• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Amex Plat Travel renewal fee waiver. Is it ok to accept?

neogen

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
My Amex plat travel is up for renewal. On contacting Amex, they are offering 50% fee waiver.

Do you think its ok to accept this 50% renewal fee waiver offer?

Ankur dhanda

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
@Ankur dhanda
It looks like if you call and ask , You can still purchase MR's across all your cards.
I did the same now and they have taken up the request for 40k MR across 4 of my cards.
Chat support though is refusing.

You can try once.
I’ll try again. But they refused in Dec 3rd week when I placed a request on my wife’s card. Even had a service request number but it was declined in the end.

Ksunnylove

TF Buzz
RML Group
VIP Lounge
amex retention offer negotiation is getting hard now.. they removed the option through chat support and have a specialized team over call for any retention offer on card .. luckily got the offer for full fee waiver for 1.5 lakh spend in 90 days. this is my only 2nd year with card.

NeoOnWheels

TF Premier
amex retention offer negotiation is getting hard now.. they removed the option through chat support and have a specialized team over call for any retention offer on card .. luckily got the offer for full fee waiver for 1.5 lakh spend in 90 days. this is my only 2nd year with card.
You call regular customer care of a special line?

sjmajumder

TF Ace
Amex Gold I always got 100% reversal when called after seeing the charges levied in the bill - Did you manage to get a fee reversal this year as well? If so, in which month was your Gold Charge Renewal?
For me that would be last year if you are talking of 2023. My annual fees is billed in the March statement. Yes, I got a full waiver by spending 60K in 90 days. This year the offer is full waiver by spending 1L in 90 days.

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator
For me that would be last year if you are talking of 2023. My annual fees is billed in the March statement. Yes, I got a full waiver by spending 60K in 90 days. This year the offer is full waiver by spending 1L in 90 days.
Spending 1 lakhs in 90 days on gold charge make zero reward for the user. I was referring to without paying anything but then In 2023 this wasn't possible.