• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Amex mrcc or platinum travel

Hello I have mrcc and travel platinum travel Card I want to kept one card only which card is better to kept I am Going to close mrcc is it better idea?

CCUser_1999

TF Premier
Conversion rate and partners are same for all Amex Cards across all partners. You can choose any card and you will have same option. I am not sure about Centurion card but for others above statement holds true.

CCUser_1999

TF Premier
if you don't mind can you share transfer ratio? I dont find it on Amex site
Transfer PartnerTransfer Rate
British Airways Executive Club2:1
Cathay Pacific Asia Miles2:1
Club Vistara3:1
Emirates Skywards2:1
Etihad Guest2:1
Finnair Plus2:1
InterMiles2:1
Qatar Privilege Club2:1
Singapore KrisFlyer2:1
Virgin Atlantic Flying Club2:1
Hilton Honors10:9
Marriott Bonvoy1:1

PS: Copied from some other forum. Seems accurate from what I know but there could be few updated here and there.

bonheur

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
If your spends are 4Lakhs or more, and like Taj - keep platinum travel.
If your spends are upto 2.5L keep MRCC.
@Odugu Narasimha Rao In addition to the above, if you want freedom from needing to track monthly targets of 1500x4 + 20k (which depending on your situation in life can be a major cause of anxiety and waste of time), go for Platinum Travel and worry about tracking only twice a year (1.9L + 4L).

niks

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
@Odugu Narasimha Rao In addition to the above, if you want freedom from needing to track monthly targets of 1500x4 + 20k (which depending on your situation in life can be a major cause of anxiety and waste of time), go for Platinum Travel and worry about tracking only twice a year (1.9L + 4L).
Exactly my thoughts. Too much of a pain to track 1500*4 plus 20k target. Especially considering least acceptance levels all around. Results in Manufactured Spends. Have half a thought closing my MRCC card even though I have earned decent bonus points overs the last 2 or 3 years.

bonheur

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Exactly my thoughts. Too much of a pain to track 1500*4 plus 20k target. Especially considering least acceptance levels all around. Results in Manufactured Spends. Have half a thought closing my MRCC card even though I have earned decent bonus points overs the last 2 or 3 years.
Yeah, IMO the 1500x4 mindset is a total trap. For busy people, the only way to use MRCC without losing sanity is to use it normally and only track 20K every month (if they must, but not worry much even if it goes a little beyond), and hope that it will somehow include 4 transactions above 1500 (it usually will). That will still give you a reward rate of 4.67% (Gold collection) or 6% (points transfer), which are well beyond any other entry level cards.

niks

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Yeah, IMO the 1500x4 mindset is a total trap. For busy people, the only way to use MRCC without losing sanity is to use it normally and only track 20K every month (if they must, but not worry much even if it goes a little beyond), and hope that it will somehow include 4 transactions above 1500 (it usually will). That will still give you a reward rate of 4.67% (Gold collection) or 6% (points transfer), which are well beyond any other entry level cards.
Considering I also have HDFC Infinia and SBI Cashback, the only place I genuinely feel like using my MRCC is for fuel at HP Petrol pumps. For everything else it just complicates decision making

bonheur

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Considering I also have HDFC Infinia and SBI Cashback, the only place I genuinely feel like using my MRCC is for fuel at HP Petrol pumps. For everything else it just complicates decision making
I too have both, over and above MRCC and a new Plat Travel. Trying to get into the habit of using Amex cards more post the Magnus debacle. If I can manage to do that reasonably well, the net RR will still be much higher than with the first two alone.

ismail

TF Select
MRCC rewards are better as Apaybalance, but usage is a headache
Plat Travel usage is a little easy but rewards only in form of Marriott points, using it is a little headache

Ankur dhanda

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Varies for every person and their usage.
For me I’m using Country Delight for my Dairy and veggies need. Monthly expenses comes around for my MRCC usage. So just I recharge their wallet and I’m done for the month without tracking or worrying .

Coolnessp

TF Buzz
But they will stop sending you offers based on spends, hence if you move some of your spends away, the offers come back, it’s like Infinia plays cat and mouse with you. I am in the same boat and looking at the mrcc and platinum combo. Since I use mb points, it makes sense for me. Rest like insurance and school fees I use the Infinia.

bvc19296

TF Legend
TF Family
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I suggest you to get Platinum travel.

I have got Platinum Travel, Gold Charge, Plat Reserve and Platinum Charge and all rewards are combined, so there is no indication that MRCC has to be taken first.