• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Amex application rejected

oksomu

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
I recently applied for an AMEX platinum travel card. After the video KYC, I got a rejection mail in a couple of hours stating, "After reviewing your application, it has come to our notice that the details provided in your application do not meet our internal requirements for Card issuance.". I'm in Bangalore, my CIBIL is 792, and I'm self-employed with an ITR of over 20 lakhs. I know these are well above the financial requirements for the card. Not sure why I got rejected

pandeyji

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
That's not true. As long as your address in id proof is serviceable it's all good. You don't need to be in the address physically for that.
Are you saying that you don't need to provide govt id proof for current address? I never said that you need to be physically present at your address, this idk

CardGame

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Are you saying that you don't need to provide govt id proof for current address? I never said that you need to be physically present at your address, this idk
Yea you don't need to provide proof for the current address. Just the aadhaar with an address where they source cards. That's enough.

CardGame

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I am not sure how you are so confident about this. My application got rejected for this reason, they clearly mentioned it.
My friend stays in his native(town) for more than 4yrs but his aadhaar address is from Metro city. He applied and got approval within 3 hours of application submission.

Reactions: SSV

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
My friend stays in his native(town) for more than 4yrs but his aadhaar address is from Metro city. He applied and got approval within 3 hours of application submission.
1)What is the distance between home town and aadhar address?

2)Where is his office address as per application ?

3)Which address was mentioned as his residence address in his application?

4)Where was he when VKYC was done?

pandeyji

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Your friend must have applied from Metro city and provided proof for that. If he had mentioned his current address as of his town, his application would have been rejected. I live in a Metro, my aadhaar address is of my town, I don't have any govt proof for my current address hence my application got rejected. I hope this is clear to you know.

CardGame

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Your friend must have applied from Metro city and provided proof for that. If he had mentioned his current address as of his town, his application would have been rejected. I live in a Metro, my aadhaar address is of my town, I don't have any govt proof for my current address hence my application got rejected. I hope this is clear to you know.
Ok now I get why you did not get the card

Your case - Aadhaar pin is not serviceable but lives in a serviceable location. This case u can never get Amex until you update the current address to aadhaar.

My friend - Aadhaar pin is serviceable but lives in non serviceable location. During application he just filled aadhaar address as communication address. That's it.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Aadhaar pin is serviceable but lives in non serviceable location. During application he just filled aadhaar address as communication address. That's it.
physical verification done?
during vkyc where was he?
where was the card delivered?
where is his office address serviceable or not?

CardGame

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
physical verification done?
during vkyc where was he?
where was the card delivered?
where is his office address serviceable or not?
1. No physical verification
2. He was in native not serviceable by Amex
3. Aadhaar address of course
4. Office address same as aadhaar address with a change of door number

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
He was in native not serviceable by Amex
so vkyc done at a non serviceable location and no physical verification done...
very lucky I would say ...
and also being residence and offcie address both are in servceable area and there is aadhar proof for residence, it made the things much easier..
so essentially we need official doc with serviceable address proof..

In both residence and office address your friend gave a serviceable area address even though he was physically else where..

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Yea you don't need to provide proof for the current address. Just the aadhaar with an address where they source cards. That's enough.
In your statement here, you said no need of proof for current address..
but actually your friend did n't mention his actual current address ( which is non serviceable) in the application form at all..
he actually mentioned the address for which he already got proof and got the card delivered there ...
hence puzzled solved...

CardGame

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
In your statement here, you said no need of proof for current address..
but actually your friend did n't mention his actual current address ( which is non serviceable) in the application form at all..
he actually mentioned the address for which he already got proof and got the card delivered there ...
hence puzzled solved...
Yea that's what I meant

I’ve recently applied for AMEX MRCC. However it’s been nearly 24 hrs of submitting the application and I haven’t received my video KYC link yet.

Also I have a different names in my Aadhar (which I’m using as address proof, and matches with my application name) and PAN. Will this cause an issue? My CIBIL and income are well above the card requirements.

@BestBanker could you please help me on this.

Hi guys,
I was unable to provide current address proof during vkyc. This is what they replied for that.
Thank you for your interest in applying for American Express® Platinum Travel Credit Card.

We noticed that you did not submit the documents required to complete your application. If we do not receive your documents within 40 days from the date of this communication, we will be unable to make additional consideration to your application. Unfortunately, this means we are not able to process your application any further at this time.

Please call 1-800-419-2122 in case you have any questions.

Now that i got the address proof in hand, the option to upload docs and vkyc is not working. What should I do now?

coolguy1

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Hi guys,
I was unable to provide current address proof during vkyc. This is what they replied for that.
Thank you for your interest in applying for American Express® Platinum Travel Credit Card.

We noticed that you did not submit the documents required to complete your application. If we do not receive your documents within 40 days from the date of this communication, we will be unable to make additional consideration to your application. Unfortunately, this means we are not able to process your application any further at this time.

Now that i got the address proof in hand, the option to upload docs and vkyc is not working. What should I do now?
Call the Amex support and ask them for a new link to upload the docs or an email where you can send them. They should be able to help!

Superxan

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hi guys,

This is an automated message I believe, you can email the documents to AMEX and get the application moving.

I got this message on my first application and I was able to still get the card after 3 months time ( I got 2 other cards in the mean time).

Got the message
After reviewing your application, it has come to our notice that the details provided in your application do not meet our internal requirements for Card issuance. As a result, we are not able to process your application.