• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Amex Mrcc retention benefit

Ksunnylove

TF Buzz
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Hi i have amex mrcc card up for renewal and i already have spent 1.5 lakh in last year so renewal fees will be waived. However, can i ask amex for any retention benefit ?

metal_heart

TF Premier
AFAIK, if you simply call and ask for retention benefit, you wont get any as your criteria is already met.
Raising cancel request & hoping to get some points is always a risky affair.

I have 3 instances (not amex), where card closure request was completed without any counter offer.
I wanted them to be closed, so no regrets

coolguy1

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
MRCC is already free first year and has minimal fees for the second year.

The value it offers against the costs is already too good to be true. Considering your annual fee is already waived off, expecting any further retention benefit might feel too optimistic at this point.!

As your spends go higher, you can try getting an expensive card and climb up the ladder to enjoy more offers, perks and card benefits! :)

fees will be waived as already spend condition is met.. now i still want to close the card .. they should offer me something like no sir pls dont close the card u are a valuable customer blah blah.
As far as my experience goes with amex, you can ask them simply to give you some bonus MR points if they do it's well and good and if they dont still it's good but don't place a closure request and demand for MR points.
PS: I don't have any amex cards 🤣

sousnake

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
As far as my experience goes with amex, you can ask them simply to give you some bonus MR points if they do it's well and good and if they dont still it's good but don't place a closure request and demand for MR points.
PS: I don't have any amex cards 🤣
In first line you said - as far as your experience with amex
In last line you said - don't have any amex cards
Just thinking how:unsure::cool: