• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis Bank card gamers arrested by Ahmedabad Cyber Crime, did txns more than Rs 100 crores

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Sbi cb guys can't loot crores, as there is 5k monthly limit 🤦‍♂️.
If and when devaluation happens hope they reduce this monthly limit and don’t touch the 5%.
That would be massive blow to the competition

Last edited:

msankadi

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Ofcourse the scammers are ultimately to blame for the rotation... But question is

Axis kya so raha tha?

If robbers come to your house and you keep sleeping even when you have power to force them out anytime... Haven't you played a part in getting robbed?

Axis chose not to hire a good analytics team... Chose not to invest in system which can easily catch such repetitive behavior... Chose not to hire competent product team etc etc

Transpointer

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
They should leave this country as soon as they can if they already aren’t under arrest. I don’t understand why they didn’t already do this. Did they really think they were going to be able to do this forever?

Rajeev.Nakka

TF Buzz
If I am understanding this correctly, it's not like refund is coming to bank account, but JioMart's bug might be refunding the amount to card as new transaction (IMPS) instead of marking it as reversal/refund of original transaction, so axis must be treating this refund as payment to cc and not reversing reward points. So accused must have simply placed orders and cancelled them and would have accumulated reward points worth crores. Then he again must have used those rewards to buy gold coins.

PrinceHeart

TF Premier
Contributor
VIP Lounge
This has not happened in 1 day or 1 month. Cause there are fair usage limit per month for this type of transactions.

So ofcourse, the bank already knew what was going on.

After reading the whole story, i believe the only mistake these guys did was use cards in other people's names. And they did it too often.

Itni khushi bardast nahi huya unko.

moneyMaker

TF Ace
Contributor
RML Group
Cause there are fair usage limit per month for this type of transactio
They weren't smart enough, they could have fled the country pretty easily with that kind of money.

Jiomart is saying these guys defrauded them? How so?

Doesn't "bank defrauded the jiomart" makes more sense (MDR) ? And "individuals defrauded the banks".

P B R G

TF Ace
They weren't smart enough, they could have fled the country pretty easily with that kind of money.

Jiomart is saying these guys defrauded them? How so?

Doesn't "bank defrauded the jiomart" makes more sense (MDR) ? And "individuals defrauded the banks".
Reminds me of a situation, when someone finds a wallet, that person be like, 'I will keep the wallet with me. It's your fault that you dropped the wallet. I am not returning it.'

Edit : edited the comment to avoid any controversy.

Last edited: