• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Why do some ITC hotels not show Green points required for making reservations?

R!ppEr

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Hey Guys,

i'm new to the hotel loyalty program game and was going through the ITC app for some R&D on the green point value/requirements for hotel bookings. What i noticed is that some hotels do not show the points needed to book the stay while some do. Like Fortune resort Benaulim will only show rupees while ITC grand goa shows the green points. Why is this so? Am i missing something?

PS - I have an ITC membership, but currently do not have transferred any points to it.

Thanks!

prabhuk

TF Buzz
@oshan does the pricing get fixed with this option ie: on booking date it’s RS 15000 can I redeem it at 1 Re = 1 Green point at the hotel at a later date?

gurbina

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
you can use pay at hotel option at booking and pay using green points at hotel
Are you sure about this?

For nearly every hotel loyalty program (and the same as airline frequent flyer programs) they have limited availability for awards.

There can 300 rooms or seats, but doesn't mean you can get it, they allot a specific number of rooms/seats for awards. So if they allot 10 and even if there's 290 more available rooms/seats available you can't get one if there's no allocated rooms/seats for awards.

I just took a quick look at their FAQ and it mentions the same and that is must be booked online.

A limited number of rooms may be allocated for Club ITC Reward Nights, and availability may vary by Hotel and Resort.

And usually they can't do or manage these things at the front desk of the hotel, they might need to get the on-duty manager and he might need to pull a stunt to make it happen. They can do many things including upgrading your room, giving you hotel credit/points for issues or out of courtesy but making award availability when there's none might be out of reach for them.

Last edited:

oshan

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Credit Card Expert
Are you sure about this?

For nearly every hotel loyalty program (and the same as airline frequent flyer programs) they have limited availability for awards.

There can 300 rooms or seats, but doesn't mean you can get it, they allot a specific number of rooms/seats for awards. So if they allot 10 and even if there's 290 more available rooms/seats available you can't get one if there's no allocated rooms/seats for awards.

I just took a quick look at their FAQ and it mentions the same and that is must be booked online.

And usually they can't do or manage these things at the front desk of the hotel, they might need to get the on-duty manager and he might need to pull a stunt to make it happen. They can do many things including upgrading your room, giving you hotel credit/points for issues or out of courtesy but making award availability when there's none might be out of reach for them.
ITC work differently, each RP is equivalent to INR 1 and can be used to settle any bill at an ITC hotel
You don't have to book, ITC club reward night, u need to do a normal book which has an option of pay at hotel
you will still need to enter your credit card details, you wont be charged
when you check in, you just need to say you want to pay using points and remaining in cash, if there is any shortage

karan.rghu

TF Buzz
Is this the only way of redeeming ITC Green Points or you can book online with Green Points?
ITC work differently, each RP is equivalent to INR 1 and can be used to settle any bill at an ITC hotel
You don't have to book, ITC club reward night, u need to do a normal book which has an option of pay at hotel
you will still need to enter your credit card details, you wont be charged
when you check in, you just need to say you want to pay using points and remaining in cash, if there is any shortage

SoN!c

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Is this a good way to get Re 1 per point value from Amex points then? Rather than struggling to find good redemption options on other brands.

oshan

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Credit Card Expert
Is this a good way to get Re 1 per point value from Amex points then? Rather than struggling to find good redemption options on other brands.
well if you consider going to a hotel ordering a dish worth INR 3000 goo value,
then it is good value

Wealth is my birth right!

TF Prestige
VIP Lounge
Great!
and is there any properties which don’t accept point at front desk?
Sorry I am new to this.
All ITC will honor green points even if u buy a water bottle
Good thing since u r new post booking call that particular property from google phone number and say ur name or number to reception and ask whether booking is confirmed
Finally before call disconnect ask them whether checkout can be done by wallet green points they will say a big YES

Sanskar

TF Select
VIP Lounge
All ITC will honor green points even if u buy a water bottle
Good thing since u r new post booking call that particular property from google phone number and say ur name or number to reception and ask whether booking is confirmed
Finally before call disconnect ask them whether checkout can be done by wallet green points they will say a big YES
Thanks for Detai explanation.

oshan

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Credit Card Expert
Great!
and is there any properties which don’t accept point at front desk?
Sorry I am new to this.
However before redeeming 1st time make sure your account is KYC verified, and enabled for green point transaction
I faced an issue 1st time, later they refunded the money and deducted from points
just call club itc and check