• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Credit card is disabled for any gift card purchase from Amazon

sundarrajs

TF Buzz
I could able to purchase Amazon gift card from amazon 5 days ago. Now when I try to purchase it shows only debit card or UPI. Amazon shows credit cards are not available for the gift card purchase.

yusuf646

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I could able to purchase Amazon gift card from amazon 5 days ago. Now when I try to purchase it shows only debit card or UPI. Amazon shows credit cards are not available for the gift card purchase.
Yes, Amazon is disabling the credit card option for gift card purchases for many users. You can't do anything about it. There are many other platforms that allow buying Amazon gift cards using credit cards.

praful47

TF Ace
Yesterday I purchased gift card using credit card

Riya Sharma

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Yo could you share in dm? Like what did you discover bruh? Couldn’t we purchase gv via atlas before anyway?
yes we could but I never even thought about it since I guess I never tried to buy an amazon gift card from amazon themselves. Think I might be retarded

s1t2y3a3m6

TF Ace
Yes, Amazon is disabling the credit card option for gift card purchases for many users. You can't do anything about it. There are many other platforms that allow buying Amazon gift cards using credit cards.
Just tried on amazon

Credit card option enabled for me for gift card purchase.

May be it has some limit per month of account specific idk

crasher

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Guys - please relax
The limit of vouchers that can be bought via CC is capped. Once you cross that cap, CC option gets disabled.

Using a Credit card, the combined amount of [Gift cards + Amazon Vouchers] that can be purchased is as below:
  • 30-days: INR 30,000
  • 60-days: INR 40,000
  • 90-days: INR 50,000
  • 365-days: INR 3,60000

rogerthat

TF Ace
Don't worry this is standard Amazon practice. If you buy using CCs once they will disable that option for you for some time and later unlock it. If you buy once in a while within the limits they won't have a problem. If you try to buy in bulk all the time they might disable it permanently.