• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Atlas: hotel spend but 2x points not credited

d3rvish

TF Select
A recent spend at the Sofitel BKC in Mumbai shows up on my statement correctly as "Sofitel". I've only received 2 Edge Miles per Rs 100 for this spend, instead of the accelerated 5 Edge Miles per 100 for hotels. I've looked up the Sofitel MCC and it's 3641, which seems to be in the list of the MCCs that earn 2x points on Atlas. Have written to Axis.

Anyone else had issues like this? What did you do to sort it out?

drsel

TF Legend
Problem is that the hotel may have different POS swipe machines which could have restaurant category also..
You need to phone Axis customer care to find out the MCC of your particular transaction.

Next time to be safe do a Rs 5 slash and then phone the customer care to confirm if the MCC is hotels or not and then make the full payment.
Alternately you can disable domestic and international transactions and then swipe any amount.
it will fail and then phone customer care to find out the MCC code of the failed transaction

Also safer to use Traveledge to guarantee 10% return.

Sharjeelshaikh

TF Premier
A recent spend at the Sofitel BKC in Mumbai shows up on my statement correctly as "Sofitel". I've only received 2 Edge Miles per Rs 100 for this spend, instead of the accelerated 5 Edge Miles per 100 for hotels. I've looked up the Sofitel MCC and it's 3641, which seems to be in the list of the MCCs that earn 2x points on Atlas. Have written to Axis.

Anyone else had issues like this? What did you do to sort it out?
If u used it at restaurant in Sofitel toh restaurant ka mcc lega .it's for stay