• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

You guys suggest what to do with 156k amex MRCC points

navam

TF Premier
So I don't really use amex anymore, thinking of closing out my MRCC, wondering what you guys think I should do with these 156k points here.
Is marriot a good investment, I do travel often. Or Taj vouchers? Or something else someone found to give good value.

anirban.choudhury

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
So I don't really use amex anymore, thinking of closing out my MRCC, wondering what you guys think I should do with these 156k points here.
Is marriot a good investment, I do travel often. Or Taj vouchers? Or something else someone found to give good value.
Transfer to Marriot and then to United Miles in this current offer
Transfer in batches of 60k
For 120k Marriot points you would get 60k United points plus 30% bonus that is 18000
So 120k Marriot points would be 78000 United miles enough for a return fare to Europe.

Remaining 36k you can convert to Taj voucher If required or may be at Marriot for a 2 night stay at Westin Himalaya

navam

TF Premier
For 120k Marriot points you would get 60k United points plus 30% bonus that is 18000
So 120k Marriot points would be 78000 United miles enough for a return fare to Europe.

Remaining 36k you can convert to Taj voucher If required or may be at Marriot for a 2 night stay at Westin Himalaya
@anirban.choudhury so I was following your advice and came across the fact ki transfer ratio is 3:1 from marriot to United(actually almost all) + United mein they give 10k extra if you are mileage plus member. Toh 120k points become 60k makes sense, lekin where is this extra 30% offer, can't find it. Can you share the link?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231005-131137.png
    Screenshot_20231005-131137.png
    199.6 KB · Views: 15

anirban.choudhury

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
@anirban.choudhury so I was following your advice and came across the fact ki transfer ratio is 3:1 from marriot to United(actually almost all) + United mein they give 10k extra if you are mileage plus member. Toh 120k points become 60k makes sense, lekin where is this extra 30% offer, can't find it. Can you share the link?
Check the below link

Marriot to United is 3:1 but you get additional 10k bonus if you are transferring in batch of 60k Marriot Bonvoy points

So first 60k MB would give you 30k United
Second 60k another 30k

And as per the current promo you will be entitled for additional 30% bonus miles .

Also United is currently running a campaign where they are offering upto 90% bonus miles on purchase

Last edited:

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator

bro, what about amex plantium my dad's have 86k MR point.. not travelling this year though.. we can transfer to marriot and point expire after 1 year?

anirban.choudhury

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
bro, what about amex plantium my dad's have 86k MR point.. not travelling this year though.. we can transfer to marriot and point expire after 1 year?
I think If there are no travel plans it's better to keep the points with Amex.
And if you are anticipating any travel next year , I would suggest to convert 60k points to Marriot and then to United that would give around 39k United Miles which don't expire and afaik , you can do one way Europe from India at 33k United miles and also to some other African nations , middle East etc.

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator
I think If there are no travel plans it's better to keep the points with Amex.
And if you are anticipating any travel next year , I would suggest to convert 60k points to Marriot and then to United that would give around 39k United Miles which don't expire and afaik , you can do one way Europe from India at 33k United miles and also to some other African nations , middle East etc.
ok thanks for the input.

Buttman

TF Premier

Is the offer still on? Where can I read and find more about such offers.