• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Amex Annual Fees Waived Thread

rajgopalsinghal

TF Premier
Hi

I asked Amex for Annual fee waiver of gold charge card.

Amex gave me below options

1. 12000 reward points if I decide to pay Annual fees
2. 50% discount on Annual fees
3. 100% reversal of Annual fees if I spend 60k in 3 months.

I am thinking to opt for 12000 reward points as I shifted all my spends to Axis Magnus and Vistara infinite. Don't want to do any manufactured spends.

I don't remember but someone said that, on request Amex gave 20k reward points instead of 12k to someone. is there any trick to convince for 20k points?

TIA

Virgo

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Please tell more about it. This sounds good!
I have held Plat Travel for past 7 years both for spouse and self. I also hold Plat Charge and MRCC in my name as well as MRCC for spouse. Both our MRCC are companion cards to Plat Travel so LTF till we hold Plat Travel.

On Plat Travel, I have had different experiences:

1) In some years my fee has been completely waived off possibly due to my Plat Charge relationship
2) in some years, I have received spend based waiver say spend 90k with 3 months for complete waiver
3) Pay annual fee using 5k MR points which gives a value of Rs 1.18 per MR. I generally don’t opt for this as I prefer to preserve my MR points
4) This year, I received an offer of getting 15k MR points on full payment of fee for my wife’s Plat Travel

I am sure there are other variations or counter offers other card holders may have received. Hope this helps.

bonheur

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Are all you requesting for waivers post bill generation with annual fees? If so, what happens if you don’t like their waiver offer and feel like cancelling the card would be a better deal? Do they always make an offer that’s too good for you to refuse?

sxchzy

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
I have held Plat Travel for past 7 years both for spouse and self. I also hold Plat Charge and MRCC in my name as well as MRCC for spouse. Both our MRCC are companion cards to Plat Travel so LTF till we hold Plat Travel.

On Plat Travel, I have had different experiences:

1) In some years my fee has been completely waived off possibly due to my Plat Charge relationship
2) in some years, I have received spend based waiver say spend 90k with 3 months for complete waiver
3) Pay annual fee using 5k MR points which gives a value of Rs 1.18 per MR. I generally don’t opt for this as I prefer to preserve my MR points
4) This year, I received an offer of getting 15k MR points on full payment of fee for my wife’s Plat Travel

I am sure there are other variations or counter offers other card holders may have received. Hope this helps.
If you hold plat charge automatically others become companion cards right

Virgo

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Are all you requesting for waivers post bill generation with annual fees? If so, what happens if you don’t like their waiver offer and feel like cancelling the card would be a better deal? Do they always make an offer that’s too good for you to refuse?
Not necessarily. In case you don’t agree, they will go ahead with card closure

navonline7

TF Premier
This is my first renewal of the Plat Travel card. Got two options:
  1. Give away 10k points for fee waiver
  2. Get 10k points credit for paying the fee
Which one should I opt for? The first option looks good to me considering the fact that I will get 0.59 paisa per MR.

Please suggest

sxchzy

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
Which one should I opt for? The first option looks good to me considering the fact that I will get 0.59 paisa per MR.

Please suggest
negotiate more for a discount on fee or try for milestoe based fee waiver like
spend 3 lakhs within a 3 months for a full fee waiver
something on this lines was offered to someone in the forum i guess for mrcc if i am not wrong

ChurningNoob

TF Ace
VIP Lounge

Please suggest
I would go with option #2, 10k points is a good deal for 5600. Just calculate how much would have to spend to earn that 10k, but here you get it for 5600