• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Retention offer on Infinia?

Does HDFC provide any retention offer on Infinia? Has anyone tried it?

Since the annual fee waiver is at 10 lakh, is it worth trying to close and speak to retention team if my spends are around ~5 lakh?

[Couldn't find any thread about this on technofino, hence creating this new post]

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Couldn't find any thread about this on technofino, hence creating this new post
So, what is it telling us??
If you try this , you will be the first person to let us know the infinia retention offers, if any,
and if your infinia doesn’t get closed directly without asking any questions..

BTW: I too haven’t heard this scenario before ..
Interesting to see the outcome..
take one for the team .. ;)

Last edited:

coolguy1

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Infinia is an invite-only card and at any point, more people are willing to get it than the ones who're willing to let go off it.

Since so many people are always waiting to get it, the bank doesn't really care and would be hard to get any form of retention offer until and unless your spends are really high!

Zacobite

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Infinia is an invite-only card and at any point, more people are willing to get it than the ones who're willing to let go off it.

Since so many people are always waiting to get it, the bank doesn't really care and would be hard to get any form of retention offer until and unless your spends are really high!
And they give you 12.5k points in return for fee.. They rarely will offer any further retention.!

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator
Does HDFC provide any retention offer on Infinia? Has anyone tried it?

Since the annual fee waiver is at 10 lakh, is it worth trying to close and speak to retention team if my spends are around ~5 lakh?

[Couldn't find any thread about this on technofino, hence creating this new post]
be the first one to try.. you never know.. the outcome.. go with your GUTS.. i hope you're aware of potential upside/downside already.

abhiver

TF Premier
Speed Funny Dance GIF

1RC

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Sorry for being blunt here.
This is what happens when you upgrade to a card that you truly know inside of you, that you can't afford to keep next year. If your lifestyle or expense can't keep up with such cards, don't upgrade.
I have the following premium cards:
1) Magnus for Burgundy (meets all my needs)
2) HDFC Infinia
3) Amex Platinum Charge Card

I recently upgrade from Gold Charge card to Platinum charge card and I am going to close this card after using the best of 135K points. Even with relatively modest monthly income, I know my expenses and lifestyle does not match the TRUE lifestyle income needed for Amex Platinum.

So its good to experience everything that comes in your mind but keeping it going needs common financial sense.

Finally to answer the OP - You get renewal benefit on paying the annual fee what more retention do you want? GST reversal?
Call them to give you Regalia LTF :)