• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Amazon stops allowing combining Amazon Pay balance with any other payment method

asm07

TF Buzz
As explained before, this policy is currently being rolled out in batches, and affects shopping orders as well; not just bill payments and recharges.

Currently, if this policy hasn't been applied to your account for shopping orders, then it would be made applicable soon in the future. Refer to the third FAQ in the screenshot of my original post.

In my case, this policy was applied to my account on this Sunday. They started to apply this policy for the shopping orders for many users very recently.
Fk! On shopping too! I don't understand why they took this approach 😑

Edit - Just checked shopping, and yes on shopping too I can't combine it anymore. Yesterday I ordered and it was working, not anymore.

Last edited:

Riya Sharma

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Offers are better in Flipkart. While customer support of Amazon is better. People are at fault. Both marketplace has no watertight policies to ensure that fraud sellers shouldn't be listed. There are ton of frauds. Half of expensive watches are fake , selling at 60-70% discount. People should check sellers, reviews, return policy, average price of product, listed sellers list by brand, taking uncut videos of unboxing, using credit cards for transactions as you can block it if fraud happens. WITH GREAT DISCOUNTS COMES GREAT RESPONSIBILITY 😅
why would anyone every buy a watch from Amazon or Flipkart?

newinnov

TF Premier
of late most of the reviews are fake on both the sites.
Reason is is greed of people.
Ever received a product that claims to give cashback if you review positively...
Next time send that screenshot to amazon that seller will be banned from marketplace!

No such thing is on flipkart!
While, Amazon never removes critical reviews unless it's abusive. Flipkart limits it for enhancing sales.

Riya Sharma

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Tbh, our entire family and relatives are customers of Flipkart since 2015 and haven't faced a single issue till now. We have placed 100+ orders so far including high value orders like Mobile phones, laptop etc.

In general, the likes of Flipkart, Meesho etc gets unnecessary hate because of the Superiority complex of the elite section of the society esp in tier 1 cities.

From the research I did, Flipkart is more popular in Tier 2, 3 cities and semi urban areas and less popular in Metro cities, whereas Amazon is preferred in Metro tier 1 cities.
I guess even 'rich' Indians can be extremely retarded. Yes Meesho and Flipkart are trash and sell extremely low quality one time use chinese garbage but buying from Amazon does not signify being rich, I'd actually say it is the opposite since luxury/premium goods are not even sold on Amazon. If you think buying from Amazon means you are rich then you most definitely can't comprehend what it means to truly be rich.

asm07

TF Buzz
of late most of the reviews are fake on both the sites.
Some brands are literally sponsoring telegram groups for 5 star reviews. There is a brand "Truke" or "Trook", they make wireless earbuds. In a telegram channel I saw for a product sold at 1400 (for example), if the buyer gives 5 star reviews after delivery he/she would get 1100-1200 as cashback. So most of the 5 star reviews are fake.

newinnov

TF Premier
Reason is is greed of people.
Ever received a product that claims to give cashback if you review positively...
Next time send that screenshot to amazon that seller will be banned from marketplace!

No such thing is on flipkart!
While, Amazon never removes critical reviews unless it's abusive. Flipkart limits it for enhancing sales.
also, Flipkart used to request for positive feedback for heavy appliances and furniture products, until a few years ago!
One time, I even showed a rep. his place by saying - why I should review, have I got it on trial or it's given free?
(it was flipkart official seller, call was made by CS not some random warehouse owner)

Amazon have not made a call even once and never deleted a bad review.

CosmicCat

TF Ace
Today, I received a call from the Amazon Executive-Customer Relations team for another issue. But I mentioned them about this issue with the Amazon Pay balance redemption as well. Even the representative was unaware of such change in the policy.

It means that if there is enough outrage online now, they might be forced to roll back this stupid policy.

So, I request everyone to email to andy[at]amazon[dot]com and ajassy[at]amazon[dot]com, and also share about this on 𝕏. Let's force them to roll back this policy!

Hemang

TF Premier
For me it's available while ordering mobile, but not while doing mobile recharge. 😐
Bhai mene tere vala same mobile add kra cart me, mera balance around 6k hai. But I didn't get the option of using Amazon pay balance for partial payment.
Ye balance ko to ab alag se use krna padega jispe hume koi benefit nahi milega.

TF Select
VIP Lounge
This is big!

Now you can no longer combine your Amazon Pay balance along with another payment method to make a payment on Amazon!

This policy is currently rolled out in batches.
1000053339.jpg

If you want to use it with any other payment method, you get the "Insufficient balance" error now:
1000053341.jpg

Suppose you want to pay for a ₹2500 order, and you have a ₹500 Amazon Pay balance. Earlier you could pay with your credit card and get applicable rewards on the remainder balance, which in this case is ₹2000. But, now you have to add whole ₹2000 amount to Amazon Wallet in order to use up your Amazon Pay balance.

This is really shocking, and Amazon is shooting themselves on the foot with this move.

I hope this move is temporary in order to save themselves from RBI's bamboos, as the usage of Amazon Pay balance has increased widely, and RBI is notorious for taking away everyone's happiness for strange reasons.
It's still working fine for me as I ordered yesterday using apay+card

#aniket

TF Ace
Bhai mene tere vala same mobile add kra cart me, mera balance around 6k hai. But I didn't get the option of using Amazon pay balance for partial payment.
Ye balance ko to ab alag se use krna padega jispe hume koi benefit nahi milega.
Bro dhere dhere slot mein disabled kar raha hai ye uska hi effect hoga. 🥲

Ekavya

TF Premier
Here in Kolkata, most of the orders used to be shipped from a nearby place called Howrah (The one where Howrah Bridge is located). But the Howrah Fulfilment Centre has been inoperational for the past one year. Hence most orders become ineligible for One-Day and Two-Day deliveries. Even the One-Day orders are dispatched from farther cities, like Lucknow, Delhi, Mumbai, Bengaluru, etc.

Also, around 8 days ago, I placed a Rush Delivery order, which was supposed to be delivered the same day. But it's been 8 days, and it has still not been shipped. None of their customer care representatives could cancel it. Not even issue the refund manually. Even their leadership team and the Executive-Customer Relations Team (ECR) couldn't help. Been contacting them every day for the past one week, yet no help has been provided.

Even in Flipkart, the cancellation process is very simple. But Amazon's cancellation process is a headache. Even when an order gets ready for packaging, they don't allow you to cancel orders. (Sometimes it happens even within 5 minutes after an order is placed.)

Really, day-by-day, my experience with Amazon has become traumatic. I have been their customer since 2013, and things started to go downhill since 2022 or so. Coincidentally, Jeff left the company same time around. And even their India MD, Amit Agarwal, moved to the US around the same time. I don't think these things can be coincidences about their service going downhill.
I ordered a chair but couldn't cancel it as it was in advanced shipping stage. After it was shipped I cancelled it . But till now I haven't got any refund. Contacted customer care multiple times - they told that they are issuing the refund multiple times. But still I haven't got the refund. Don't know what to do. (It's almost 30 days). Amazon is becoming worse day by day.

Hemang

TF Premier
i got this below reply from amazon help agent -

Please note, if you do not have enough balance to complete a transaction, you will not be able to combine it with another payment instrument (e.g., card, UPI, APL, and so on) to complete the transaction. Please use " Add Money" option to add the difference amount before completing the transaction using balance. This change has been recently implemented as per internal Amazon guidelines.

#aniket

TF Ace
I ordered a chair but couldn't cancel it as it was in advanced shipping stage. After it was shipped I cancelled it . But till now I haven't got any refund. Contacted customer care multiple times - they told that they are issuing the refund multiple times. But still I haven't got the refund. Don't know what to do. (It's almost 30 days). Amazon is becoming worse day by day.
Which payment mode was used by you?
Refund is issued automatically na? Then whyare you not getting your refund, don't know, not expected from Amazon atleast?

File a chargeback with your bank. Give supporting documents.

CosmicCat

TF Ace
Amazon is becoming worse day by day.
Exactly! Although the order cancellation process has always been painful with Amazon even after 10 years since they entered the Indian market, but of late, it has become worse!

For instance, the Rush Delivery of my recent order (Amount is around ₹900) was supposed to be delivered on 13th May 12-4 PM. But for some reasons, it wasn't delivered on the chosen slot. It was never even shipped.

Talked to several leadership team members many times (Amazon calls the Level-2 Support as the Leadership team). None of them could cancel it!

On 14th May, one of the representatives even tried to contact their Shipping team to cancel it from their end and confirmed that it was cancelled successfully, but it still hasn't been cancelled. So, did they lie on my face?

Even on Sunday, 19th May, they registered a complaint again with the backend team who asked me to wait for 72 hrs more again. 😑

Frustratingly, escalated the issue to their Executive-Customer Relations (ECR) team on 20th May. And they called me up yesterday, 22nd May, to discuss on this.

And guess what?

He asked me to wait for 72 hours again claiming that the order is stuck and so refund can't be issued manually.

It reminded me of Sunny Deol's dialog from Ghatak: "Tareek pe Tareek! Tareek pe tareek!"

I've had instances wherein Amazon had refunded me for orders without asking me to return them back. And this order was also not of larger amount. But this time the issue was solely theirs and the order wasn't even shipped.

Ideally, the ECR team could issue the refund directly given that I had already contacted their team many times for the past 8 days, who had also raised internal tickets many times.

Even Flipkart initiates the refund immediately after an order is cancelled even if it's shipped already! (Only if the terms don't mention 24-hour cancellation period). And cancellation has never been a pain with Flipkart.

Ekavya

TF Premier
Which payment mode was used by you?
Refund is issued automatically na? Then whyare you not getting your refund, don't know, not expected from Amazon atleast?

File a chargeback with your bank. Give supporting documents.
Amazon Pay ICICI Credit card

#aniket

TF Ace
Amazon Pay ICICI Credit card
Go ahead file a chargeback, dispute the txn on the ground of cancellation; non delivery, asked ICICI that you haven't received refund even after contacting the merchant; Amazon time and again.

If you have no hope with Amazon and mentally exhausted.

Ekavya

TF Premier
Go ahead file a chargeback, dispute the txn on the ground of cancellation; non delivery, asked ICICI that you haven't received refund even after contacting the merchant; Amazon time and again.

If you have no hope with Amazon and mentally exhausted.
I asked ICICI about the issue they told me that the merchant hadn't issued the refund and adviced me to contact them.

#aniket

TF Ace
I asked ICICI about the issue they told me that the merchant hadn't issued the refund and adviced me to contact them.
That's why I asked to file a chargeback with ICICI citing you have contacted merchant several times, but merchant is not issuing refund, 30 days has completed.

doraemon

TF Legend
I guess even 'rich' Indians can be extremely retarded. Yes Meesho and Flipkart are trash and sell extremely low quality one time use chinese garbage but buying from Amazon does not signify being rich, I'd actually say it is the opposite since luxury/premium goods are not even sold on Amazon. If you think buying from Amazon means you are rich then you most definitely can't comprehend what it means to truly be rich.
Had looted shopsy by flipkart
When they were new and there used to be 1rs sales

I bought around 300+ items worth ₹1 each with free delivery
Delivery unkil knows me by name now!

Notable ones are spatula,charging cable,phone holder,screen guard, knife,scissor etc