• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Accor - Red Hot Rooms and Accor Plus

moriarty

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Hi.

Most of us know that Accor Points are only redeemable for flexible rates only. However, I have heard on a Twitter space that there is a way to redeem points even for the Red Hot Rooms and Accor Plus (20% off through the app) rates.

Can anyone on this forum shed more light on it?

Thomas244

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hi I am new to Accor can u please she some light on the limitations of Accor plus. From ur question I assume we can’t pay via points

Guessboy

TF Buzz
RML Group
VIP Lounge
+1 I’m in the same boat here. I have a few international trips coming up and want to book the discounted rates on the Accor app but all of these show up as prepaid rates. Not sure how to use points. I’m thinking of calling up the customer care and try booking from there.

moriarty

TF Select
VIP Lounge
+1 I’m in the same boat here. I have a few international trips coming up and want to book the discounted rates on the Accor app but all of these show up as prepaid rates. Not sure how to use points. I’m thinking of calling up the customer care and try booking from there.
Please share your final outcome here as well.

moneyMaker

TF Ace
Contributor
RML Group
Hi.

Most of us know that Accor Points are only redeemable for flexible rates only. However, I have heard on a Twitter space that there is a way to redeem points even for the Red Hot Rooms and Accor Plus (20% off through the app) rates.

Can anyone on this forum shed more light on it?
which twitter space? what are some must have twitter follows for such things, finance etc?

Guessboy

TF Buzz
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Please share your final outcome here as well.
So I spoke with two reps today over phone.
First one said he will book a flexible rate and then I would have to call up the hotel and change to the lower non refundable rate and ask them to use my points. So basically hotel discretion. Sounded bogus so I called again.
The second rep said she can book me on the lower rate using points once I have the points in my account. So I will have to transfer points and call again.

ashwinsid

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
First one said he will book a flexible rate and then I would have to call up the hotel and change to the lower non refundable rate and ask them to use my points. So basically hotel discretion. Sounded bogus so I called again.
The second rep said she can book me on the lower rate using points once I have the points in my account. So I will have to transfer points and call again.
Unless you have points in your account, the search and reservation page wont show option for points redemption. If you want to try it out, trasnfer 2000 points and then search again. You will see the points redemption option.

aditya001

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I have points in my account but still I don't see points redemption in the site, can you please share there customer care number

khaitan.rajesh29

TF Select
RML Group
VIP Lounge
I can see points redemption option in international accor hotels while booking online. However it doesn't show this option in Indian hotels when I had tried around 10 hotels in India. Do they not allow online redemption in India??

ak93

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I can see points redemption option in international accor hotels while booking online. However it doesn't show this option in Indian hotels when I had tried around 10 hotels in India. Do they not allow online redemption in India??
Did you check flexible room rate? Member rate or app rate doesn't have point redemption option online for most of Indian hotels.

xxScriptzxx

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Did you check flexible room rate? Member rate or app rate doesn't have point redemption option online for most of Indian hotels.
Is it possible to book member rate and pay using points during checkout ? Has someone tried this

ak93

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Is it possible to book member rate and pay using points during checkout ? Has someone tried this
Yes, go through other threads

khaitan.rajesh29

TF Select
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Yes, I had checked flexible rate option only in Mumbai, Delhi, Kolkata hotels but didn't get any option. I checked some international hotels like Sofitel Bali and it showed the option of payment by points.

pate

TF Select
Were you successful? I was told by rep red hot rooms can not be booked using points

chasni

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Any possibility of now accor devaluating points to inr conversion for India
I don't think so. Accor should already have a deal with axis regarding the value of ER points. So, the devaluation doesn't concern them.

Guessboy

TF Buzz
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Any possibility of now accor devaluating points to inr conversion for India
Accor has points pegged against the Euro not INR. They don’t have country or currency specific specific conversion. Changes at Axis end should not impact them.