• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Amazon to ICICI Platinum

Sanjay

TF Select
I have ICICI Amazon Pay CC. Now I want platinum CC. I have read earlier Technfino has posted on this but not able to find that. Can anyone share that thread.

Delhivery ke apne hi nashe hain. Blue Dart is much faster, but their customer support sucks too. But at least it exists, unlike Delhivery, where up until now, the only way to contact them was email.

By the way, I got my ICICI Platinum credit card just now. The silver embossed text looks beautiful! Much better than the Coral one. I don't understand why the design feels cheaper in Coral. It should be the other way round.
Agreed the Design of platinum is good

aayusharyan

TF Ace
Also tell me axis Bank sends credit card with Delhivery and activation code with DTDC what in the world is axis doing pulling hero Alom level stunts 🧐
For me Axis sent activation code with the card itself. Just 1 envelope, in the welcome letter, at top it had the activation code. (Both for FK which I applied 2 years ago, and Neo which I applied last month).
I wonder in which situation they decide to send separately.... Maybe when they don't trust the courier partner?
Mine was Bluedart both the times.

CosmicCat

TF Premier
Thank you everyone for your help. Really appreciate it guys! 😀

Anyway, here's a timeline for the same:
1. Sent a DM to ICICI on 𝕏 on early morning of Thu, 9th Nov, to give a complimentary Platinum Chip Credit Card on the basis of my Amazon Pay credit card without closing it.

2. They sent a reply to my DM on Fri, 10th Nov, at around 9:30 AM. The same evening, at around 6 PM, received a call from a CS representative. She was knowledgeable and understood why I need it. She instantly raised a service request for the "Upgrade." Received no confirmation SMS or email for it. Had to check out iMobile app under "Service Requests" page and found the SR there.

3. On Tue, 14th November, noticed in the app that the service request has been closed on 14th Nov. Logged into netbanking, the card was visible there. However, by this time, I didn't receive any confirmation email or SMS for it. And it was still not visible in iMobile app.

4. On Wed, 15th November, sharp at 12 AM, the card was visible in iMobile app (Wasn't visible until 11:59 PM lol). And at around 7 AM, received 6 back-to-back emails about setting card usage controls, and one SMS for the same.

5. On Sunday, 19th November, got a welcome email to Platinum card at around 7 AM. And in the evening, the card was dispatched from Kolkata by Blue Dart. (I stay in Kolkata too)

6. On Monday, 20th November, Blue Dart went out for delivery, but didn't deliver it for some unknown reasons. They mentioned "Landmark needed" even though my address has mentioned it already. No calls from them too. Happened for the first time. Otherwise, Blue Dart never delayed any delivery in the past.

7. Tue, 21st November, the card got delivered. Blue Dart only took OTP for authentication at the time of delivery. No ID proof was asked.

However, upon receiving it, noticed fingerprint on the chip even though the package was well-packed. So I'm pretty sure it's of somebody from their printing press.

Last edited:
For me Axis sent activation code with the card itself. Just 1 envelope, in the welcome letter, at top it had the activation code. (Both for FK which I applied 2 years ago, and Neo which I applied last month).
I wonder in which situation they decide to send separately.... Maybe when they don't trust the courier partner?
Mine was Bluedart both the times.
Bluedart is very good.
Even I received the activation code for my zone in a single envelope but this time I dunno whats wrong with axis

CosmicCat

TF Premier
This means your old APay card is no longer with you?
Good question. In fact, I asked the same from them, too.

Whenever ICICI Bank "upgrades" a card from another one, both the cards stay active — which is really a good thing.

Since I wasn't applying afresh with a new application process, the only way they could approve that card without fresh documents was with the "Upgrade" process.

James

TF Ace
Good question. In fact, I asked the same from them, too.

Whenever ICICI Bank "upgrades" a card from another one, both the cards stay active — which is really a good thing.

Since I wasn't applying afresh with a new application process, the only way they could approve that card without fresh documents was with the "Upgrade" process.
There's another way too. If you have pre-approved offers, your card will be given without documents

CosmicCat

TF Premier
There's another way too. If you have pre-approved offers, your card will be given without documents
Yes, but I was mentioning about getting a card from them on the basis of an existing card; which one isn't pre-approved.

By the way, last year, my dad had a pre-approved Coral LTF Visa credit card (He has a 15-yo Savings account with them). He applied it from the iMobile app himself with the guidance from his Home Branch's Assistant Branch Manager.

For some strange reasons, it put a hard enquiry in his CIBIL with the category "Personal Loan" instead of "Credit Card." I'm pretty sure that that CIBIL enquiry was for that Coral card's application, because the date matched with the one on which the card was applied.

BeingIncog

TF Ace
For some strange reasons, it put a hard enquiry in his CIBIL with the category "Personal Loan" instead of "Credit Card." I'm pretty sure that that CIBIL enquiry was for that Coral card's application, because the date matched with the one on which the card was applied.
same here, icici did hard enquiry for personal loan instead of credit card when applied for apay cc.

CosmicCat

TF Premier
same here, icici did hard enquiry for personal loan instead of credit card when applied for apay cc.
In my case, ICICI put the correct category, which is "Credit Card" in the CIBIL, for my Amazon Pay CC application.

However, the case I explained for my dad, it was a pre-approved offer that popped up in the iMobile app as well as in Netbanking. My dad never had another credit card from ICICI at that point, or even from another bank. So, I'm not sure if that's the reason why ICICI did a hard enquiry.

James

TF Ace
In my case, ICICI put the correct category, which is "Credit Card" in the CIBIL, for my Amazon Pay CC application.

However, the case I explained for my dad, it was a pre-approved offer that popped up in the iMobile app as well as in Netbanking. My dad never had another credit card from ICICI at that point, or even from another bank. So, I'm not sure if that's the reason why ICICI did a hard enquiry.
He did not had icici card. I think that's the reason for cibil Enquiry

aayusharyan

TF Ace
Yes, but I was mentioning about getting a card from them on the basis of an existing card; which one isn't pre-approved.

By the way, last year, my dad had a pre-approved Coral LTF Visa credit card (He has a 15-yo Savings account with them). He applied it from the iMobile app himself with the guidance from his Home Branch's Assistant Branch Manager.

First ICICI Card, pre approved or not. Will trigger a CIBIL Inquiry I think, just to check your credit situation because the pre approval is based on your current finances with the bank. They still need to validate against other conditions like (example) 95% on time payments, under 50% credit utilisation. Etc etc

NShah

TF Legend
Contributor
First ICICI Card, pre approved or not. Will trigger a CIBIL Inquiry I think, just to check your credit situation because the pre approval is based on your current finances with the bank. They still need to validate against other conditions like (example) 95% on time payments, under 50% credit utilisation. Etc etc
Icici pre approved cc mein cibil inquiry nahi karta ha agar pre qualified offer hai to usme karta hai