• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Amazon stops allowing combining Amazon Pay balance with any other payment method

newinnov

TF Premier
thats why they say YMMV ...
Dont aske who are THEY... ;)
Yes, experiences are subjective. Even Amazon CS response is dependent on customer profile. You may never know when one innocent return may taint your profile.
I remember my last experience, CS was talking pessimistically when I described my issue, but once he opened my amazon profile his tone changed. I just wish to know how they rank/algo...

cardio_guy

TF Ace
Here in Kolkata, most of the orders used to be shipped from a nearby place called Howrah (The one where Howrah Bridge is located). But the Howrah Fulfilment Centre has been inoperational for the past one year. Hence most orders become ineligible for One-Day and Two-Day deliveries. Even the One-Day orders are dispatched from farther cities, like Lucknow, Delhi, Mumbai, Bengaluru, etc.

Also, around 8 days ago, I placed a Rush Delivery order, which was supposed to be delivered the same day. But it's been 8 days, and it has still not been shipped. None of their customer care representatives could cancel it. Not even issue the refund manually. Even their leadership team and the Executive-Customer Relations Team (ECR) couldn't help. Been contacting them every day for the past one week, yet no help has been provided.

Even in Flipkart, the cancellation process is very simple. But Amazon's cancellation process is a headache. Even when an order gets ready for packaging, they don't allow you to cancel orders. (Sometimes it happens even within 5 minutes after an order is placed.)

Really, day-by-day, my experience with Amazon has become traumatic. I have been their customer since 2013, and things started to go downhill since 2022 or so. Coincidentally, Jeff left the company same time around. And even their India MD, Amit Agarwal, moved to the US around the same time. I don't think these things can be coincidences about their service going downhill.
+1. I have been a very loyal Amazon customer since 2016 times. The ecosystem and process is known to me. I find it very easy to purchase from Amazon, and I know how things work during the purchase and return process.
Most people stick to Amazon only because of the so-called "Amazon Quality". Reliability is one thing that made it stand apart.

Now that Amazon is coming up with all these kinds of restrictions, others will also follow it very soon.
The golden days of online shopping and offer-mania are slowly dying.

tekina

TF Select
Here in Kolkata, most of the orders used to be shipped from a nearby place called Howrah (The one where Howrah Bridge is located). But the Howrah Fulfilment Centre has been inoperational for the past one year. Hence most orders become ineligible for One-Day and Two-Day deliveries. Even the One-Day orders are dispatched from farther cities, like Lucknow, Delhi, Mumbai, Bengaluru, etc.

Also, around 8 days ago, I placed a Rush Delivery order, which was supposed to be delivered the same day. But it's been 8 days, and it has still not been shipped. None of their customer care representatives could cancel it. Not even issue the refund manually. Even their leadership team and the Executive-Customer Relations Team (ECR) couldn't help. Been contacting them every day for the past one week, yet no help has been provided.

Even in Flipkart, the cancellation process is very simple. But Amazon's cancellation process is a headache. Even when an order gets ready for packaging, they don't allow you to cancel orders. (Sometimes it happens even within 5 minutes after an order is placed.)

Really, day-by-day, my experience with Amazon has become traumatic. I have been their customer since 2013, and things started to go downhill since 2022 or so. Coincidentally, Jeff left the company same time around. And even their India MD, Amit Agarwal, moved to the US around the same time. I don't think these things can be coincidences about their service going downhill.
I hope you never get fucked over by Flipkart. You will have a cosmic U-turn in your opinions about Amazon then.

Last month I did a purchase with partial APay balance and partial Apay CC.. it went thru well.. let me check now

purchases are allowed and will be

this is happening in my account since February and a family account got the same restrictions in April

asm07

TF Buzz
This is big!

Now you can no longer combine your Amazon Pay balance along with another payment method to make a payment on Amazon!

This policy is currently rolled out in batches.
1000053339.jpg

If you want to use it with any other payment method, you get the "Insufficient balance" error now:
1000053341.jpg

Suppose you want to pay for a ₹2500 order, and you have a ₹500 Amazon Pay balance. Earlier you could pay with your credit card and get applicable rewards on the remainder balance, which in this case is ₹2000. But, now you have to add whole ₹2000 amount to Amazon Wallet in order to use up your Amazon Pay balance.

This is really shocking, and Amazon is shooting themselves on the foot with this move.

I hope this move is temporary in order to save themselves from RBI's bamboos, as the usage of Amazon Pay balance has increased widely, and RBI is notorious for taking away everyone's happiness for strange reasons.
This happens only with bill payment and recharges. I noticed this around 4-5 months ago, asked some of my friends they also confirmed. Then I asked amazon, firstly they were unaware of the change but later they also confirmed. In orders it works but not in bill payments, recharges anymore.

Edit - Checked today and yes, I can't combine it for shopping orders as well anymore. Yesterday I ordered it was working but not anymore. Disappointing change from Amazon.

Last edited:

Riya Sharma

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I had moved to FK about 3 to 4 years ago…
From 2015 to 2020 I was a heavy , heavy amzn customer… later I found that FK got really improved after Walmart takeover.. since then my major purchases are from FK…
FK had improved a lot from it’s almost fraudulent business practices in the initial stages.. they are run much better these days..
Where as AMZN crash landed from really good customer centric company to quite an ordinary company these days…
Flipkart is trash. Even their website is aids. It gives me the same vibe as those aliexpress/meesho websites.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Flipkart is trash. Even their website is aids. It gives me the same vibe as those aliexpress/meesho websites.
The more and more I think about this particular issue, I think region is playing a big factor…
Okay let’s do some analysis…

Where are you from from the perspective of FK services??

Last edited:

CosmicCat

TF Ace
This happens only with bill payment and recharges. I noticed this around 4-5 months ago, asked some of my friends they also confirmed. Then I asked amazon, firstly they were unaware of the change but later they also confirmed. In orders it works but not in bill payments, recharges anymore.
As explained before, this policy is currently being rolled out in batches, and affects shopping orders as well; not just bill payments and recharges.

Currently, if this policy hasn't been applied to your account for shopping orders, then it would be made applicable soon in the future. Refer to the third FAQ in the screenshot of my original post.

In my case, this policy was applied to my account on this Sunday. They started to apply this policy for the shopping orders for many users very recently.

Reactions: SSV

techt

TF Legend
This is an universal place holder…you can fill it with any variable you want
Like a tumbler 🥃, any juice can be poured into it.
Homer Simpson Reaction GIF