• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis Magnus 50000 RPs in my magnus account. What to do before august 12th??

Sachs

TF Select
I have 50k odd edge RPs on my magnus card. I will be getting 25k in september and 25k in october. My card will complete one year on 30th september. Till date I have used my edge RPs only for CV points as I only knew vistara domestic flight as redemption option that is useful for me. Is there any other way I can redeem my edge RPs. Or should I just convert them now before august 12th?

I am also wondering whether I should close my magnus card before I get slapped with my renewal fee with no renewal benefits.....

Please help...

I have 50k odd edge RPs on my magnus card. I will be getting 25k in september and 25k in october. My card will complete one year on 30th september. Till date I have used my edge RPs only for CV points as I only knew vistara domestic flight as redemption option that is useful for me. Is there any other way I can redeem my edge RPs. Or should I just convert them now before august 12th?

I am also wondering whether I should close my magnus card before I get slapped with my renewal fee with no renewal benefits.....

Please help...
In my opinion you should claim your rp before 12th august and try to convince customer care to waive off this years fee and if they deny, just close the card. Because with 5:4 ratio you will get 10k airmiles with 50k rp and that is more than the fees amount 10k+gst.

yashendra2797

TF Select
Contributor
VIP Lounge
DEL-SIN first class is ~75k on SQ. You can transfer there if you plan on traveling soon, or try United where you can book multiple airlines and miles don’t expire.

For hotels Accor is the simplest for extracting value. 2000 points = EUR 40. You might find similar value with Marriott or ITC, but YMMV.

Venky

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
As some of the members guided me yesterday, Accor was the better option among others for Hotels and Turkish/United is the better option for Airline. Since you’ve 40k worth of either, make the most of it OR just hear me out, give it to me. 😂 jk

Magnus points, how to spend? this thread will get you those answers. @raji in Post #8 mentions where you should transfer your ER to the airline according to your future travel plans and the countries you’re interested in.
CV only if you only plan to travel domestically and on the safe side only in the next 6-8 months.

All FFPs have different points expiry times so see that before.

Now about keeping your card, we are unaware of your use case. But if you’ll be hitting the milestone at least 3-4 times a year, the card will pay for itself. Plus see how much the BMS, ED, M&G, and Unlimited access would be worth for you and then make the call.

Also, if you don’t achieve the milestone then don’t renew. Cause then the returns on this card are abysmal.

Last edited:

Please help...

What is happening on 12th August? The best thing to do would be to send me all your points well before 12/08.

Sachs

TF Select
As some of the members guided me yesterday, Accor was the better option among others for Hotels and Turkish/United is the better option for Airline. Since you’ve 40k worth of either, make the most of it OR just hear me out, give it to me. 😂 jk

Magnus points, how to spend? this thread will get you those answers. @raji in Post #8 mentions where you should transfer your ER to the airline according to your future travel plans and the countries you’re interested in.
CV only if you only plan to travel domestically and on the safe side only in the next 6-8 months.

All FFPs have different points expiry times so see that before.

Now about keeping your card, we are unaware of your use case. But if you’ll be hitting the milestone at least 3-4 times a year, the card will pay for itself. Plus see how much the BMS, ED, M&G, and Unlimited access would be worth for you and then make the call.

Also, if you don’t achieve the milestone then don’t renew. Cause then the returns on this card are abysmal.
What is ED, & M & G

ALOAK

TF Ace

Please help...
Trf it as 5:4 before it becomes 5:2.