• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Where to park money for short period?

If i spend Rs. 10000 on the first day of billing cycle, then i have over 30 to 40 days before i pay the bill. I want to invest it to generate extra returns. What would be the safest way to do it?

kkk

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
If i spend Rs. 10000 on the first day of billing cycle, then i have over 30 to 40 days before i pay the bill. I want to invest it to generate extra returns. What would be the safest way to do it?
I invest in Bharatpe's 12% club and Mobikwik's Xtra+. They give daily interest @12% per annum. If you want to be fully safe then keep it in Savings account in RBL/AU Bank/Equitas. They offer good interest on savings account as well. I invest just after billing date and keep money in 12% club or Mobikwik Xtra+ for 40 days and withdraw it and pay off the bill.

Slayer

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
I invest in Bharatpe's 12% club and Mobikwik's Xtra+. They give daily interest @12% per annum. If you want to be fully safe then keep it in Savings account in RBL/AU Bank/Equitas. They offer good interest on savings account as well. I invest just after billing date and keep money in 12% club or Mobikwik Xtra+ for 40 days and withdraw it and pay off the bill.
+1

For how long have you been using 12% club or mobikwik? Did you face any issue in either of them?

Slayer

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
For how long have you been using 12% club or mobikwik? Did you face any issue in either of them?
Using over 1 year, no issues from 12% so far

Previously the used to instantly credit the money you 'withdraw' from them now it takes atleast 24 hours but not more than 48 hours, same thing with deposits too
Previously you could deposit money before 8 PM and earn 'interest' for the day.

kkk

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
In 12%, I'm investing since a year(I have invested Rs. 10 lakh in my mother's account to avoid tax). Mobikwik Xtra+ is recently launched. Withdrawing is faster in Mobik Xtra+ otherwise I personally feel 12% club is more safer as they lend to Merchant owning BhartatPe Merhant QR.

kkk

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
AU is just 3.5 upto 99,999 and 5% upto 9,99,999.
I think RBL has 4.25%. I don't have AU. I keep my emergency corpus fund in Equitas and RBL bank. Rest short term investment in P2P(12% and Mobik Xtra+) and Invoice discounting. Long term investment obviously Equity and MF zindabad :)

Wealth is my birth right!

TF Prestige
VIP Lounge
I think RBL has 4.25%. I don't have AU. I keep my emergency corpus fund in Equitas and RBL bank. Rest short term investment in P2P(12% and Mobik Xtra+) and Invoice discounting. Long term investment obviously Equity and MF zindabad :)
Invoice disc i had small experience with Future Retail Limited where do u used to do?

kkk

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Doesn't 12% club give more return than TradeCred/Jiraaf??
Yes, But I diversify. If you see my reply above. I invest for short term in 12% club, Mobikwik Xtra+ and Invoice discounting(TradeCred/Jiraaf). I don't prefer keeping all my eggs in one basket.

kkk

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Yes, But I diversify. If you see my reply above. I invest for short term in 12% club, Mobikwik Xtra+ and Invoice discounting(TradeCred/Jiraaf). I don't prefer keeping all my eggs in one basket.
May be we can start a separate another thread where we can discuss how we diversify our investment. I invest in P2P(12 %, Mobik Xtra+), Invoice discounting, Mutual fund, Equity(Both Indian and US stock market), SGB(Gold bonds backed by RBI) and FD.

Wealth is my birth right!

TF Prestige
VIP Lounge
May be we can start a separate another thread where we can discuss how we diversify our investment. I invest in P2P(12 %, Mobik Xtra+), Invoice discounting, Mutual fund, Equity(Both Indian and US stock market), SGB(Gold bonds backed by RBI) and FD.
hope u've some share in NPS, PPF, etc for long run

kkk

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
hope u've some share in NPS, PPF, etc for long run
I used to invest in PPF in my initial days of my career(For 80C deduction) now I just put Rs. 500 per year to keep the account active. My 80C deduction gets covered by EPF(>1.5 lac per year). Started investing in NPS(Rs. 50k per year) since last year only to save on tax. I personally don't like to invest in govt scheme but EPF is mandatory and NPS for tax saving purpose.

Last edited: