• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

50 Lakh Cover for Rs 7,123/-. Too good to be true ?

tdot

TF Select
If it excludes your parents over 60 then May not be that great regardless in comparison to other insurers it’s pretty good deal

jack333

TF Legend
Contributor
VIP Lounge
When i posted about it in feb and April month in another thread, someone thought I'm an icici agent🤣. Now by itself it has got everyone's attention. The policy was actually launched in Dec last year.

Post in thread 'Acko Health Insurance - Unlimited cover with no waiting period!' https://www.technofino.in/community...cover-with-no-waiting-period.6209/post-132397

Post in thread 'Acko Health Insurance - Unlimited cover with no waiting period!' https://www.technofino.in/community...cover-with-no-waiting-period.6209/post-166060

kushhh

TF Ace
When i posted about it in feb and April month in another thread, someone thought I'm an icici agent🤣. Now by itself it has got everyone's attention

Post in thread 'Acko Health Insurance - Unlimited cover with no waiting period!' https://www.technofino.in/community...cover-with-no-waiting-period.6209/post-132397

Post in thread 'Acko Health Insurance - Unlimited cover with no waiting period!' https://www.technofino.in/community...cover-with-no-waiting-period.6209/post-166060
So if i get a icici cc , i can apply for this?

Max

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I had been a part of a similarly priced ICICI Group Insurance plan for my college alumni - the problem with such plans is, they can be withdrawn unilaterally by the insurer anytime, or pricing increased which is what happened in our case after 2 years (post COVID hit in Apr 2021). So be mindful of this fact, as any insurer can withdraw a plan anytime, just that likelihood is higher in such plans with promotional pricing.

Last edited:

krishc

TF Ace
I had been a part of a similarly priced ICICI Group Insurance plan for my college alumni - the problem with such plans is, they can be withdrawn unilaterally by the insurer anytime, which is what happened in our case after 2 years (post COVID hit in Apr 2021). So be mindful of this fact, as any insurer can withdraw a plan anytime, just that likelihood is higher in such plans with promotional pricing.
so it's quite possible after 2-3 years, they can start charging hefty amounts or when the person insured reaches 60 let's say

Reactions: Max

SoggypastA

TF Premier
If it excludes your parents over 60 then May not be that great regardless in comparison to other insurers it’s pretty good deal
Apologies for asking noob question but if parents turn 60 after taking policy then they can continued next year or not?

Apologies for asking noob question but if parents turn 60 after taking policy then they can continued next year or not?
Yes they can continue, just the premium increases.
There are premium increases in age brackets.
Like say 50-55 age - premium is 50k
55-60 - premium is 60k
60-65 - premium is 70k
All of this is random numbers but yeah premium increases a lot after you hit age 60, as risk of hospitalization increases a lot.

But do remember to take a policy which helps you in time and you don't need to fight/argue with insurance company in such critical times when family needs you.

beingmohit

TF Premier
when you say, "Service same as ICICI Lombard", do you mean poor, or do you mean good?

I apologize for asking too many questions 😅
I have had a bad experience with ICICI Lombard. So, I stay away from them no matter how cheap they are. Of course, there must be people who have no complaints from their service too.

beingmohit

TF Premier
Can you please elaborate?
I had opted for ICICI Lombard health insurance through Amex. I made some spending in a hospital that was not on their cashless network. When I submitted my reimbursement claim, they approved only 5% of the requested amount. I had to escalate the issue multiple times through Amex and directly to ICICI Lombard and follow up for months to finally get the desired reimbursement. Do note that I provided all the appropriate documents while submitting the claim. I did not submit any extra documents between their change of heart from 5% to the total amount. So, I guess they randomly decide to not provide complete reimbursement, unless someone decides to fight for it. After this incident, I decided to move to HDFC Ergo.

Bugs Bunny

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I had opted for ICICI Lombard health insurance through Amex. I made some spending in a hospital that was not on their cashless network. When I submitted my reimbursement claim, they approved only 5% of the requested amount. I had to escalate the issue multiple times through Amex and directly to ICICI Lombard and follow up for months to finally get the desired reimbursement. Do note that I provided all the appropriate documents while submitting the claim. I did not submit any extra documents between their change of heart from 5% to the total amount. So, I guess they randomly decide to not provide complete reimbursement, unless someone decides to fight for it. After this incident, I decided to move to HDFC Ergo.
thank you for throwing light I'll reconsider the decision

jack333

TF Legend
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Best is to go to cashless hospitals for any policy

krishc

TF Ace
I think this policy covers consumables also so no extra charges
yes, but not all
and I tried the both ppt and brochure
but couldn't find the information related to room rent capping and other kind of cappings, or any mention of co-pay for xyz cases
so that still itches
if there's no such cap or co-pay, the policy seems heavenly only

jack333

TF Legend
Contributor
VIP Lounge
There is no co pay and no room rent or icu limit in it. It also has unlimited reset option. But my bad consumables are not covered. There is a list of uncovered items like laundry tv charges and braces given in the pdf. Consumables are covered in care Health insurance but they charge extra for that. They even charge extra for unlimited reset but this policy doesn't