• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Accor Plus Membership Purchase : The Do's and Don'ts for Maximizing Your Benefits. | Hand on purchase experience

Paras

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Greetings!

Lately, many hotel membership programs have been talked about such as Accor Plus, Taj, and ITC. In this post, we will focus on my experience of buying the Accor Plus membership program and share some tips to consider before purchasing it.

As I wanted to purchase it using Accor points , thus ,
1. Firstly, I signed up on https://all.accor.com/ and transferred 15,000 points.
2. After this, I logged in using the same credentials on https://www.accorplus.com/ and bought the membership with 12,000 Accor points that I had in my account already.

Please note that if you plan to buy the membership using your credit card, you can directly visit https://www.accorplus.com/ and purchase it using INR 13500 (current offer).

When I purchased the membership, my existing account was directly upgraded to Accor Plus with silver status and additional benefits, including the remaining 3,000 points in my account. But it's important to note that when you do so, your membership number changes, and the old classic number gets deactivated. Thus, if you have any pending points transfer requests that are not yet credited, don't purchase it until the points are credited.

There are three types of vouchers available:
1.regional (city-specific)
2.pan India.
3. Asia-specific vouchers.

The first type of voucher (regional) can significantly affect the value of the voucher and membership.
For instance, if one's city does not have any Accor property, it would be better to opt for a voucher for the city they are planning to visit. Choosing the right city can make a difference in terms of the voucher's value.

For instance,
a regional voucher for Delhi contains various dining vouchers, including free dining vouchers for Ibis Golf Course Road, which is 30-40 minutes away from the airport.
It may not be worth traveling and spending money on a taxi to redeem this voucher.
However, the voucher also includes a room for two adults and two children in Pullman/Novotel for only 5500 INR, including breakfast. This is a great deal as the flexible rates for this are usually between 10K to 13K INR.

On the other hand, if one has a voucher for Goa,
they would miss out on the 5500 INR deal but could easily redeem various lunch and buffet vouchers for Novotel in Calangute, which is a location that they would likely visit while in Goa.

It is important to note that there may be additional vouchers such as birthday cake that may not be useful if one cannot use them in their current city or while visiting another city. Therefore, choosing the right regional voucher depends on one's plans.

However, Accor Plus website does not have an option to choose a regional voucher. So, before purchasing the membership, I raised a query on Accor Plus, and their sales team reached out to me. They informed me that they could help me with specific region vouchers. However, if I purchased via the sales channel, I could not pay by points, but by card only. Therefore, I purchased it myself via the website.

After purchasing the membership, I reached out to membership support to help me set the region for my voucher as Delhi. However, as with all customer care, it depends on where your call landed and how efficient the person is. So, the executive told me that they would see if this was possible or not and let me know in a day or two. This left me uncertain about which city I would get a voucher for.

Wait ? What ?

So now , I endup purchasing membership and dont know for which city I will get voucher ? If they endup giving any random city neat to my location , then It will be hard to reddem Region specific vouchers, because then you have to travel specifically to get them redeemed. And all above things about diffrent region has diffrent type of coucher then your plans goes for a toss.

So , I ended up escalating the issue , as their sales team earlier mentioned that they can help me with specific Location voucher and after that I received a call from them and they make their arrangements to get me vouchers for Delhi.

In conclusion, it's essential to consider the type of voucher, the region, and the value of money before purchasing the Accor Plus membership program.

Here are some recommendations for purchasing Accor Plus:
Dos:
1. If you plan to buy Accor Plus using your credit card and want specific regional vouchers, it is advisable to use the sales channel. You will have a dedicated person who can assist you with regional voucher-related queries.

2. While using the sales channel,Request them to email you the highlighted terms and conditions, including regional voucher details, for the specific location before making the purchase.

3. If you plan to purchase Accor Plus using your points, transfer 12K points to all.accor.com, and only purchase the membership once the transfer is complete. If you are looking for specific region vouchers, raise a case with Accor before making the purchase.

4. Since Stay Plus night is based on availability, it is recommended to purchase the membership at least 1-2 months in advance to have more options and properties available.

5.Night plus stay benefit reflects in app , immediately as soon as we purchase membership , but that nigh plus stay is not available in all properties And also , that is like a reward night , thus In most if the premium properties , you will need to book alt east 1 month in advance for night plus , so again , if you are planning to purhcase this memberhip , consider the points that you should plan it at least 2 months prior to your vacation plans.

Don'ts:

1. Don't wait until the last moment to purchase Accor Plus.

2. While choosing regions, compare and select the ones where you plan to travel to maximize your benefits from regional vouchers.

3. Keep in mind that Stay Plus night is not available at all properties.

4. Since the vouchers come physically, purchase the membership at least two months before you plan to use it , as The voucher kits arrived in physical form , thus it may take 2-3 week for it to get delivered.

5. As delhi contained that 5500 INR voucher , thus untill i dont get that voucher , I can not redeem it.I asked them to email that voucher , but was not knowing that that voucher has cool down period of 1 month, so even if i get it , I can not book any room using this voucher within 30 days of purchase. So agins , purchasing membership 1-2 month prior is the key.

Lastly, here are some additional points to consider:

Is Accor Plus worth it?
Yes, it is. With the current 12K points/13.5K INR, you can easily get the most value. For example, booking a night plust stay room in Pullman New Delhi or Novotel Goa alone will cover the membership cost, and you will still receive many other vouchers.

How is Accor membership support ?
(*After escalation) the support provided was excellent, and I would rate it 5/5.

Last edited:

Wealth is my birth right!

TF Prestige
VIP Lounge
Greetings!

Lately, many hotel membership programs have been talked about such as Accor Plus, Taj, and ITC. In this post, we will focus on my experience of buying the Accor Plus membership program and share some tips to consider before purchasing it.

1. Firstly, I signed up on https://all.accor.com/ and transferred 15,000 points.
2. After this, I logged in using the same credentials on https://www.accorplus.com/ and bought the membership with 12,000 Accor points that I had in my account already.

Please note that if you plan to buy the membership using your credit card, you can directly visit https://www.accorplus.com/ and purchase it using INR 13500 (current offer).

When I purchased the membership, my existing account was directly upgraded to Accor Plus with silver status and additional benefits, including the remaining 3,000 points in my account. But it's important to note that when you do so, your membership number changes, and the old classic number gets deactivated. Thus, if you have any pending points transfer requests that are not yet credited, don't purchase it until the points are credited.

2.pan India.

The first type of voucher (regional) can significantly affect the value of the voucher and membership.
For instance, if one's city does not have any Accor property, it would be better to opt for a voucher for the city they are planning to visit. Choosing the right city can make a difference in terms of the voucher's value.

For instance,
a regional voucher for Delhi contains various dining vouchers, including free dining vouchers for Ibis Golf Course Road, which is 30-40 minutes away from the airport.
It may not be worth traveling and spending money on a taxi to redeem this voucher.
However, the voucher also includes a room for two adults and two children in Pullman/Novotel for only 5500 INR, including breakfast. This is a great deal as the flexible rates for this are usually between 10K to 13K INR.

they would miss out on the 5500 INR deal but could easily redeem various lunch and buffet vouchers for Novotel in Calangute, which is a location that they would likely visit while in Goa.

It is important to note that there may be additional vouchers such as birthday cake that may not be useful if one cannot use them in their current city or while visiting another city. Therefore, choosing the right regional voucher depends on one's plans.

However, Accor Plus website does not have an option to choose a regional voucher. So, before purchasing the membership, I raised a query on Accor Plus, and their sales team reached out to me. They informed me that they could help me with specific region vouchers. However, if I purchased via the sales channel, I could not pay by points, but by card only. Therefore, I purchased it myself via the website.

After purchasing the membership, I reached out to membership support to help me set the region for my voucher as Delhi. However, as with all customer care, it depends on where your call landed and how efficient the person is. So, the executive told me that they would see if this was possible or not and let me know in a day or two. This left me uncertain about which city I would get a voucher for.

Wait ? What ?

So now , I endup purchasing membership and dont know for which city I will get voucher ? If they endup giving any random city neat to my location , then It will be hard to reddem Region specific vouchers, because then you have to travel specifically to get them redeemed. And all above things about diffrent region has diffrent type of coucher then your plans goes for a toss.

So , I ended up escalating the issue , as their sales team earlier mentioned that they can help me with specific Location voucher and after that I received a call from them and they make their arrangements to get me vouchers for Delhi.

In conclusion, it's essential to consider the type of voucher, the region, and the value of money before purchasing the Accor Plus membership program.

Dos:
1. If you plan to buy Accor Plus using your credit card and want specific regional vouchers, it is advisable to use the sales channel. You will have a dedicated person who can assist you with regional voucher-related queries.

2. While using the sales channel,Request them to email you the highlighted terms and conditions, including regional voucher details, for the specific location before making the purchase.

3. If you plan to purchase Accor Plus using your points, transfer 12K points to all.accor.com, and only purchase the membership once the transfer is complete. If you are looking for specific region vouchers, raise a case with Accor before making the purchase.

4. Since Stay Plus night is based on availability, it is recommended to purchase the membership at least 1-2 months in advance to have more options and properties available.

5.Night plus stay benefit reflects in app , immediately as soon as we purchase membership , but that nigh plus stay is not available in all properties And also , that is like a reward night , thus In most if the premium properties , you will need to book alt east 1 month in advance for night plus , so again , if you are planning to purhcase this memberhip , consider the points that you should plan it at least 2 months prior to your vacation plans.

Don'ts:

2. While choosing regions, compare and select the ones where you plan to travel to maximize your benefits from regional vouchers.

4. Since the vouchers come physically, purchase the membership at least two months before you plan to use it , as The voucher kits arrived in physical form , thus it may take 2-3 week for it to get delivered.

5. As delhi contained that 5500 INR voucher , thus untill i dont get that voucher , I can not redeem it.I asked them to email that voucher , but was not knowing that that voucher has cool down period of 1 month, so even if i get it , I can not book any room using this voucher within 30 days of purchase. So agins , purchasing membership 1-2 month prior is the key.

Is Accor Plus worth it?
Yes, it is. With the current 12K points/13.5K INR, you can easily get the most value. For example, booking a night plust stay room in Pullman New Delhi or Novotel Goa alone will cover the membership cost, and you will still receive many other vouchers.

(*After escalation) the support provided was excellent, and I would rate it 5/5.
Superb explanation about all the plus minus of any loyalty membership:)
Thanks a lot👍

NeerajNegi

TF Premier
Room terrific discount are :
1. 5% for classic ( free ).
2. 10% for silver.

But here is a special trick :
Aditional 5-10% for mobile app thus if you book via mobile app then discount are:
1. Total 10% for classic.
2. Total 20% for silver.
seems mobile discount is 10% not sure if its clubbed with 10% silver also not sure if it would be 10% if you already getting 10% from silver
What are your thoughts

Paras

TF Select
VIP Lounge
seems mobile discount is 10% not sure if its clubbed with 10% silver also not sure if it would be 10% if you already getting 10% from silver
What are your thoughts
When I was classic till 10 days back, on mobile it shows 10% while on web it was 5%.

Since I upgrade to silver, on mobile its now 20% And on web its 10%.

Also please note this offer is on Room rate option only not on flexible (including breakfast) .

But if here is the magic:
If you choose ,just room only which gives you 20% and then in next step add breakfast for 2 then total amount is still cheaper than what you will see if you opt for flexible breakfast+ room.

So why not choose the room only and add breakfast to get aditional discount on app.

Screenshot_20230416_201838_Accor All.jpg

NeerajNegi

TF Premier
When I was classic till 10 days back, on mobile it shows 10% while on web it was 5%.

Since I upgrade to silver, on mobile its now 20% And on web its 10%.

Also please note this offer is on Room rate option only not on flexible (including breakfast) .

But if here is the magic:
If you choose ,just room only which gives you 20% and then in next step add breakfast for 2 then total amount is still cheaper than what you will see if you opt for flexible breakfast+ room.

So why not choose the room only and add breakfast to get aditional discount on app.

Screenshot_20230416_201838_Accor All.jpg
Great info , How did you buy accor membership is it using points ?
Also how's your experience like maximizing the accor membership or we say ROI

Paras

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Great info , How did you buy accor membership is it using points ?
Also how's your experience like maximizing the accor membership or we say ROI
1. Yes via points.( Details on above thread)
2. Used night plus stay for one of my booking so already recovered 80% cost of membership.
3. Choose the voucher for city where I am planning my next vacation.
4. Will be consuming those free buffe and dinner voucher to cover remaining 20% cost infact it will gain aditional benfit as all those voucher will easily be able to save few thousands.
5. Booked paid night via mobile app 20% offer.

All of these above maximizing.

But again not just this,but any hotel membership is only benifits for people who goes for vacations atleast 2/3 times a year.
And not other way round that just because you are purchasing, thus you have to go.

Sabyasachi

TF Buzz
As you said after buying Accor Plus membership, your membership number changed. so we have to add new membership number in axis edge portal for transfer points to Accor after that?

Paras

TF Select
VIP Lounge
As you said after buying Accor Plus membership, your membership number changed. so we have to add new membership number in axis edge portal for transfer points to Accor after that?
Yes, because if you will try will old number then it will fail in few minutes and u will get your edge points refunded.
So link new number and make transfer.

jetmix

TF Buzz
Room terrific discount are :
1. 5% for classic ( free ).
2. 10% for silver.

But here is a special trick :
Aditional 5-10% for mobile app thus if you book via mobile app then discount are:
1. Total 10% for classic.
2. Total 20% for silver.
Please share App details.

anirban.choudhury

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Greetings!

2.pan India.

For instance,

Wait ? What ?

Dos:

Don'ts:

Is Accor Plus worth it?

Neat
Thanks for the detailed explanation.
I am planning to take this membership , but I might also take Reserve , I think which comes with this membership

sourpai

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Thanks for great info.

I purchased Accor plus membership in the month of November as I had Singapore visit planned for Dec / Jan time. Singapore has lot of properties with Accor plus. I paid with card for Accor plus explorer with one free night

When I entered the details location as Bangalore, I got lot of Bangalore vouchers (Novotel+ Grand Mercure + ibis) + Mysuru vouchers (Grand Mercure) + Kochi Novotel infopark vouchers + some Goa Novotel food vouchers

Some of these vouchers are useless as they are applicable if you are dining with 6+ members. But some vouchers are really useful (like free lunches / Dinners in Bangalore properties etc, and free / discounted spa at Tatva spa)

Best part is the free night stay. I used this for Swissotel Singapore and value of free night I received itself is far more than price I paid for membership. However, lot of times for booking Singapore properties, it gives message that stay plus is not available. You need to keep checking and once in a while it appears. You need to be quick in booking it once it shows.

Paras

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Since you're an Accor Plus member, you can avail a 50% discount at the property's restaurant. So, it would be better to pay directly for breakfast at the property rather than buying it online. You can even use your points to pay for it at the property.
Yes , did the same , did not book breakfast as I will have those discount as well as additional regional vouchers.
But told others in case if they are not Accor plus.

tsj49

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Very informative !!! Can we buy Accor Plus Traveller Membership also using points?