• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

amazonpay rewards on icici amazonpay cc seized.

Status
Not open for further replies.

infiniia

TF Select
Hi everyone,

I made transaction adding to 11 lakhs rupees from my ICICI AMAZONPAY CC, to pay my dad's hospital bills worth 19 lakhs.
on the amazonpay pay card i earned cashback of 11109 rupees, but icici bank never gave me those cashback.
They are saying that cashback above 8000 are subject to investigation and the bank labelled my father's hospital bills as commercial transactions, so that they do not have to give me 11k in cashback.
So much for emergency use of credit card and a 12 year long relationship with ICICI BANK.

navonline7

TF Premier
Even I have cashback pending to be credited for over two months now. Got fed after multiple interactions with them and raised a complaint with RBI Ombudsman. I'm considering surrendering my ICICI APay CC as it doesn't make sense any more to me, especially with so many good cards around, and most importantly, their brain-dead customer service.

deep@vie

TF Legend
Hi everyone,

I made transaction adding to 11 lakhs rupees from my ICICI AMAZONPAY CC, to pay my dad's hospital bills worth 19 lakhs.
on the amazonpay pay card i earned cashback of 11109 rupees, but icici bank never gave me those cashback.
They are saying that cashback above 8000 are subject to investigation and the bank labelled my father's hospital bills as commercial transactions, so that they do not have to give me 11k in cashback.
So much for emergency use of credit card and a 12 year long relationship with ICICI BANK.
raise a complaint with RBI

ltf4ever

TF Ace
Hi everyone,

RBI.
principal nodal officer of icici.
tweet and tag twitter handles of icici and tag technofino, consumer forum and other members of this forum.
and send them an email inquiring about how to close the 12 year long relationship with their bank (i am assuming you also have a bank account with them).

Copycat

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Hi everyone,

Just attach copies of the bills which will have your father's name and your Aadhaar card that will show the linkage between your father and you. Ask them to give in writing that these constitute commercial transactions. Then just forward this up the chain in case they deny. Once they get the bills and the linkage they will not deny; as from their viewpoint it would be a public relations disaster if you make it public. Also, ask them how many terminals do they expect a hospital to have. A hospital isn't a supermarket checkout counter. No doubt big hospitals have multiple terminals, but that doesn't mean you can't go to the same counter every time. You will 100% win

Last edited:

Nemesis

TF Premier
19L bill 😲... hope he is well... keep fighting later, escalate with bank if nothing happening then raise with RBI ombudsman

infiniia

TF Select
RBI.
principal nodal officer of icici.
tweet and tag twitter handles of icici and tag technofino, consumer forum and other members of this forum.
and send them an email inquiring about how to close the 12 year long relationship with their bank (i am assuming you also have a bank account with them).
bank account of our family and home loan of over 1 cr.

Dhruvit.S

TF Premier
TF Family
Hi everyone,

My condolences to you and your family. I suggest you mail RBI Ombudsman. They do provide resolution from what I see many users have got justice.

Status
Not open for further replies.