• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

What is your current home loan rate of interest?

ChurningNoob

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Please specify the bank name as well, I am planning to do a balance transfer due to my current high rate.

SBI - 8.95%

prc1990

TF Ace
I have Home Loan in PNB with current rate showing as 7.1% in mobile banking. I think the rate is not updated there. It should be more than 8% at least. I initially opened with United Bank of India with 8.55% (as I had zero/no CIBIL that time) which later migrated to PNB.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-01-29-19-46-38-54_148fc518f757eaa8922e148b3051f246.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-01-29-19-46-38-54_148fc518f757eaa8922e148b3051f246.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

prc1990

TF Ace
Question to all: How are guys ensuring what is exact rate of interest for your home loan? Because the rate may not be updated (though should be) from time to time in the bank's official website. What I meant is how to actually validate the interest rate as it may vary from one customer to another based on their CIBIL, loan amount, tenure, type of employment etc.

Question to all: How are guys ensuring what is exact rate of interest for your home loan? Because the rate may not be updated (though should be) from time to time in the bank's official website. What I meant is how to actually validate the interest rate as it may vary from one customer to another based on their CIBIL, loan amount, tenure, type of employment etc.
Usually it will be updated in our Loan account statements and in Cibil as well we can check our current interest rate for the loan.

prc1990

TF Ace
Usually it will be updated in our Loan account statements and in Cibil as well we can check our current interest rate for the loan.
Latest CIBIL also shows 7.1% which is too low/good to be believed. See if it is not updated at the bank's end, the same would be sent over to CIBIL. So believing CIBIL for the interest rate may not be the right choice/validator.

prc1990

TF Ace
Guys
Keep checking your amortization schedule and use excel to ensure that banks is not charging extra principal or interest. Banks never reduce rates when rbi repo goes down
Went through the video and understood however, it was assumed that the interest rate remains the same through out the loan period. Since our EMI amount doesn't get changed irrespective of the interest rate goes up or down, how to validate the current interest rate which is in play to make sure if it is aligned with Repo rate? 🥲😪

Deleted member 9785

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Went through the video and understood however, it was assumed that the interest rate remains the same through out the loan period. Since our EMI amount doesn't get changed irrespective of the interest rate goes up or down, how to validate the current interest rate which is in play to make sure if it is aligned with Repo rate? 🥲😪
Yes, whenever rate changes create a new amortization schedule based on outstanding principal, new interest rate

prc1990

TF Ace
Yes, whenever rate changes create a new amortization schedule based on outstanding principal, new interest rate
Again the question stands the same. How will I know what rate has been applied currently? Rate displayed in loan account may not be updated periodically and hence the question 🥹🥹.