• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Worst experience with Easydiner App

NikunjP

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I have made reservation in restaurant named "The Chocolate Room" using Easydiner app. On reaching (distance 4 KM) there I was informed by the guy at billing desk of restaurant," we don't know about easydiner app & we don't accept payment using this app".

I called so called customer care of easydiner and asked;
1. Why app shows booking confirmed without informing restaurant about booking?
2. Why dummy restaurants are available in app which actually don't accept Easydiner?

The customer care told me to give me a call back within 1 hour. However even after 3 call to customer care, they don't have any explanation.

Easydiner is fooling people with dummy restaurants. They don't have much acceptance other than matros.

Anyone had similar experience?

Farhad sekh

TF Premier
To avoid such situations, call restaurant in advance and confirm for the same.
I had done for BBQ. They easily told over call that they accept eazydiner . So i booked and enjoyed the benifit

Wealth is my birth right!

TF Prestige
VIP Lounge
I had done for BBQ. They easily told over call that they accept eazydiner . So i booked and enjoyed the benifit
As OP said mostly in metro cities or brands like bbq won’t have any hassles
My experience with ED is on metro only so far no issues

NikunjP

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Yes. I should have made a call.

However for what easydiner is charging if everything has to be done by customer?

Easydiner's poor service don't match expectations of HNI customers like Magnus cardholder from Axis.

As OP said mostly in metro cities or brands like bbq won’t have any hassles
My experience with ED is on metro only so far no issues
Correct.

Unfortunately, Easydiner is expanding to other than matros with poor services.

Wealth is my birth right!

TF Prestige
VIP Lounge
Yes. I should have made a call.

However for what easydiner is charging if everything has to be done by customer?

Easydiner's poor service don't match expectations of HNI customers like Magnus cardholder from Axis.
They have to learn from such mistakes and remove such restaurants in future

Predator

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Always call restaurant before going and ask if they accept Eazydiner booking and payment. Don't believe Eazydiner concierge or depend upon their information.
There ere few restaurants listed on Eazydiner which does not exist in reality but the
app offers booking and discounts on such fake restaurants.

So, make you own independent inquiry by calling the restaurant

ltf4ever

TF Ace
I have made reservation in restaurant named "The Chocolate Room" using Easydiner app. On reaching (distance 4 KM) there I was informed by the guy at billing desk of restaurant," we don't know about easydiner app & we don't accept payment using this app".

I called so called customer care of easydiner and asked;
1. Why app shows booking confirmed without informing restaurant about booking?
2. Why dummy restaurants are available in app which actually don't accept Easydiner?

The customer care told me to give me a call back within 1 hour. However even after 3 call to customer care, they don't have any explanation.

Easydiner is fooling people with dummy restaurants. They don't have much acceptance other than matros.

Anyone had similar experience?
i was about to make a post on this today. has happened to me at least 5 times in the last 2 months:
chronology:
1) restaurants don't have a table reserved even after the app shows booking as confirmed.
2) restaurants say that we have informed eazydiner that they won't accept booking, but they are not updating it in their app
3) despite being a prime member, their support chat is operated by bots and dont respond for an hour, while you wait at the restaurant.
4) upon escalating on twitter, you get an immediate call back saying sorry, etc.
5) they give you a complimentary coupon (which has less value than any card offer, and it can't be combined with any other offer.)
6) you can't use this coupon even if you want to, because the next time also you won't get a seat at the restaurant.
7) 2 times it happened to me that the same 'executive' called me blaming me that i am lying because the restaurant manager told them that no such problem happened.
8) this executive also tries to give random reasons saying that you booked only 24 hours prior, etc despite their app giving me a confirmed booking for the slot.

i am talking about tier 1 metro city only.

i don't know why this app and the indusind card is heavily marketed. they have also reduced the number of cards accepted on the app, reduced the discount percentage and also increased the minimum order value to be eligible for the cards.

i have reaped huge benefits using the app earlier, but can't sacrifice a peaceful weekend planning with family just to save a few hundred bucks nowadays.

Last edited:

NikunjP

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I was given similar excuse that; " We have spoken to restaurant manager & he said no such incident happened".

That's the way of calling customer "lier".

I am also mad at Axis who has given premium customers to fraud App.

bhavyegoel

TF Premier
TF Family
Chief Editor
Sr Moderator
In my last 4 years of using this app, I haven't faced any issues anywhere except for a restaurant that didn't provide the restaurant-level discount in the bill. But they budged just with a little chat with the manager. Though mostly whenever I visit a new place I always call them beforehand so that there is no issue later on. But it's sad to see so many people having unresolved grievances with their customer support.

Predator

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Maybe the discounts are too much for restaurants to offer. They often offer their own discount, equivalent to Eazydiner, if payment is made directly to them instead of Payeazy.
This discount culture has ruined the experience.
Prices are already inflated to adjust for the discount, so it is not easy to avoid such deals too considering the price.

NikunjP

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
In my last 4 years of using this app, I haven't faced any issues anywhere except for a restaurant that didn't provide the restaurant-level discount in the bill. But they budged just with a little chat with the manager. Though mostly whenever I visit a new place I always call them beforehand so that there is no issue later on. But it's sad to see so many people having unresolved grievances with their customer support.
Great. May be you live in matro city.

1. I personally feel that Easydiner has added few Dummy restaurants to the some cities. This will show their presence in more number of cities & attract more premium customers.
  2. If customer is suppose to make a call and make a reservation by self, Easydiner is charging for which service?

bhavyegoel

TF Premier
TF Family
Chief Editor
Sr Moderator
Great. May be you live in matro city.

1. I personally feel that Easydiner has added few Dummy restaurants to the some cities. This will show their presence in more number of cities & attract more premium customers.
  2. If customer is suppose to make a call and make a reservation by self, Easydiner is charging for which service?
No, I don't live in a Metro city. I agree service should be seamless else the product will die a slow death.

drakesri

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
It is not possible.
You have to Book through ED to pay through ED
No it won’t show pay from RD unless you don’t have a corresponding booking
Not necessary, I have personally booked through BBQ app and paid through BBQ vouchers bought on ED app using Axis card. Before placing the order you need to inform them that you will be paying through ED vouchers.

In case you need a corresponding booking in ED you can simultaneously book on the ED app as well. Its free anyways.

purush

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
So far my experience with them is good but based on this calling restaurant may be the right choice.