• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Amex Plat Travel renewal fee waiver. Is it ok to accept?

neogen

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
My Amex plat travel is up for renewal. On contacting Amex, they are offering 50% fee waiver.

Do you think its ok to accept this 50% renewal fee waiver offer?

bonheur

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Sorry I dont know what NPSL mean, I only know i need to make atleast 6 transactions of over 1k in a month to get bonus points and beyond that i dont track much on rewards. I am a happy customer of Amex for over a decade for their customer service.
Great, that’s the right way to use the card.

NPSL is no preset spending limit, which is how their charge cards are set up.

navonline7

TF Premier
my plat travel is due for renewal this month. Amex offered me the following:
  • Waive off the fee by deducting 10k MRs
  • Credit 10K MRs if I pay 5900
I tried pushing them for 14K MRs credit by paying them 5900, but they didn't seem to budge. Can I still push them or shall I take the first option? I'm now wondering that I should have asked them for a complete fee waiver, without MRs deduction.

Last edited:

bonheur

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I tried pushing them for 14K MRs credit by paying them 5900, but they didn't seem to budge. Can I still push them or shall I take the first option? I'm now wondering that I should have asked them for a complete fee waiver, without MRs deduction.
Were you able to complete both annual milestones?

CVR

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Continuing on same thread. My Amex Plat Travel fees is due next month. Called them for waiver. They gave me 2 options:

1) 50% waiver
2) Full waiver if 2.5 lakh+ spent in 60 days

Wanted to check if people are getting better offer else I will take 50% waiver. Offer 2 doesn't make any sense.

CVR

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
What did you do eventually? I am not getting either of above offers. I am getting 50% waiver (no conditions) or full waiver for 2.5 lakh spend in 60 days.

CVR

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Continuing on same thread. My Amex Plat Travel fees is due next month. Called them for waiver. They gave me 2 options:

1) 50% waiver
2) Full waiver if 2.5 lakh+ spent in 60 days

Wanted to check if people are getting better offer else I will take 50% waiver. Offer 2 doesn't make any sense.
Anyone with any info on this?

bvc19296

TF Legend
TF Family
Contributor
VIP Lounge
See my dad hold both plantium and gold and have amex card plantium over 9-10 yr and 5 yr for gold and both of them he first pay the annual fees doesn't call and then one month or so after paying he call them and somehow amex reverse the fees. He say look at my account and My spending and amex cs always reverse the charges. Spend around 5 lakhs or so on gold and plantium 7 lakhs or so. It might vary but that his spending pattern over 10 yr with amex.
Did your father got any upgrade option to platinum card with so much long membership with Amex?

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator
Did your father got any upgrade option to platinum card with so much long membership with Amex?
Yes he had received multiple offer the best wad for around 1,25,000 MR point against plantium charge card. I did took the ss. But now I don't remember the Mr point amex offered will look in his email and attached here.
edit - attaching the ss. Screenshot 2023-11-28 111255.png Screenshot 2023-11-28 111021.png

Last edited:

arjun697

TF Premier
I just realized since I moved all amex points to MB, they won't even offer waiver for points. I completed one year on Plat Travel in Nov but they haven't included the annual fees in this month's bill.