• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

AU LIT card rejection reason

Manu624

TF Buzz
I do hold multiple cards. When I applied online I gave correct information. Also I gave no income proof.... after seeing my application. They gave me limit of 1,20,000 after entering all details and then got rejected next day.

After multiple emails and tagging rbi rules . I got the rejection reason. As far I know I have entered all the details correctly.

Can any expert put light on my application and explain the reasons for rejection

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-07-30-18-38-44-825_com.google.android.gm.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-07-30-18-38-44-825_com.google.android.gm.jpg
    352 KB · Views: 232

Manu624

TF Buzz
Maybe data reported to your Cibil is not accurate.

Even I noticed inaccuracies in my report after careful examination. One bank reported state wrongly as Tripura instead of West Bengal.
My address and income details is wrong. How do I fix it.

Also can I go to bank and apply for the card physical.

misteramit

TF Select
I do hold multiple cards. When I applied online I gave correct information. Also I gave no income proof.... after seeing my application. They gave me limit of 1,20,000 after entering all details and then got rejected next day.

After multiple emails and tagging rbi rules . I got the rejection reason. As far I know I have entered all the details correctly.

Can any expert put light on my application and explain the reasons for rejection
This is generic response they send to everyone who they reject cc application, try tagging them official RBI guidelines link and ask them specific reason so u can work to improve them

anonymuos

TF Ace
AU Bank called me on 30th Oct saying I was prequalified for Lit LTF card and whether I had checked my AU app for offer. I said no. The AU Bank employee said he will guide me and said he will give me his employee code due to which it will be approved in 2-3 days. Since he said it was pre-approved, I agreed.

It was rejected next day after completing application. I have CIBIL score of 766, 100% on time payments and have ICICI, BOB, SBI, RBL, OneCard cards with 1 lakh+ limits on 3 of them and others too with good limits. They didn't even bother to inform WHY it was rejected. As we all know per RBI, starting July 2022, card issuer must disclose SPECIFIC reason why application is rejected but they blatantly ignore this rule. They kept saying "not eligible as per bank criteria" (which was the reason they sent in BOLD from the above copy-paste reply they sent to all rejected applicants). Why then did THEY call ME if wasn't in their criteria and do a hard CIBIL enquiry?

Then even worse thing is just few days later on 7th Nov, another AU bank person called again to tell me to apply for their CC. When I got furious and told him previous cheating, he said he will find out the reason and after transferring the call twice to his seniors, they lied and told some fake story that it was approved but ultimately rejected because the security guard couldn't verify my office address or some bullshit fake reason (I verified with security guard, he said no such person came to visit him or contacted him asking about me).

These are violating credit card rules in all this. I plan to lodge a complaint against them to RBI ombudsman after 30 days are complete of original complaint with AU Bank. RBI also needs to tighten up the credit card rules further and enforce them. If a bank calls a customer and says PRE-approved or PRE-qualified, then at least rejection reason MUST be disclosed instead of vague statement like "internal policy" or "eligibility criteria" especially if when they do CIBIL enquiry and reject silently. I will not apply for their card 6 months later as they are shit, liars and shameless for calling for 2nd time.

cardgeek

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
AU Bank called me on 30th Oct saying I was prequalified for Lit LTF card and whether I had checked my AU app for offer. I said no. The AU Bank employee said he will guide me and said he will give me his employee code due to which it will be approved in 2-3 days. Since he said it was pre-approved, I agreed.

It was rejected next day after completing application. I have CIBIL score of 766, 100% on time payments and have ICICI, BOB, SBI, RBL, OneCard cards with 1 lakh+ limits on 3 of them and others too with good limits. They didn't even bother to inform WHY it was rejected. As we all know per RBI, starting July 2022, card issuer must disclose SPECIFIC reason why application is rejected but they blatantly ignore this rule. They kept saying "not eligible as per bank criteria" (which was the reason they sent in BOLD from the above copy-paste reply they sent to all rejected applicants). Why then did THEY call ME if wasn't in their criteria and do a hard CIBIL enquiry?

Then even worse thing is just few days later on 7th Nov, another AU bank person called again to tell me to apply for their CC. When I got furious and told him previous cheating, he said he will find out the reason and after transferring the call twice to his seniors, they lied and told some fake story that it was approved but ultimately rejected because the security guard couldn't verify my office address or some bullshit fake reason (I verified with security guard, he said no such person came to visit him or contacted him asking about me).

These are violating credit card rules in all this. I plan to lodge a complaint against them to RBI ombudsman after 30 days are complete of original complaint with AU Bank. RBI also needs to tighten up the credit card rules further and enforce them. If a bank calls a customer and says PRE-approved or PRE-qualified, then at least rejection reason MUST be disclosed instead of vague statement like "internal policy" or "eligibility criteria" especially if when they do CIBIL enquiry and reject silently. I will not apply for their card 6 months later as they are shit, liars and shameless for calling for 2nd time.
Pre-Approved means pre-approved, they can't invade our cibil by saying pre-approved and later declining it. When it is pre-approved why all the verification checks again? If there is no offer then we may let it go. Thats it.

anonymuos

TF Ace
Pre-Approved means pre-approved, they can't invade our cibil by saying pre-approved and later declining it. When it is pre-approved why all the verification checks again? If there is no offer then we may let it go. Thats it.
But that's only in theory for many banks who routinely violate RBI rules. Kotak Mahindra did the same to me. An employee called me saying League Platinum was pre-approved, it was even showing in the Kotak app and I was getting spammed via WhatsApp daily about it and then when I applied it was rejected in June, no reason given, just before new credit card rule came into effect that specific reason of rejection must be disclosed. But many banks ignore that too. There's even a Desidime thread about Kotak doing the same to others: showing as pre-approved, doing CIBIL hard enquiry and then rejecting without giving any reason.

anonymuos

TF Ace
There is difference between pre approved and pre qualified @anonymuos
And do all banks use both terms or either of the terms? As I understand, pre approved means no income docs, no CIBIL check, just fill in details, accept T&C and card is shipped. Pre qualified means they will check CIBIL and may ask income docs? But then how does pre qualified differ from applying on our own based on CIBIL or ITR?

Indian

TF Premier
VIP Lounge

What they going to loss sharing reason with us , we can make up flaw and reply with suitable reason , CREDIT UNDERWRITING Is lottery method and no system for process their application hence if monthly quota they reached rejecting application directly while not achieved their monthly quota they approve application with flaw.

Same story for me. The same mail came after continuous call from them. When I agreed did everything online it was rejected. I have 9-10 credit cards till now highest limit of 11.5lak and lowest is 3.5lak Cibil 791.

Sahilhenzy

TF Ace

RBI they deny to help! I tried RBI makes rules later refuse to help.

Attachments

• IMG_20221209_184710_024.jpg
    IMG_20221209_184710_024.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 31

deep@vie

TF Legend

AU & IDFC have strangest algo

anonymuos

TF Ace
RBI they deny to help! I tried RBI makes rules later refuse to help.
Yeah as far as AU Bank is concerned, I gave up on the plan to complain to RBI even though in November after they rejected, 4 times in total they called saying I was pre qualified, I should apply. I just blocked all the numbers. I have enough credit cards - SBI, ICICI, HDFC, BOB, PNB, OneCard, RBL - 5 of them with above 1L limit. And soon Yes Bank, Indus, Kotak and Axis. AU DC offers are enough at the moment.

Dr. Drake

TF Ace

The same thing happened to me. On the app, lit was pre-approved. After two weeks of continuos calls from the agent, I finally applied the card because it was pre-approved/LTF. The following day, it was rejected due to eligibility criteria.

anonymuos

TF Ace
The same thing happened to me. On the app, lit was pre-approved. After two weeks of continuos calls from the agent, I finally applied the card because it was pre-approved/LTF. The following day, it was rejected due to eligibility criteria.
I just feel that they shouldn't be shameless enough to call us 4-5 times after rejection if we don't already fit their eligibility criteria. Ek to upar se woh call karte hain (it's not like WE APPLY ON OUR OWN for this AU card), they do CIBIL enquiry and then they don't even reveal what is their eligibility criteria/specific reason of rejection which RBI has said banks should tell since July 2022 guidelines).

Last edited: