• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

My HDFC CC is inactive for a year, but i got a retention offer on another card!!!

VibhavBilgoji

TF Premier
i have a freedom lifetime free Rupay Credit card from HDFC, which i got last year only for the 1500rs voucher it came with.

but it has been inactive for around a year, and HDFC also sent me a mail telling me to use the card otherwise it would get blocked.

and i did get a offer on that card aswell
1715997357532.png

but then after couple of days, i got another offer

1715997421850.png
it clearly states that this offer is offered to avoid card closure

but this offer isn't applicable on the freedom card (atleast acc to the mail)
1715997597294.png
according to the mail, the offer is applicable on the card ending with 32 which is a HDFC Swiggy CC, which i use regularly.

can someone please explain what's happening here???

VibhavBilgoji

TF Premier
HDFC is testing loyalty of its customers, now a days! 😡
can i use both the offers though??

i mean i can buy 6 amazon vouchers using the swiggy card (it should give 5% on amazon purchases right?) and then buy minecraft (50% off) and something else using the scan and pay on freedom rupay card.

the T&C says offers can't be combined but i think i have done it in the past and gotten the correct cashback.
so can i combined offers on different cards???

Last edited:

Tarun239

TF Premier
can i use both the offers though??

i mean i can buy 6 amazon vouchers using the swiggy card (it should give 5% on amazon purchases right?) and then buy minecraft (50% off) and something else using the scan and pay on freedom rupay card.

the T&C says offers can't be combined but i think i have done it in the past and gotten the correct cashback.
so can i combined offers on different cards???
I have got the similar offer on swiggy card, I was also thinking of buying Amazon gift card through Amazon, yesterday someone replied to my message as well, that swiggy card does give 5 percent cashback , I am not 100 percent sure though myself.

VibhavBilgoji

TF Premier
I have got the similar offer on swiggy card, I was also thinking of buying Amazon gift card through Amazon, yesterday someone replied to my message as well, that swiggy card does give 5 percent cashback , I am not 100 percent sure though myself.
so ill spend 6k on swiggy buying the amazon vouchers, and then spend 2k on the freedom card using scan and pay. ig that should work