• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Amex Plat Travel renewal fee waiver. Is it ok to accept?

neogen

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
My Amex plat travel is up for renewal. On contacting Amex, they are offering 50% fee waiver.

Do you think its ok to accept this 50% renewal fee waiver offer?

anirban.choudhury

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
This time around, I got an offer of 5K MR points for full fee waiver for Amex Plat Travel. It was quite good so took it as point value is more than 1 rupee. Up until last year I was getting 10K MR for full fee reversal
5k MR for full fees is not a good offer .
You should take 50% waiver instead
With GST and all its like purchasing amex points at more than 1 Rs where as they are worth around 0.60 paise in general

sourpai

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
5k MR for full fees is not a good offer .
You should take 50% waiver instead
With GST and all its like purchasing amex points at more than 1 Rs where as they are worth around 0.60 paise in general
What I meant to say was that they took 5K MR points for full fee reversal. In this case, 5K MR points for 5.9K annual fees is 1.18 value per point. They usually take 10K MR points for fee reversal.

CVR

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Now that you know about the different offers such as MR deduction, did you check with them again? If they still are not budging, I would agree with you that the 50% waiver seems the best among the choices for you.
I took the 50% waiver. Other option I had got was 10k points for paying full fees and waiver on spends of 2.5 lakh in 60 days. Would have taken points but points would have come post Marriott bonus offer ending so didn’t take it.

anirban.choudhury

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
What should be the best rate for purchase?
In what scenario does purchasing MR points make sense?
There is no best rate
The rates are fixed at 40 paise per Amex point
You can buy in multiples of 1000 upto 10000 per year per card
To purchase 10k you need to have atleast 10k in your account
40 paise per Amex point is actually great if you can redeem them to Marriot Bonvoy.

vikyp

TF Buzz
I got 50% fee reversal for my plat travel this month. That too without any spend condition nor deduction of MR points. Just talk to amex cc and they will give you some offer. Couple of years back I got full fe waiver against 10k points. Last year I got full fee waiver against 90k spends in the next 90 days. Offer vary , but you surely will get one. Remember to let the gee be charged first and then give a call. Normally cc don't entertain such requests before the fee is charged on the card.

bonheur

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I got 50% fee reversal for my plat travel this month. That too without any spend condition nor deduction of MR points. Just talk to amex cc and they will give you some offer. Couple of years back I got full fe waiver against 10k points. Last year I got full fee waiver against 90k spends in the next 90 days. Offer vary , but you surely will get one. Remember to let the gee be charged first and then give a call. Normally cc don't entertain such requests before the fee is charged on the card.
What were your spends on this card like? Were you able to reach 4L?

sharpened

TF Select
Per card? That means you can buy up to 30k MR points every year @ 0.40 per point?