• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Does HDFC DCB give reward points on insurance premium payments?

srichaitanya

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
If not, suggest any other credit card which still gives rewards on insurance premium payments

I'm not talking about paying through amazon via amazonpay or paying through amazon ICICI Apay.
I'm talking about paying directly on insurer's website using credit card.

lhgeek

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
If not, suggest any other credit card which still gives rewards on insurance premium payments

I'm not talking about paying through amazon via amazonpay or paying through amazon ICICI Apay.
I'm talking about paying directly on insurer's website using credit card.
Yes.. we get rewards. I have directly on lic website and have got rewards

aceventura

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Just checking whether DCB still give rewards for insurance payment. Someone who has transacted recently, please confirm.
Yes, I have done it last month. Got reward points for both LIC and ICICI Lombard (Vehicle insurance). Only caveat is there is a daily cap of 5000 points accrued from insurance transactions.

Also, one can get better rewards via Amazon GV Gyftr -> Amazon Pay -> Insurance if you have not exhausted the Amazon GV limits.

chasni

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Yes, I have done it last month. Got reward points for both LIC and ICICI Lombard (Vehicle insurance). Only caveat is there is a daily cap of 5000 points accrued from insurance transactions.

Also, one can get better rewards via Amazon GV Gyftr -> Amazon Pay -> Insurance if you have not exhausted the Amazon GV limits.

I need to pay insurance of 98k. Would Amazon allow payment using GV balance? Their FAQ says maximum amount is 1 lac.

aceventura

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I need to pay insurance of 98k. Would Amazon allow payment using GV balance? Their FAQ says maximum amount is 1 lac.
I haven't done a large amount, but as you said based on their faq, it should be possible.

The trickier part is smartbuy has a 20k Amazon gv limit per month. So you may need to accumulate over several months or use different cards to do so.

ssg9931309

TF Buzz
Hi All, This is a bit urgent.

Just asking again. I need to make an insurance payment of 1.87L in the next 3 days for Bharti AXA. So I don't have the time or option to accumulate Amazon Pay Gift Vouchers. I will be doing the payment directly from the Insurer's website.
Will the plastic version of DCB be able to provide me Reward points at the rate of 3.33% i.e. 3.33%*1.87L= Rs 6227 upto a limit of Rs 5000 per day? Will it also provide me the 500rs Mileston benefit on spending 80k in month?

@jamesdolan @aceventura

Zacobite

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Hi All, This is a bit urgent.

Just asking again. I need to make an insurance payment of 1.87L in the next 3 days for Bharti AXA. So I don't have the time or option to accumulate Amazon Pay Gift Vouchers. I will be doing the payment directly from the Insurer's website.
Will the plastic version of DCB be able to provide me Reward points at the rate of 3.33% i.e. 3.33%*1.87L= Rs 6227 upto a limit of Rs 5000 per day? Will it also provide me the 500rs Mileston benefit on spending 80k in month?

@jamesdolan @aceventura
yes.. it will 1000 rs milestone