• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Anyone got their Citi Priority account converted to Axis Burgundy?

Quantum

TF Premier
Hello folks,

Two parts of this question:
1) After the acquisition of Citibank's consumer business by Axis this year in March time-frame, did anyone get their Citi Priority account "converted" to Axis Burgundy?
By conversion what I mean is that post moving the account, your Citi priority account doesn't exist anymore, and now it's only the Axis Burgundy account for you.
If yes, then did Citi folks/RMs reach out to you for the conversion, or you yourself asked for it?
Did they provide you any CC as well?

2) Also, what would be the future outcome for existing Citi Priority account customers by next year first half?
Will they continue to remain (and labelled) as Citi Priority customers forever or equivalent of Axis account and cards would be provided to them?
Any official link/document that talks about the specifics of it?

Thanks!

Priya Karam

TF Buzz
Banker
In this discussion, I inquired about obtaining a Lifetime Free Magnus Burgundy card through a new Burgundy account. You suggested that I share my contact number via DM, which I promptly did. However, your subsequent response directed me to your existing posts outlining terms and conditions already familiar to everyone. This implies that further assistance is unavailable. Therefore, rather than reiterating the same request, I understand from our exchange that your capacity to help with my LTF Magnus Burgundy query is limited. The transparency of this conversation is evident to everyone except, perhaps, yourself.
I answered your query in a detailed manner with a logic saying you won't be able to apply for LTF magnus now. If you think your query is still not solved, you can reach out to someone who can explain you things better and precisely. Do let me know if you are getting a LTF magnus or not.

imdjay

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
you won't be able to apply for LTF magnus now.
I said the same thing in my post -
she had already posted the msgs here and further can't help.
Are there still any aspects of my comments that seem unclear to you? There's no need to go out of your way to disprove others. We all bring our unique experiences to the table, and we're not newcomers to the world of banking. Just because it may be challenging for you doesn't mean it's an impossible task.

Priya Karam

TF Buzz
Banker
I said the same thing in my post -

Are there still any aspects of my comments that seem unclear to you? There's no need to go out of your way to disprove others. We all bring our unique experiences to the table, and we're not newcomers to the world of banking. Just because it may be challenging for you doesn't mean it's an impossible task.
I have understood what you wanted to say, but you should also be respectful while conveying the same to others. It doesn't matter what you say, but how you say it.

Quantum

TF Premier
I have understood what you wanted to say, but you should also be respectful while conveying the same to others. It doesn't matter what you say, but how you say it.

I msged my number to karamchandanipriya but she said she had already posted the msgs here and further can't help. So forget about it. lol.
@Priya Karam What did you find disrespectful in the above message of @imdjay ?

Quantum

TF Premier
kindly check the whole thread (not just this message) to understand where it went off the way from his side. I think everyone here is mature enough to understand that.
His quoted reply in my above msg, was his only message about you and the interaction.
In rest of his messages, he has been only clarifying his stance to you.
What you called "spreading wrong information" could be inferred and interpreted by anyone else too as "your inability to help in the matter of Magnus for Burgundy". And it's completely OK if you couldn't help. So many out there couldn't help too because of various other reasons.
What matters here is credibility and ethics while trying so. That was the theme of this thread when you joined it.

There is nothing disrespectful in this entire thread. Needless to say, this is a public forum and not an office alias.
Not sure if you are aware, this community has moderators. And they know what to flag, when to flag, remove, and ban.

There's no point in unnecessarily stretching something which was not meant that way nor it is interpreted that way by other members.

talkwithfino

TF Premier
His quoted reply in my above msg, was his only message about you and the interaction.
In rest of his messages, he has been only clarifying his stance to you.
What you called "spreading wrong information" could be inferred and interpreted by anyone else too as "your inability to help in the matter of Magnus for Burgundy". And it's completely OK if you couldn't help. So many out there couldn't help too because of various other reasons.
What matters here is credibility and ethics while trying so. That was the theme of this thread when you joined it.

There is nothing disrespectful in this entire thread. Needless to say, this is a public forum and not an office alias.
Not sure if you are aware, this community has moderators. And they know what to flag, when to flag, remove, and ban.

There's no point in unnecessarily stretching something which was not meant that way nor it is interpreted that way by other members.
True
And if he was really tht disrespectful; she would have pointed it out with the exact msg. Instead of that she is trying to act as if she is on a high horse by bluntly saying 'everyone here is mature enough to understand that' .
She also has the optn to report it to the Mods anyways

Last edited:

Quantum

TF Premier
True
And if he was really tht disrespectful; she would have pointed it out with the exact msg. Instead of that she is trying to act as if she is on a high horse by bluntly saying 'everyone here is mature enough to understand that' .
She also has the optn to report it to the Mods anyways

( just for context)
View attachment 35990
Correct, I so wanted to ask her to point to a specific snippet that was disrespectful, but I just didn't want it to continue any further as this discussion is futile.
We are here to learn, share, and grow, not to beat the respect out of fellow members.

imdjay

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Welcome to the Internet.
kindly check the whole thread (not just this message) to understand where it went off the way from his side. I think everyone here is mature enough to understand that.
It's good that you didn't meet me in other threads. God Bless You!

Subhankar

TF Ace
TF Family
Chief Mod
Hello @Priya Karam . I’ve went through the whole thread. I’m not seeing any disrespectful behaviour from anyone towards you. People have conveyed what they’ve experienced with Axis, in terms of service from the Bank and its representatives. The points which are mentioned by the community people, are clear and true to its sense.

It’s good to see that as being an employee of Axis Bank, you want to help out others, but please do convey the whole message here first then only go in DMs to share the personal informations such as phone number, mail address and other required things for banking needs which can’t be openly shared in public. It’ll help in keeping the clarity in public forum and will also help others to determine if it’ll be helpful for them to getting in touch with you for their specific need(s).

globetrotter

TF Buzz
Hi,

I am currently handling the Burgundy Affluent segment of Burgundy with Axis. Let me know if the above answers were helpful:

1) After the acquisition, Citi priority account or any account for that matter will not be converted to burgundy. To get the Burgundy title, you need to open a new account with us by either maintaining AQB of 10L in SA or CA or maintain a TRV of 30L. If you want to reach out to a Citi RM, I can help you get connected with them via call or via video call and clarify your doubts. You will get Burgundy Debit Card, Select Credit Card and a Multi-currency Forex card complementary after getting onboarded to Burgundy Account.

2)In Retail Banking segment, services will be same from Citi employees, but the branding will change from Citi to Axis.

In case you want to discuss more, we can do it over chat or phone.

@Priya Karam
What about Citigold and CPC ?

what is i understand is that current account have already started getting burgandy private cheque books ?
what about saving accounts in the same relationship ? any timeline ?

i did not understand you clearly on the above, you are trying to say that we will not get burgandy benefits , like burgandy one card etc for citigold and cpc accounts ? subject to your cut off nrv/trv maintainance, when converting from citi to axis?

rohant

TF Premier
Hello @Priya Karam . I’ve went through the whole thread. I’m not seeing any disrespectful behaviour from anyone towards you. People have conveyed what they’ve experienced with Axis, in terms of service from the Bank and its representatives. The points which are mentioned by the community people, are clear and true to its sense.

It’s good to see that as being an employee of Axis Bank, you want to help out others, but please do convey the whole message here first then only go in DMs to share the personal informations such as phone number, mail address and other required things for banking needs which can’t be openly shared in public. It’ll help in keeping the clarity in public forum and will also help others to determine if it’ll be helpful for them to getting in touch with you for their specific need(s).
If you go through other posts in TF, you'll see how people diss Axis employees. As compared to that, the above comments by the members look like an 'appreciation'.

insight

TF Ace
@Priya Karam
Thread is open and visible to all. Please SPECIFY and POINT to where and what part you are referring to? We'd like to better understand your perspective.

vag_petro

TF Neo
Got a call from Axis RM. I was told they will be converting my Citi Salary account into Axis Burgundy account. They tentatively expect it to be over by April/May. Anyone got such call ?

BMR

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
My citi salary account was converted to Liberty account. Also got the new cheque book. It said the new debit card and liberty account benefits will follow.