• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Apay can be closed if one already has SBI cb and HDFC Milennia?

pjain2712

TF Premier
Hello guys, I am planning to close ICICI Apay credit card as I already have SBI cashback card and HDFC Milennia (fine with respective card cb limit) and another ICICI card (for bank discount).
Is there any reason to keep the Apay card i.e. does it provide any extra value add which other card doesn't? I know it is LTF but I am trying to reduce number of cards as I rarely use Apay. I am fine with slight change in CIBIL as Apay card is not the oldest card I have.
And just wondering in worst case, if required in future (when/if SBI cb or Milennia devalues) would it be difficult to get the Apay card again?

Please help with your suggestions.

pjain2712

TF Premier
My suggestion don't close APAY 5% and 2% unlimited cashback is still the best
Reapplying might not be easy
Thanks for your suggestion, but 5% is conditional with prime membership where other cards SBI cb/HDFC Milennia does not have any condition and 2% one don't use often as we can get Apay gift card at better discount and same can be used to pay utility bills.

4uziaul

TF Pioneer
Contributor
Thanks for your suggestion, but 5% is conditional with prime membership and 2% one don't use often as we can get Apay gift card at better discount and same can be used to pay utility bills.
Currently, you are receiving a discount of more than 2%. However, what will you do if you no longer receive that discount? 🤣

plastikman

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Thanks for your suggestion, but 5% is conditional with prime membership where other cards SBI cb/HDFC Milennia does not have any condition and 2% one don't use often as we can get Apay gift card at better discount and same can be used to pay utility bills.
SBI / HDFC can be devalued any moment. But Apay has been steady for many years and no devaluation is expected soon.

pjain2712

TF Premier
You still don't seem to understand. 🤣 Anyway, other people have expressed their concerns about why you should not cancel your APay card.
You seem to judge too quickly 😂 what made you think I don't understand? I didn't not mention that I don't agree anywhere here. You asked for Amazon gv discount so I had commented on that.

pjain2712

TF Premier
Once again, you have misunderstood, and I am not judging you. 🤣
Again you judged that I misunderstood 😂 Anyways I have got all the required suggestions from other members on this and will think about it. And I didn't made up my mind, if I had, I would have directly requested for closure, didn't have created a thread here to discuss.