• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

American Express MR Points To Marriott Bonvoy Points Transfer Offer - 30% Bonus MB Points

Random123

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
for me, Amex seems to be the culprit as they are referring to your "name" that comes in the email once your card gets approved (below format) even though if you have a different first/last name in your card (short name) or in the statement.

I was struggling for 2 weeks between Amex and Marriott and then created a new MB profile where I gave my first name as "xxx" and last name as "abc" as per the card approval email and it was quick instant linking and even tried to transfer 100 pts and it got reflected in 10mins in MB account

Dear xxx abc,

Congratulations! Your application for the American Express Membership Rewards® Credit Card has been approved.

Your new Card should reach you within 3-7 business days.​
Thanks for sharing, have the same reversal of first and last name issue between amex and marriott. I know it is late now but can anyone suggest whether waiting for amex name change is better (they said 24 - 48 hrs) or create new bonvoy account and link. Don't have lot of points but that is connect to the HDFC MB card though.

Also once name change is done, does the linking happen instant sometimes if all is fine since that is also mentioned 48 hrs and that would mean it would cross 15 Dec on worst case

Thanks for your help

thegame

TF Premier
Thanks for sharing, have the same reversal of first and last name issue between amex and marriott. I know it is late now but can anyone suggest whether waiting for amex name change is better (they said 24 - 48 hrs) or create new bonvoy account and link. Don't have lot of points but that is connect to the HDFC MB card though.

Also once name change is done, does the linking happen instant sometimes if all is fine since that is also mentioned 48 hrs and that would mean it would cross 15 Dec on worst case

Thanks for your help
in my case, I had waited for almost 3 weeks and had multiple to & fro communication between MB and Amex CCs but nothing changed, just for a trial purpose I created a new MB account with the names as mentioned in my welcome email and MB account creation is instant where you get the MB account number in profile, then logged into AMEX website and tried the linking and it was instant which was a big surprise to see how fast it was :D , transferred 100 points and it was also instant. so overall creating a new MB account/linking via AMEX/100pts transfer which got credited as 100+30pts in MB all happened in a span of 5-10mins max..

for me, AMEX support were horrible as either the backend system is crap as how it can have different set of names in the database and differnet for the CC person OR CC was not keen in further digging the info (have spoken to atleast 4-5 different AMEX support folks)

Random123

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
in my case, I had waited for almost 3 weeks and had multiple to & fro communication between MB and Amex CCs but nothing changed, just for a trial purpose I created a new MB account with the names as mentioned in my welcome email and MB account creation is instant where you get the MB account number in profile, then logged into AMEX website and tried the linking and it was instant which was a big surprise to see how fast it was :D , transferred 100 points and it was also instant. so overall creating a new MB account/linking via AMEX/100pts transfer which got credited as 100+30pts in MB all happened in a span of 5-10mins max..

for me, AMEX support were horrible as either the backend system is crap as how it can have different set of names in the database and differnet for the CC person OR CC was not keen in further digging the info (have spoken to atleast 4-5 different AMEX support folks)
Thanks for sharing the details. In my case looks like first and last name were interchanged and have requested swap of them. They said it will be done in 2 days and hoping it will be done before 15th

ak1423

TF Select
I had the same issue..Amex support team kept giving me wrong first and last time..so finally I have checked approval mail which has a application pdf and created similar name in mb..it worked finally

Random123

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
They finally swapped names but only in Mrcc and not other cards. Luckily points are pooled

Successfully registered ffp via Mrcc and tried with 100 points. MB shows 130 points added to the total points but not showing in the points history

ak1423

TF Select
@Random123 What did you ask amex customer care?.I have a amex mrcc yet to be delivered where my first and last name differs from plat travel/mb account They seem to be clueless giving wrong info about first and last name.

Random123

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
@Random123 What did you ask amex customer care?.I have a amex mrcc yet to be delivered where my first and last name differs from plat travel/mb account They seem to be clueless giving wrong info about first and last name.
I just asked for first and last name and they were interchanged while MB had correct names.
Then requested for swap of them in card but unfortunately they did change only on MRCC but not on other cards
So the ffp partner registration worked only for mrcc
Luckily the points are pooled (order of cards are mrcc, gold, plat travel) so was able to do 100 Amex points and got 130 MB points

Finally the issue is resolved for me.

Had to start a grievance complaint with AMEX. They called me after 3 weeks saying that an internal investigation has taken place. My name is XX YY. AA

Their records had XX as first name, YY as middle name, and AA as last name. Most sites don't have the option of a middle name. Hence, it hasn't been possible to link Marriott and AMEX accounts or any other for that matter.

After AMEX confirmed the name as in their records, I called up Marriott for a name change and wow. Within a few minutes, I have been able to add that same Marriott account.

Hope this is useful for anyone facing the same problem. Thanks to all those who had given me tips earlier.

CD.

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
American Express and Marriott International are back with their bonus point transfer offer. Transfer your Amex Membership Reward Points to your Marriott Bonvoy account and get 30% bonus points.

Offer period: 16th November 2023 – 15th December 2023

A person holding below-mentioned card issued by American Express Banking Corp. in India is eligible for the offer:

o American Express CenturionCard
o American Express PlatinumCard
o American Express GoldCard
o American Express PlatinumReserveCreditCard
o American Express PlatinumTravelCreditCard
o American Express MembershipRewards CreditCard
o American Express Smart Earn Credit Card

Terms & Conditions Of The Offer:

• This program is being offered by Marriott Bonvoy only and shall be valid for the period mentioned in the offer. The offer in this program will be fulfilled at the Marriott Bonvoy’s end only.
  • A minimum of 100 Points have to be transferred in a single redemption transaction. Additionally, a maximum of 900,000 Points can be transferred per redemption transaction or in a calendar year.
  • Bonus Marriott Bonvoy Points will be credited to the concerned Marriott Bonvoy membership ID (which is used for Membership Rewards points transfer) within 12 weeks from the offer end date.
  • In case of any query related to the offer, cardmembers can reach out to Marriott Bonvoy customer care at within 90 business days from the offer end date.
Full Terms & Conditions Copy:
Screenshot 2023-11-16 at 9.10.18 AM.png
Screenshot 2023-11-16 at 9.10.52 AM.png
On the other hand, Amex US is offering a 20% bonus on MR point transfers made to Marriott Bonvoy. So, this time, it seems we are getting a better offer than in the USA. The earning rate here in India is much higher than in the US (if we consider the Indian Amex to Marriott transfer rate).
Screenshot 2023-11-16 at 8.48.46 AM.png

Update: Just want to clarify one thing: you can transfer more than 9L Marriott Bonvoy Points and get a 30% bonus. I just transferred 100 MR Points again after transferring 9L MR points earlier and received a 30% bonus against the last transfer of 100 MR Points. So, just in case you want to transfer more than 9L MR Points, you can do that in parts. The maximum you can transfer is 9L MR points per transfer.

Screenshot 2023-11-16 at 8.52.53 PM.png

If you want to apply for Amex card, visit this thread to know more about their offerings, best Amex card, eligibility & more information: https://www.technofino.in/community...-you-all-amex-card-eligibility-criteria.2597/
Any chances of this offer returning any time soon.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
i did not get any mails. I have 3 cards. Is there some eligiblity criterion?
They may be sending in batches, please wait for a few days .
I too received for one account only, out of two .

CD.

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
They may be sending in batches, please wait for a few days .
I too received for one account only, out of two .
is there any limit of points per card to buy?

What will be the cost buy 10k + 3.5k (bonus) = 13.5k points/