• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Amex Annual Fees Waived Thread

rajgopalsinghal

TF Premier
Hi

I asked Amex for Annual fee waiver of gold charge card.

Amex gave me below options

1. 12000 reward points if I decide to pay Annual fees
2. 50% discount on Annual fees
3. 100% reversal of Annual fees if I spend 60k in 3 months.

I am thinking to opt for 12000 reward points as I shifted all my spends to Axis Magnus and Vistara infinite. Don't want to do any manufactured spends.

I don't remember but someone said that, on request Amex gave 20k reward points instead of 12k to someone. is there any trick to convince for 20k points?

TIA

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator
My Amex Plat Travel fees is due next month. Called them for waiver. They gave me 2 options:

1) 50% waiver
2) Full waiver if 2.5 lakh+ spent in 60 days

Wanted to check if people are getting better offer else I will take 50% waiver. Offer 2 doesn't make any sense.
option 1 with 50% fees reversed. try 10 MR against fees. if that you're looking for.

anirban.choudhury

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
This is actually a better option..
Why did you transfer the points to Marriott points.. these kind of offers will come at some point of time. If you keep the points in Amex they will never expire
Marriot 30% is a good offer
Marriot points are valid for 24 months but if you just transfer some points from Amex the validity increases by 2 years so kind of never expire

CVR

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
This is actually a better option..
Why did you transfer the points to Marriott points.. these kind of offers will come at some point of time. If you keep the points in Amex they will never expire
Marriott 30% offer doesn’t necessarily come every year.. just lucky that it came last year and this year as well.. and marriott points expiry can be easily extended as already pointed out by anirban.. i will suggest everyone with marriott points to utilise the offer unless someone is very clear on using it for 18k/24k vouchers..

codenerd

TF Ace
Yup you can apply for the same card through referral again after cooldown period
Daamn! Never knew about this! So isnt this kind of a loophole where one can refer a friend/family for a card and upon its renewal, get it cancelled and again use the same referral to apply. In this way we can keep earning referral every 15 months on the same person.
How come I never came across this even on Technofino!!
Sounds super exciting though! Thanks :)

MurlyLock

TF Select
Daamn! Never knew about this! So isnt this kind of a loophole where one can refer a friend/family for a card and upon its renewal, get it cancelled and again use the same referral to apply. In this way we can keep earning referral every 15 months on the same person.
Yes, but I think one can get a joining bonus for one card only once. Although I am not sure about this. Also exploiting any loophole like that even for referral bonus would surely attract attention and might even cause ban to the account.

ALOAK

TF Ace
If you keep doing that Amex knows how to track it. Same person's applying and cancelling the card every year. All you card applied and cancelled will.show up in system under your aadhar pan or dob when they search then account will be closed and what ever points u earned will be forefited never do this once twice ok sometimes even this gets triggered and will ban you forever to apply for Amex.amex gives leeway but taking advantage they will.not tolerate.many in US to have got their accout s banned and closed for this activity.

aceventura

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Why wait for 15 months, get plat travel, spend 4L in a month and complete all the milestones, convert MR to vouchers, close the card in the second month and apply after 3 months via referral.

The only con is Amex (unless they have a memory capacity of a goldfish) will blacklist you probably till the next ice age. :ROFLMAO: