• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Which cc has max benefit when redeem points against Amazon gift voucher

Mohur

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Currently I am redeeming my infinia points against Tanishq vouchers to get 3.3% reward points. But that requires me paying extra (30%) to claim it.

Can you tell me which cc gives maximum reward ratio when redeeming points against Amazon gift voucher?

I don't travel by air or stay in hotels frequently so airmiles etc is not good. Just looking for Amazon voucher reward redemption.

WhoU

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
What your monthly spends look like? If you can meet 2-3 monthly milestones then magnus by far. Assuming you would also use gyftr portal to buy gift cards.

Last edited:

Mohur

TF Select
VIP Lounge
What your monthly spends look like? If you can meet 2-3 annual milestones then magnus by far. Assuming you would also use gyftr portal to buy gift cards.
I use cc a lot. 4-5 lakh per month expenses. Please suggest if anything else magnus. In axis, I see that 5000 Amazon voucher is available for 25000 edge reward points in a YouTube video.

I don't want to keep multiple cc like do 1l spend in one card, do 25k in another etc as I want to keep my accounting simple.

WhoU

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
And that is correct you will get 5000 amazon voucher for 25k RP.
I use cc a lot. 4-5 lakh per month expenses. Please suggest if anything else magnus. In axis, I see that 5000 Amazon voucher is available for 25000 edge reward points in a YouTube video.

I don't want to keep multiple cc like do 1l spend in one card, do 25k in another etc as I want to keep my accounting simple.

Mohur

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Thanks @WhoU
I just did some calculations. My spends are mostly in USD.

So, 20 points per Rs 200 spent. Means 75000 points on Rs 500000. 75000 points is Rs 15000 Amazon voucher. Thus reward rate of 3%.

Deduct 1.5% markup.

Final reward rate will be approx 1.5%

On infinia, I get 3.33%-2% = approx 1.33%

You are right. RESERVE better than infinia

manzb

TF Premier
Thanks @WhoU
I just did some calculations. My spends are mostly in USD.

So, 20 points per Rs 200 spent. Means 75000 points on Rs 500000. 75000 points is Rs 15000 Amazon voucher. Thus reward rate of 3%.

Deduct 1.5% markup.

Final reward rate will be approx 1.5%

On infinia, I get 3.33%-2% = approx 1.33%

You are right. RESERVE better than infinia
75000 points are equal to 60K CV points. It will be enough to get you 12 one way ticket’s between any two airports within India. Almost equal to 60-70k worth of tickets

sunny1813

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Currently I am redeeming my infinia points against Tanishq vouchers to get 3.3% reward points. But that requires me paying extra (30%) to claim it.

Can you tell me which cc gives maximum reward ratio when redeeming points against Amazon gift voucher?

I don't travel by air or stay in hotels frequently so airmiles etc is not good. Just looking for Amazon voucher reward redemption.
what you do with tanishq vouchers then sell or self consume. Tanishq voucher value cannot be considered equal to Amazon voucher.

Mohur

TF Select
VIP Lounge
75000 points are equal to 60K CV points. It will be enough to get you 12 one way ticket’s between any two airports within India. Almost equal to 60-70k worth of tickets
Right but since I don't travel, I don't need those airline points. Though I order a lot on Amazon. I am trying to move completely away from local kriyana and gift shops.

what you do with tanishq vouchers then sell or self consume. Tanishq voucher value cannot be considered equal to Amazon voucher.
I am building some investment in gold. I had to anyway purchase gold for diversification. So infinia tanishq voucher helps in achieving that goal. I do incur 16% making charges with them.

The silver line is that 70% of it is paid via infinia points and on the remaining 30% payment for the voucher, I again get 16% reward points via smartbuy.

However I cannot simply keep buying gold like this forever so I do need diversification in redemption of points, hence was exploring Amazon vouchers redemption.

Tanishq is the most expensive gold brand in india. I never buy anything from them.
True, they are expensive. But my family trusts them the most. How can I not agree with mother and wife who are the final say people when it comes to gold and jewelry.

SBI cashback is good card but doesn't suit me as I want to keep one card only that has no capping on its reward points system. That is when infinia and axis reserve come into picture.

sunny1813

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Right but since I don't travel, I don't need those airline points. Though I order a lot on Amazon. I am trying to move completely away from local kriyana and gift shops.

I am building some investment in gold. I had to anyway purchase gold for diversification. So infinia tanishq voucher helps in achieving that goal. I do incur 16% making charges with them.

The silver line is that 70% of it is paid via infinia points and on the remaining 30% payment for the voucher, I again get 16% reward points via smartbuy.

However I cannot simply keep buying gold like this forever so I do need diversification in redemption of points, hence was exploring Amazon vouchers redemption.

True, they are expensive. But my family trusts them the most. How can I not agree with mother and wife who are the final say people when it comes to gold and jewelry.

SBI cashback is good card but doesn't suit me as I want to keep one card only that has no capping on its reward points system. That is when infinia and axis reserve come into picture.
Not just making charges but 3% GST + Tanishq gold rate being 3% higher than IBJA rate + 3% deduction in case of buyback.

WhoU

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Why don’t you buy SGB for investment?

Mohur

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Why don’t you buy SGB for investment?
Yes once I switch to axis reserve, I shall go for gold bonds only. Was stuck with physical gold because infinia gives 1:1 conversion for Tanishq vouchers and i don't have any travel/hotel expenses so was stuck with Tanishq as best option out there.

Apart from hotel, flight, tanishq, Apple the redemption options on infinia are not that great.