• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

What is a decent number of credit enquiries

ank_sh1

TF Premier
Hi there,
I am looking for a number of credit inquiries which is good or not bad for cibil score. I personally have 41 hard enquiries in the last 2 years, and I am not sure if it's way too high or okay or good. I see here many people holding numbers of credit cards and I don't think that would be possible without numbers of hard enquiries.

What is the ideal number of enquiries to have in a month or quarter a year or 3 years?

Thanks,

suryatejad

TF Buzz
I have 41 hard enquiries in the last 3 months, my score dipped by 3 points. ICICI Bank did 10+ enquiries, Au did 5.
Hi there,
I am looking for a number of credit inquiries which is good or not bad for cibil score. I personally have 41 hard enquiries in the last 2 years, and I am not sure if it's way too high or okay or good. I see here many people holding numbers of credit cards and I don't think that would be possible without numbers of hard enquiries.

What is the ideal number of enquiries to have in a month or quarter a year or 3 years?

Thanks,

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Okay,,
Once you cross credit age of 5, the significance of number of enquiries reduces..

Credit age and significance of no of enquiries will have an inversely proportional relationship..

There are two things here:
1) the effect of enquiries on the score
2) banks weightage of recent enquiries in the approval process..
Only a handful of banks do give big importance to this
My cibil age is 2 11 month
I closed my oldest account ( fk pay later) no decrease in cibil score .
Is
Age of account depends on first time loan / cc was reported ?
Or the oldest account age ( active )

Das.N

TF Ace
not only overall utilisation, individual account level utilisation also matters..
If you make every account utilisation either 0 / -ve your score would be around 793 ..
But ICICI, HDFC, Axis takes a lot of time to report. Even if I pay all the dues today. My credit score will jump up even after February, I think. Mujhe Indusind k card apply karna tha. Lagta hai postpone karna padega.