• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Yes bank opened a savings account along with CC application.

squarepizza

TF Buzz
Pretty much the title. They opened a savings account along with my CC. I have been fighting hard to close it, but to no avail yet. Anyone else faced the same issue ? How do I get it closed ?

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Pretty much the title. They opened a savings account along with my CC. I have been fighting hard to close it, but to no avail yet. Anyone else faced the same issue ? How do I get it closed ?
Complain to PNO and ask for 0 MAB
Ask for the above, in the same conversation mention to them that they would be provided with RBI complaint number soon if not acted

Bhavneet94

TF Buzz
I faced similar issue. When i called customer care, they asked me to visit branch. But i denied, since the acc got opened up against my will. I told them i wont take short leave from my Job just to visit your useless bank to close more useless account. He said i have to visit branch. I didnt visit. They started charging my account due to non maintenance. Then i filed complaint on consumer portal and explained the unathorised acc opening. After 2 days, nearest branch manager called regarding the complaint. I said i wont come to branch for closing the account. He denied. He said i have to come to branch to sign acc closing form and reversal of charge on acc. I said ok, let the complaint remain open, but i wont come. If needed i was ready to file complaint to RBI. Why the heck should i take leave or give up part of my salary just to visit branch between 9-5. He called back again after 2 days( as TAT for closing complaint was becoming longer). I told him send one of your person at branch to get acc closure and charges reversal form signed from me. Then a person came to my office. I signed and acc was closed. This was pure harassment. After few days i closed my cc too

squarepizza

TF Buzz
I faced similar issue. When i called customer care, they asked me to visit branch. But i denied, since the acc got opened up against my will. I told them i wont take short leave from my Job just to visit your useless bank to close more useless account. He said i have to visit branch. I didnt visit. They started charging my account due to non maintenance. Then i filed complaint on consumer portal and explained the unathorised acc opening. After 2 days, nearest branch manager called regarding the complaint. I said i wont come to branch for closing the account. He denied. He said i have to come to branch to sign acc closing form and reversal of charge on acc. I said ok, let the complaint remain open, but i wont come. If needed i was ready to file complaint to RBI. Why the heck should i take leave or give up part of my salary just to visit branch between 9-5. He called back again after 2 days( as TAT for closing complaint was becoming longer). I told him send one of your person at branch to get acc closure and charges reversal form signed from me. Then a person came to my office. I signed and acc was closed. This was pure harassment. After few days i closed my cc too
wow They also told me the same . to come to the branch and submit the account closure form. I firmly denied visiting their branch. And since then I have escalated to PNO. Some employee called me few weeks back to tell me it will be closed within 1 week. But it has been more thank 1 week , thinking of escalating this to RBI now. What do you think ? Am I doing right ?

Bhavneet94

TF Buzz
wow They also told me the same . to come to the branch and submit the account closure form. I firmly denied visiting their branch. And since then I have escalated to PNO. Some employee called me few weeks back to tell me it will be closed within 1 week. But it has been more thank 1 week , thinking of escalating this to RBI now. What do you think ? Am I doing right ?
Wait for 30 days atleast before escalating. Or try consumer portal