• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Do Credit Enquiries older than last quarter matter?

parthv

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Hi,

I have 8-year-old credit profile and total 28 inquires and 7 inquires in last quarter. They aren't reducing the score as such, but when applying for credit card or loans do banks check the inquiries older than last quarter?

Hi,

I have 8-year-old credit profile and total 28 inquires and 7 inquires in last quarter. They aren't reducing the score as such, but when applying for credit card or loans do banks check the inquiries older than last quarter?
I think most banks check upto 6 months inquiries. So it is recommed to apply max 2-3 card every quarter. But considering your credit age, you should be fine.

Gaara

TF Ace
Hi,

Only a few banks consider the number of inquiries, and Federal Bank is notably one of them. My friend’s card was rejected, and they explained that if there are more than two inquiries in the last three months, they would not approve the card.

Interestingly, I also had seven inquiries in the last quarter, and my score dropped by three points.