Bank Of Baroda Eterna Credit Card is the flagship offering from their credit card division known as BOB Financial. This card costs in the line with other premium cards available in the market but gives a super premium card reward rate. This card comes on Visa Infinite and MasterCard World platforms.
I was holding a BOB Eazy Credit Card for the last 3 years and was a very early customer for them. I recently got my card upgraded to Eterna since I was using BOB cards a lot recently due to their mouthwatering online offers so that I could further sweeten the deal on all my online spending. Here’s a detailed review of this card.
Charges and Welcome Benefits
|Joining Fee Waiver||Spend ₹25,000 on your card within the first 60 days of the card setup date for first-year fee reversal*.|
|Welcome Benefits||6 Months FitPass Pro|
|Annual Fee Waiver||Spend ₹2.5L on your card in a year for an annual fee waiver.|
|Add-on Card Charges||NIL|
*Fee reversal will reflect in the 4th bill statement from the card issuance month.
Currently, BOB is running a limited period offer and offering unconditional LTF (except Eterna) offers on many of their cards. We are also sharing with you an exclusive referral link for all the TechnoFino readers. If you think I have been able to add some value to your spending then as a token of gratitude you can go ahead by applying from our link. So what is stopping you from grabbing a BOB card?
Reward Points Accrual
|Spends Area||Reward Rate||Capping|
|Online Spends / Travel / Dining / International||15RP/ ₹100 (4X + 1X)||5000 RP/ Month(4X)|
|All Retail Spends||3RP/ ₹100 (1X)||None|
- *Reward program not applicable on Fuel, EMI transactions & Cash withdrawals.
- Online Spends include wallet, rent, and insurance payments.
- The capping of 5000 Reward Points exists on the 4X part of the total 5X reward points.
- Further spending on categories mentioned in the 1st column will earn you Reward Points at the regular earn rate of 1X.
Reward Points Redemption
|Spends Area||Reward Rate|
|Online / Travel / Dining / International||3.75%|
|All Retail Spends||0.75%|
- 1 Reward Point = 25p when redeemed for statement cash.
- Reward redemption charges are absolutely zero.
The card is great for online spending, travel, and dining spending. For online spending, even wallet loads, rental payments, and insurance give you a phenomenal reward rate. The reward rate in other categories is poor. The USP is that reward points can simply be redeemed as a statement credit for 25p per point that too without any redemption charges which is a great feature as most banks are nowadays charging for direct cash redemptions. And that 5000 Reward Point capping on accelerated category is also very decent as compared to other BOB Cards.
- 10,000 Reward Points on spending ₹50,000 within the first 60 days.
- 20,000 Reward Points on spending ₹5,00,000 in a year.
- Bonus Reward points for Milestone Rewards will be posted to eligible cardholders’ credit card accounts within 30 days of the promotion end date.
If you spend ₹41,700 (Online / Travel / Dining / International) per month then you will cross the threshold of a maximum 5000 of 4X reward points and get additional 1250 points at the rate of 1X and the total becomes 6250 Reward Points. With this, you will be able to achieve the yearly milestone of 5L spends and get another 20,000 Reward Points every year. So now you have earned 95K reward points worth ₹23750 on spending just ₹5L which makes the equivalent reward rate of a huge 4.75% CASHBACK.
With the above, you also get to waive your renewal fee for the next year. I have not added the first-year milestone benefit in the above calculations.
- Domestic – Unlimited access for both primary & add-on cardholders)
Cardholders can get up to 3-lifetime free add-on cards for their spouse, parents, siblings, or kids. It’s disappointing to see no international access on this card but with the price point at which it comes and the kind of rewards, it gives I don’t have any complaints.
PayTM Movies Offer
- Buy One Get One free movie ticket at Paytm movies up to ₹250/Month.
- 4 complimentary rounds of green fees per calendar year (not more than 1 round in a single calendar month).
- 12 complimentary golf lessons per calendar year (1 lesson per calendar month).
- Discounted golf services at 50% of the green fee beyond complimentary sessions.
To Book Call- 1800-102-6263
Fuel Surcharge Waiver
1% fuel surcharge waiver at all fuel stations across India on transactions between ₹400 and ₹5,000
- Max. surcharge waiver ₹250 per statement cycle.
- No Reward Points are earned on fuel transactions.
Discounted Forex Markup
This card offers a discounted forex markup of 2% + GST applicable.
- Personal Accidental Death Cover:- Air: ₹1Cr; Non-Air: ₹10L.
- Zero liability on lost card: Report loss of card immediately to ensure zero liability on any fraudulent transactions.
- Indian resident.
- Age 21 to 65 years.
- Annual income required ₹12L.
For a paid variant above criteria are followed internally by the bank and if you want it LTF then the bank is giving it on an approval basis for ITR having income above ₹30LPA. Unofficially existing card holders can upgrade to a paid Eterna if they have a limit of ₹2L on their current BOB Card.
Customer Care Details
For feedback/suggestions/complaints/requests the customer can contact BOB Financial @ 1800-103-1006 / 1800-225-100 or write at email@example.com from your resgistered mail-id.
BOB is very aggressive with its offers like 12-15% on flights/hotels via EaseMyTrip, Yatra.com, or even 5% cashback on bill payments via Amazon Pay. BOB is running a 5% cashback offer on utility bill payments for the last 2 years continuously on Amazon through which we can even book a gas cylinder at 5% off!! Even though it is a lending arm of a PSU Bank but is phenomenally aggressive when it comes to tie-ups with merchants.
This card can replace all the cashback cards like Axis Ace, and Standard Chartered Smart and even beats Standard Chartered Ultimate handsomely if your online-only spending is more than ₹21,000 per month so that you get a fee waiver. And if you spend close to ₹42,000 per month online then why even keep paid cards like Axis Flipkart, and HDFC Millennia in your portfolio?
Since the team involved is quite small so you may need a great amount of patience in dealing with their slow-to-respond customer care team.
And still, if you are not comfortable with the idea of keeping a premium paid card in your portfolio then I would suggest you go for any of its LTF cards like BOB Premier or a BOB Select so that you can enjoy BOB’s online offers care-free.
So what is stopping you from applying for a BOB credit card with so many benefits?
How has your experience been with BOB Credit Cards? Share your thoughts below!
Chief Editor, TechnoFino.
Personal finance nerd! Physics enthusiast and trainer. When I am not into Physics, I am minting points and hunting for the next credit card for myself. I can help you choose the best credit card for you!