• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Amex Platinum Charge without income proof

Post number 24 has been selected as best answer.

ray8285

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Can someone help me with this? I contacted customer care, they said 45k taj voucher, could not find any solution for 100k MR points
Call / write & ask for some one to give you a call from sales in regards to the Plat charge. They will give you both the options. Else as suggested by others agree for Taj vouchers & then before making you first charge on the new card ask them to convert the Taj to MR points.

I'm told in case you are offered 115,000 Mr Points, for some reason amex credits 100,000 points then after 90 days I think credit the remaining 15,000 ! Crazy but that is how they do it.

Sanskar

TF Select
VIP Lounge
That's a thing with Amex, I did apply for Plat Charge and executive asked me to tap on 35-45L Income Bracket despite not having such ITR. Upon arguing he said just do it and you'll get approved. Minutes after KYC it got Approved. Not even CIBIL Inquiry.

So then I did applied for Plat Travel later after 3 months with Exact same Income Bracket, VOILA!! it happened again,
No Income documents, No CIBIL Inquiry, and Handsome Credit Limit of 12L, that's double compared to maximum I had in my other card.
While applying platinum charge, and did you hold already any other Amex Card?

anirban.choudhury

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Can someone help me with this? I contacted customer care, they said 45k taj voucher, could not find any solution for 100k MR points
Call customer care and tell them you are not interested for Taj vouchers as you had bad experiences with them, you are only interested for MR points as you want to convert the same to miles
They will take up your request

Reactions: SSV

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator
Call customer care and tell them you are not interested for Taj vouchers as you had bad experiences with them, you are only interested for MR points as you want to convert the same to miles
They will take up your request
oh, i didn't know this! i got a call from amex, she said i was looking for apply for a platinum metal one, so i said 70,800+ GST one.. I'm interested if MR Point will be credited a Worth of 1,15,000. she said We're offering 55k Taj Voucher for now. i Said in the future If it Change Then Call Me. i didn't knew i could Said i Had bad Experience With Taj and Need MR points only.

ray8285

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Atleast they say ‘ The premium Servicing Team of American Express’ 😂!
They say that for every card bro :ROFLMAO: .. Even when I just had the Gold charge with them they would say the same thing ! Actually come to think of it, I do not hear them say that anymore when I call, since my upgradation to the Platinum Card ! :oops:

ray8285

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
It’s the different helpline number for plat charge customers only
1800 419 1255, if this is the number your talking about then only the IVR recording is different but every time I called I've been connected to the same CC as I would have on any other amex card !

I even asked them that am I not supposed to be connected a dedicated Plat Line, the answer to which was, "we can help solve your query & send you email links to get the best out of your card".

anirban.choudhury

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Customer support is almost same
It's the platinum concierge that's different
There is a vast difference in concierge services between plat charge and GC/Plat travel

The concierge of plat charge actually does take a step forward and help negotiate and complete deals , where as concierge for others would just forward you local services providers contacts just like Just dial.

Reactions: SSV

ray8285

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Amex majorly devalued their Customer Service in India recently for whatever reason ! I used to get connected to nicer reps who would actually listen to you & try to solve your query, even if you were holding the most basic amex card ! Now even their so called Plat service line is just interested to send you email links to do a DIY on any query you may have.

Amex will burn it's reputation for having the best customer care in India if they do not fix this soon !

anirban.choudhury

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
There is a vast difference in concierge services between plat charge and GC/Plat travel

The concierge of plat charge actually does take a step forward and help negotiate and complete deals , where as concierge for others would just forward you local services providers contacts just like Just dial.
Just an example of few things that Plat concierge got me
1 ) Uday Vilas Udaipur
The normal rates for 3 nights was coming around 90k including all card discounts on TPA , they helped me that deal with 3rd night complementary at 78k and also included a half day city tour complementary from Oberoi

2) I contacted them to help me book a room for 1 night in Disney Explorers Lodge , the normal rates at their official website was 30k , they arranged it for 26k and even added a complementary birthday decor costing 5k Rs.

There are few other booking were they had helped me get better rates and without any efforts , they even managed entire booking process and kept me updated about everything.

ray8285

TF Ace
VIP Lounge

Agreed, that the Platinum concierge is different which amex advertises as a "do anything" concierge but they should also have a dedicated cust care for the plat card holders ! They are selling the card for 71K in India as a lifestyle card & doesn't even have a dedicated cust care for the card !

ashwinsid

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
If you don't want to upgrade your Platinum Travel , apply fresh directly via online or agent or referral.
Platinum Charge is the only card from Amex that you can opt C2C
Connect with any agent for that.
I contacted Amex customer care and they said I have to apply online directly and have to submit documents as required and they cannot help with C2C.

Had tagged @BestBanker too buy I guess he busy as I could not get any response but if he is free, I cant apply for Platinum charge card through him if he can help with card surrogate process and get me MR points instead of Taj vouchers.

Otherwise @anirban.choudhury if I apply through online referral, can I still give Infinia card statement as income proof?

sourpai

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Sudden rise is also due to Marriott transfer with 30% bonus and current offer of 1.15L MR point joining bonus. Probably everyone wants to get it before 15th dec timeline of MR points transfer (Of course with few exceptions)