '2%' with '1.5%'

FK card can give ~ 1439 cashback (with rounding down because unlike Ace, FK won't round-up) = 3.2%.

-------------
Another point, if these are your spends then you would be beneficial with Bob Etrna, or HDFC Millennia because both gives you ~6% return (here you don't have to change websites, can use same Ola and Amzn). There is one more card but can't confirm until I receive statement this month.

1681924087037.png

Note: Always take the card as per your requirement. Again FK no longer recommended card to anyone even FK users (Since this entire discussion is about Ace vs FK, so I suggested pick a card based on requirement, but actually if go for other companies might get better cards).
You can't replace OLA transaction with Uber as both are different categories. Anyway I found Ace card is more better than FK

You may know well that you can't replace Amazon with Flipkart as Flipkart is shopping site. Amazon is all rounder.

And praising FK card is absolutely -------- 😆

I have both card and I found Ace is much better. So I don't use FK anywhere unnecessary as I don't want to waste cashback
I think it would be easy to you since you already have excel, I tried with below assumptions:

I assume user took the FK card because of FK spends requirement (and other points as discussed in earlier post)

- replaced 'OLA' with 'Uber' because FK gives 4% on it (that person has to take full benefit of FK card, right? and adjusted S.No 5 to 4%)
- replaced 'Amzn' with 'FK'
- remaining all spends replaced '2%' with '1.5%'

FK card can give ~ 1439 cashback (with rounding down because unlike Ace, FK won't round-up) = 3.2%.

-------------
Another point, if these are your spends then you would be beneficial with Bob Etrna, or HDFC Millennia because both gives you ~6% return (here you don't have to change websites, can use same Ola and Amzn). There is one more card but can't confirm until I receive statement this month.

1681924087037.png

Note: Always take the card as per your requirement. Again FK no longer recommended card to anyone even FK users (Since this entire discussion is about Ace vs FK, so I suggested pick a card based on requirement, but actually if go for other companies might get better cards).

Credit Karma

TF Premier
There's simply no competition, flipkart Axis is terrible value. Why are people still going for that? Stop. Flipkart itself a bad marketplace since WS retailer departed and joined amazon as Appolo retail

Cashback-Comparison-v3.png

based on this table,
Is SC smart that good? I read somewhere on this forum that you get cashback but in the forms of reward points and you can never spend these RP's ever. Is this true?

prc1990

TF Ace

- FK is LTF
- not able to spend 2L

Assume:

In a month,

FK - 2000
Myn - 2000
Offline - 2000
Bills - 2000
Online - 2000

FK:

Ace:

Axis Flipkart doesn't provide cashback anymore on Utility Bill Payments 🌝.