• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Amazon to ICICI Platinum

Sanjay

TF Select
I have ICICI Amazon Pay CC. Now I want platinum CC. I have read earlier Technfino has posted on this but not able to find that. Can anyone share that thread.

CosmicCat

TF Premier
Such a weird bank is ICICI. I noticed that the Service Request they created on 09-Nov-2023 for a new Platinum credit card (As "upgrade" from my Amazon Pay card) was closed today. But no SMS or email intimation was given.

Then I noticed in Netbanking a new Platinum credit card, which is now marked as my primary credit card.

However, I have received no automated back-to-back 6 emails about card limit set which you usually get after a new card is approved.

Moreover, this card is not showing in iMobile app either. (Perhaps it would show after 12 AM?)

Further, even though the total limit is being shown the same as my Amazon Pay card in Netbanking, but the remaining limit for this card shows as full. Isn't the limit supposed to be shared between both?
The card was approved on 14th November, and it is still not dispatched. Anybody knows how long it takes? My Amazon Pay credit card was dispatched within 1 day.

aayusharyan

TF Ace
The card was approved on 14th November, and it is still not dispatched. Anybody knows how long it takes? My Amazon Pay credit card was dispatched within 1 day.
Recently, I got my sapphiro approved on 16th, dispatched today, on 19th. So, yours is taking more time. Maybe they dispatched but didn't send message? Check in iMobile, there is option to track deliverables.

CosmicCat

TF Premier
Recently, I got my sapphiro approved on 16th, dispatched today, on 19th. So, yours is taking more time. Maybe they dispatched but didn't send message? Check in iMobile, there is option to track deliverables.
I am actually relying on that page only. However, no updates so far. They asked to wait 7 working days. So, I'll wait for a few more days.

CosmicCat

TF Premier
They called me on 16th and they raised a service request immediately. I saw the card details on the app yesterday but I have received no confirmation on approval or tracking.
It's been just a day. Moreover, it's weekend, hence non-working days for the banks.

Please update on when it's dispatched.

CosmicCat

TF Premier
Lucky you! They choose bluedart
For me axis Bank chose Delhivery 😭
Whenever something is dispatched by ICICI from Kolkata—where their cards are usually printed—to Kolkata, they usually use Blue Dart. But if a card is sent from Mumbai, they usually use Delhivery.

However, last year, my dad's new ICICI Coral Visa credit card was shipped from Kolkata through a local courier called "Kerry Indev Express," which was surprisingly fast! His Coral CC was applied at late evening (Was a pre-approved offer). And the physical card was at the doorstep next afternoon — in less than 24 hours! He initially thought it's a scam when a courier guy called up to inform there's a parcel from ICICI and ID proof is required. And funnily — ICICI sent its "dispatch" alert (SMS/email) 2 days after it was delivered.

BTW, forgot to mention — my Platinum credit card is shipped from Kolkata too. So, if Blue Dart works on Sundays too, it should be delivered to me by the end of the day or by tomorrow.

Last edited:

CosmicCat

TF Premier
As expected DELHIVERY sucks, the card is at the final delivery station and which is just behind my house i went there and he denied me the delivery and said to come after 3 days 😭
Delhivery ke apne hi nashe hain. Blue Dart is much faster, but their customer support sucks too. But at least it exists, unlike Delhivery, where up until now, the only way to contact them was email.

By the way, I got my ICICI Platinum credit card just now. The silver embossed text looks beautiful! Much better than the Coral one. I don't understand why the design feels cheaper in Coral. It should be the other way round.

aayusharyan

TF Ace
Delhivery ke apne hi nashe hain. Blue Dart is much faster, but their customer support sucks too. But at least it exists, unlike Delhivery, where up until now, the only way to contact them was email.

By the way, I got my ICICI Platinum credit card just now. The silver embossed text looks beautiful! Much better than the Coral one. I don't understand why the design feels cheaper in Coral. It should be the other way round.
Platinum is more basic than Coral Variant. So Coral feeling premium makes sense.
The sequence is like this:

Plat -> Coral -> Rubyx -> Sapphiro -> Emeralde -> Emeralde Private -> Diamant

James

TF Ace

Oh Catman! Enjoy with your icici platinum chip credit card

NShah

TF Legend
Contributor

Congratulations 🎉 Finally you got your card

aayusharyan

TF Ace
I said otherwise. I said that Platinum feels more premium than Coral (design-wise), whereas it should have been the other way round.
Ohh, my bad, I would have misread then. 😅

4e3060b290e3baf6cc5577cd004e3225.jpg