• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Amazon stops allowing combining Amazon Pay balance with any other payment method

CosmicCat

TF Ace
This is big!

Now you can no longer combine your Amazon Pay balance along with another payment method to make a payment on Amazon!

This policy is currently rolled out in batches.
1000053339.jpg

If you want to use it with any other payment method, you get the "Insufficient balance" error now:
1000053341.jpg

Suppose you want to pay for a ₹2500 order, and you have a ₹500 Amazon Pay balance. Earlier you could pay with your credit card and get applicable rewards on the remainder balance, which in this case is ₹2000. But, now you have to add whole ₹2000 amount to Amazon Wallet in order to use up your Amazon Pay balance.

This is really shocking, and Amazon is shooting themselves on the foot with this move.

I hope this move is temporary in order to save themselves from RBI's bamboos, as the usage of Amazon Pay balance has increased widely, and RBI is notorious for taking away everyone's happiness for strange reasons.

Last edited:

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
This is big!

Now you can no longer combine your Amazon Pay balance along with another payment method to make a payment on Amazon!

1000053339.jpg

If you want to use it with any other payment method, you get the "Insufficient balance" error now:
1000053341.jpg

Suppose you want to pay for a ₹2500 order, and you have a ₹500 Amazon Pay balance. Earlier you could pay with your credit card and get applicable rewards on the remainder balance, which in this case is ₹2000. But, now you have to add whole ₹2000 amount to Amazon Wallet in order to use up your Amazon Pay balance.

This is really shocking, and Amazon is shooting themselves on the foot with this move.

I hope this move is temporary in order to save themselves from RBI's bamboos, as the usage of Amazon Pay balance has increased widely, and RBI is notorious for taking away everyone's happiness for strange reasons.
Last month I did a purchase with partial APay balance and partial Apay CC.. it went thru well.. let me check now

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Nice. But as mentioned in their Help article, this policy would be made available in all the accounts in the next few days.
For me personally, it doesn't concern me as mostly I have more than required amount for each order ... I rarely combine the payment methods..
Yes, for larger audience it will impact...

CosmicCat

TF Ace
For me personally, it doesn't concern me as mostly I have more than required amoun for each order ... I rarely combine the payment methods..
Yes, for larger audience it will impact...
But how much reward do you get for each order though?

I have the ICICI Amazon Pay credit card, and I used to get 5% cashback for the remainder balance, and the amount in the Amazon Pay balance used to act as a "discount." But now this Wallet balance feels useless to me, as I don't use it outside of Amazon. Moreover, its top-up doesn't earn rewards either. 🥲

Infamous

TF Premier
VIP Lounge

I have the ICICI Amazon Pay credit card, and I used to get 5% cashback for the remainder balance, and the amount in the Amazon Pay balance used to act as a "discount." But now this Wallet balance feels useless to me, as I don't use it outside of Amazon. Moreover, its top-up doesn't earn rewards either. 🥲
You mean Amazon wallet top ups don't earn rewards?

Reactions: AxT

its_karan

TF Ace
This is big!

1000053339.jpg

1000053341.jpg

This also effects the Combo of Rupay Platinum + Wallet Balance loaded through CC

@ritwik2000 Have mentioned this today in the Rupay thread

Another -ve news

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge

I am not a KYC customer of Amazon..
All my APAY balance is from GVs which are reasonably discounted from elsewhere, so o issues for me..

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Well this sucks, didn't really see a need for this, now it becomes a game to wait for cashbacks to accrue for making any purchases.
Yes, they want to make more purchases to accumulate more AGV balance to make a purchase..
Clever AMZN...
THis has to happen... They sucked us into their system and now they started plugging the gaps..

AMZN is struggling to make money from Indian markets.. so they started tightening the screws a bit