• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Accor Plus Membership Purchase : The Do's and Don'ts for Maximizing Your Benefits. | Hand on purchase experience

Paras

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I have 15k points but unable to book as points optoon not showing for Ibis goa
Thats fine, you can email their reservations and tell that you want to book and would be selling via points, they will give you a confirmation.thats all you need.
I also book without point but during checking tell them that you would use points and during checkout tell them to generate otp/voucher code to consume via points instead of cc.

Paras

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Since this thread has lot more details on Accor I would want to highlight that even though we pay with accor points to book hotels, Tax is extra and has to be paid in Cash only. More details here.

https://www.technofino.in/community...sfer-partners-added-to-axis.10173/post-187751

Not completely true.

1. If you pay by point during reservation on Accor, then this limitation is there.
2. If you make reservation by calling theirs reservation number,then this limitation is not there.
3. I also tried third way just 4 days back. Made reservation without point using CC guarantee but during checkout paid entire bill including tax , using points only ,in one of the property in India

Harry1

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
Not completely true.

1. If you pay by point during reservation on Accor, then this limitation is there.
2. If you make reservation by calling theirs reservation number,then this limitation is not there.
3. I also tried third way just 4 days back. Made reservation without point using CC guarantee but during checkout paid entire bill including tax , using points only ,in one of the property in India
Can I pay for say 7200 using 4000 point online and then remaining amount plus taxes totalling 1800 at hotel again using 1000 points?

Wealth is my birth right!

TF Prestige
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Not completely true.

Hope the property accepts partial points too I mean I was told by one of my regular ibis that I can pay min 1000 points and multiples of 1000 points
I can’t play with points since that booking was made by my friend by booking.com and hotel said that only Accor app booked things only we can pay by points

Itsrajeev

TF Buzz
1. Yes via points.( Details on above thread)
2. Used night plus stay for one of my booking so already recovered 80% cost of membership.
3. Choose the voucher for city where I am planning my next vacation.
4. Will be consuming those free buffe and dinner voucher to cover remaining 20% cost infact it will gain aditional benfit as all those voucher will easily be able to save few thousands.
5. Booked paid night via mobile app 20% offer.

All of these above maximizing.

But again not just this,but any hotel membership is only benifits for people who goes for vacations atleast 2/3 times a year.
And not other way round that just because you are purchasing, thus you have to go.
taxes can be paid by accor points ???

CVR

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
When do accor points expire once we transfer? And do activity like redeeming points or transfering more points increase the validity (like marriott bonvoy)?

Paras

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Are the rates different in these 3 scenarios? @Paras
Which is the best option?
Booking made through app are cheapest and that too is ongoing and offer called "App Member" discount which is for "room only".

Would suggest to go for that and add breakfast aditionally in app during booking,thats cheapest.( Infact add breakfast as thats discounted rate for breakfast otherwise it will be costly at property)

However in this case only point redumption can only be done during checkout, thus e-mail that specific property and ask if they accept Accor points in settlement.( Which 99% they will do).

Otherwise go with normal room+ breakfast booking from either app or reservation call centre.

jack333

TF Prestige
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Booking made through app are cheapest and that too is ongoing and offer called "App Member" discount which is for "room only".

Would suggest to go for that and add breakfast aditionally in app during booking,thats cheapest.( Infact add breakfast as thats discounted rate for breakfast otherwise it will be costly at property)

However in this case only point redumption can only be done during checkout, thus e-mail that specific property and ask if they accept Accor points in settlement.( Which 99% they will do).

Otherwise go with normal room+ breakfast booking from either app or reservation call centre.
Thanks bro for the detailed info