• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

What is your current home loan rate of interest?

ChurningNoob

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Please specify the bank name as well, I am planning to do a balance transfer due to my current high rate.

SBI - 8.95%

Wrong bro.

If we pay any amount (online/offline) over and above our regular EMI, it will always lower the principal amount. Additional/adhoc payment is not considered as EMI. Never ever.

I pay it online and hence, can vouch for it.
Correct, I asked SBI BM when I took HL and he too confirmed same and will be credited to outstanding amount, not to EMI and no change in EMI ( EMI stays same unless we request for adjustment based on our prepayment).

krishc

TF Ace
Wrong bro.

If we pay any amount (online/offline) over and above our regular EMI, it will always lower the principal amount. Additional/adhoc payment is not considered as EMI. Never ever.

I pay it online and hence, can vouch for it.
which bank it is for you ?
for me, LIC HFL allows only cheque payment 😤

prc1990

TF Ace
Rate hasn’t decreased since the loan sanctioned but it would move with repo.
Conversion charges are different for reducing the spread. No charges otherwise when repo reduces.
Shouldn't the RLLR interest rate go up/down whenever there is a change in Repo Rate otherwise how it is beneficial to the customer/borrower?