• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

DCB Does Hdfc DCB gives rewards on education payements?

ragz

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hello CCGeeks,

I have an upcoming school fee payment for my kid and wanted to know if HDFC DCB will provide me reward points for this payment? Asking as school is charging 2% extra on CC payment.. I can use DCB as it'll give 3.3% return which will nullify the 2%extra charged by school. But I read somewhere that recently hdfc stopped giving points for rental and education payments. Though didn't find this info on hdfc official website for eduction payments. If someone can confirm that would be awesome.

Also on the same lines, could someone confine thst hdfc dcb offers reward points for making tuition/education fee payment through cred, freecharge etc?

And one last thing, are education and rental payments through DCB card counted towards monthly and milestone of 80k and 8 lakhs respectively??

It would be great if you folks can answer all 3 questions that would be really helpful

ragz

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I was unable to pay via DCB as it was not expected so I paid via tata neu infinity card and got the points.
Its been a week. Did you pay via DCB and got points?
Tried following apps - Paytm, Freecharge, Cred as only these apps give option to make payment under education mcc
Paytm - error on card details input page that Diners card is not accepted for education payment
Freecharge - error on card details input page that something went wrong (no clear info on why)
Cred - successfully able to make payment using education fee/tuition fee option.. charges were 1.65% I suppose and seems like I got the reward point for now as they are displayed in hdfc app as per my calculation.. but would be able to confirm post bill generation if rewards also reflect in the final bill or not

gurubhai

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Tried following apps - Paytm, Freecharge, Cred as only these apps give option to make payment under education mcc
Paytm - error on card details input page that Diners card is not accepted for education payment
Freecharge - error on card details input page that something went wrong (no clear info on why)
Cred - successfully able to make payment using education fee/tuition fee option.. charges were 1.65% I suppose and seems like I got the reward point for now as they are displayed in hdfc app as per my calculation.. but would be able to confirm post bill generation if rewards also reflect in the final bill or not
Thanks for the info.

jeevanreddy58

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I could not pay bill using DCB. Saying card not supported.
Selected School payments and then entered school UPI as school not listed on given list. 1.65% charge on cc. But DCB not supported for me.

ragz

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
What's the alternative platform left now where we can pay fees using dcb? Cred is unfortunately not accepting dcb, that's yes the correct case. @Raun @jeevanreddy58 @ragz
Try housing.com app
Use my invite code "2f6k6" while making your first payment to get instant discount up to ₹300. 💸
Install the app by clicking here ➡️ https://bit.ly/3TtitEt & select “Pay on Credit” on the first screen. Hurry up, the link expires soon ⏰

wncjs

TF Buzz
Try housing.com app
Use my invite code "2f6k6" while making your first payment to get instant discount up to ₹300. 💸
Install the app by clicking here ➡️ https://bit.ly/3TtitEt & select “Pay on Credit” on the first screen. Hurry up, the link expires soon ⏰
This is too expensive for dcb like @Raun mentioned above, any other cheaper app option available? @ragz

Also what's the mcc on housing.com for fee payment?

virtuoso

TF Buzz
Do we get reward points on making NPS (National Pension Scheme) payments with DCB?

I read somewhere that we get points upto 5k a month on govt payments but I don't see points reflecting in my HDFC app

I'm in the same boat. DCB is not accepted on my school's platform (ICICI eazyPay) for education fee payment. Will paying through payzapp card (because it's a VISA card) fetch DCB rewards? Or will it be treated as wallet load?