• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

American Express MR Points To Marriott Bonvoy Points Transfer Offer - 30% Bonus MB Points

the_dark_knight

TF Ace
Contributor
How long are mariot bonvoy points valid?
I know amex mr points carry unlimited validity/no expiry but since now conversion offer is going to, if I convert to mb point (to be used maybe after 2 yrs) is it wise thing to do?

coolguy1

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
How long are mariot bonvoy points valid?
I know amex mr points carry unlimited validity/no expiry but since now conversion offer is going to, if I convert to mb point (to be used maybe after 2 yrs) is it wise thing to do?
The validity is 2 years but any action or transfer is counted as a valid activity which extends the validity of the points by further 2 years.

HimachaliJeeper404

TF Select
VIP Lounge
What is best use of Mariott points to get max value...also for Amex points as well...isnt Taj voucher most advantageous for MR at 0.5 value
Marriott points - India still have very good properties which require points in the range of 12K where the room tariff on weekends touch around 8-10K (incl Taxes). Try searching the Marriott room finder basis your travel location, you should get an idea. Generally a room with 10K points and costing around INR 9K+ will give you better points to redemption value.

Hi all,

I'm facing one big issue with connecting my AMEX and Marriott accounts.

The message I always get is that the records do not match.

When I contact Amex, they say I should contact Marriott. When I contact Marriott, they say I should contact Amex! Lol. What should I do now?

the_dark_knight

TF Ace
Contributor
Hi all,

When I contact Amex, they say I should contact Marriott. When I contact Marriott, they say I should contact Amex! Lol. What should I do now?
Contact both simultaneously on conference

codenerd

TF Ace
My friend recently booked a room at Marriott Kolkata whose price on website showed as 32K but using points he was able to get it for 28500. That according to me comes to around above 1.1 redemption value. Also he got a free room upgrade on top of that whose charge was around 37K.
So is this an excellent redemption value or its just normal to get around 1-1.1 ratio of points to charge redemption ?

hs23

TF Ace
RML Group
VIP Lounge
American Express and Marriott International are back with their bonus point transfer offer. Transfer your Amex Membership Reward Points to your Marriott Bonvoy account and get 30% bonus points.

Offer period: 16th November 2023 – 15th December 2023

A person holding below-mentioned card issued by American Express Banking Corp. in India is eligible for the offer:

o American Express CenturionCard
o American Express PlatinumCard
o American Express GoldCard
o American Express PlatinumReserveCreditCard
o American Express PlatinumTravelCreditCard
o American Express MembershipRewards CreditCard
o American Express Smart Earn Credit Card

Terms & Conditions Of The Offer:

• This program is being offered by Marriott Bonvoy only and shall be valid for the period mentioned in the offer. The offer in this program will be fulfilled at the Marriott Bonvoy’s end only.
  • A minimum of 100 Points have to be transferred in a single redemption transaction. Additionally, a maximum of 900,000 Points can be transferred per redemption transaction or in a calendar year.
  • Bonus Marriott Bonvoy Points will be credited to the concerned Marriott Bonvoy membership ID (which is used for Membership Rewards points transfer) within 12 weeks from the offer end date.
  • In case of any query related to the offer, cardmembers can reach out to Marriott Bonvoy customer care at within 90 business days from the offer end date.
Full Terms & Conditions Copy:
Screenshot 2023-11-16 at 9.10.18 AM.png
Screenshot 2023-11-16 at 9.10.52 AM.png
On the other hand, Amex US is offering a 20% bonus on MR point transfers made to Marriott Bonvoy. So, this time, it seems we are getting a better offer than in the USA. The earning rate here in India is much higher than in the US (if we consider the Indian Amex to Marriott transfer rate).
Screenshot 2023-11-16 at 8.48.46 AM.png

Update: Just want to clarify one thing: you can transfer more than 9L Marriott Bonvoy Points and get a 30% bonus. I just transferred 100 MR Points again after transferring 9L MR points earlier and received a 30% bonus against the last transfer of 100 MR Points. So, just in case you want to transfer more than 9L MR Points, you can do that in parts. The maximum you can transfer is 9L MR points per transfer.

Screenshot 2023-11-16 at 8.52.53 PM.png
Is this offer only one time per year every year?

Kirpal

TF Buzz
Hi all,

I had the same issue.no help from customer care

I created a new marriot bonvoy account with diffrent email id it worked

Just make sure the name on the card matches the marriot bonvoy account.

My previous bonvoy account had no points so i could create a new account and not worry abt my old account

I had the same issue.no help from customer care

I created a new marriot bonvoy account with diffrent email id it worked

Just make sure the name on the card matches the marriot bonvoy account.

My previous bonvoy account had no points so i could create a new account and not worry abt my old account
I tried doing that too. I also don't have any points in the current account.

Even if the name matches, I end up getting the same message. Records don't match.

Thanks for your tip though.

SM24

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hi all,

My Amex and Marriott names werent matching.
(First name and last name interchanged).

I got my Marriott name interchanged.

Safer than meddling with Amex name change bolkay.

If this is why your accounts arent getting connected, give this option a shot.

Else con call, like someone said :)

mastfun

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
My Amex and Marriott names werent matching.
(First name and last name interchanged).

I got my Marriott name interchanged.

Safer than meddling with Amex name change bolkay.

If this is why your accounts arent getting connected, give this option a shot.

Else con call, like someone said :)
How to change the name on my account in Amex / Marriot? I am getting the same error

thegame

TF Premier
How to change the name on my account in Amex / Marriot? I am getting the same error
for me, Amex seems to be the culprit as they are referring to your "name" that comes in the email once your card gets approved (below format) even though if you have a different first/last name in your card (short name) or in the statement.

I was struggling for 2 weeks between Amex and Marriott and then created a new MB profile where I gave my first name as "xxx" and last name as "abc" as per the card approval email and it was quick instant linking and even tried to transfer 100 pts and it got reflected in 10mins in MB account

Dear xxx abc,

Congratulations! Your application for the American Express Membership Rewards® Credit Card has been approved.

Your new Card should reach you within 3-7 business days.

thegame

TF Premier
Try to get someone to refer you when you create new Bonvoy account. You get 2,000 bonus points for each stay, up to five stays.
is the referral only via this link? https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/earn/reward-a-friend.mi

Also regarding this point "Plus, both earn 2,000 bonus points for each of your first five paid stays within 365 days of enrollment — up to a total of 10,000 bonus points. Get a head start on benefits and experiences you can enjoy together"

does "paid stay" also include paid via points (via AMEX)? or you need to pay the amount via card? thanks..

pmhunter

TF Select
is the referral only via this link? https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/earn/reward-a-friend.mi

Also regarding this point "Plus, both earn 2,000 bonus points for each of your first five paid stays within 365 days of enrollment — up to a total of 10,000 bonus points. Get a head start on benefits and experiences you can enjoy together"

does "paid stay" also include paid via points (via AMEX)? or you need to pay the amount via card? thanks..
Yes, the person who's referring you needs to fill it up and you'll get an email. It is for paid stays, not points redemption.