• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Where to park money for short period?

Wealth is my birth right!

TF Prestige
VIP Lounge
And for long term(> 10 years), I feel Equity and Mutual fund will have better return than PPF. NPS also invest in Equity(if you choose the option correctly), but there are lot of T&C to withdraw that amount before and even after retirement. And I don't plan to work beyond 40-45 years.
of course its everyone's dream to get retired ASAP also we can term it financial independence.
money management if well known one can attempt to get best safe yield even with a small corpus as low as 25l, it all depends upon ones goal.

caabhi

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
For short term - you can opt for liquid funds. If you have home loan, you can explore the smart loan product from SBI, HSBC likewise, which allows you to park your funds and result in saving in interest on you loan. Plus since it is not repayment of loan, it kind of offers you liquidity option as well.
Better to keep emergency funds parked there.

0b110

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Do any of these options allow payment via credit card? I thought barring nps no other investments are possible by credit cards.

djai

TF Buzz
For short term - you can opt for liquid funds. If you have home loan, you can explore the smart loan product from SBI, HSBC likewise, which allows you to park your funds and result in saving in interest on you loan. Plus since it is not repayment of loan, it kind of offers you liquidity option as well.
Better to keep emergency funds parked there.
Hi, I have home loan with SBI, can you explain how to avail this option of smart loan.

caabhi

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hi, I have home loan with SBI, can you explain how to avail this option of smart loan.
In SBI- this product is called Maxgain account. You need to avail this loan to be able to use this feature.

"Under ‘SBI – Maxgain’ Home Loans will be sanctioned as an Overdraft. While customers will have to remit the Equated Monthly Instalments (EMIs) as in the case of usual Home Loans, the Drawing Power on the Overdraft will be reduced on monthly basis to the extent of the principal component of the EMI so that the Overdraft is liquidated at the end of the loan tenure. (Interest component of the EMI remitted will service the interest obligations)."

deepcards

TF Premier
And for long term(> 10 years), I feel Equity and Mutual fund will have better return than PPF. NPS also invest in Equity(if you choose the option correctly), but there are lot of T&C to withdraw that amount before and even after retirement. And I don't plan to work beyond 40-45 years.
That's because of higher risk bro. Suppose at age of 60, you want to withdraw funds, and a 2008/2020 type situation emerges, with your portfolio halved.
That's why investing in different asset classes is recommended, according to your age.

sm9811911

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Yes. I was just searching around and found this.

Keep investing in this and you will definitely see 1-2 defaults. Time for borrower default is almost here.